Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keylogger Anti-Theft App?

I'm not sure this is the correct section to ask about this since it is an app for my nexus 4 rather than about the actual hardware of the device. If it isn't let me know and I will ask in a different area.

I'm wondering if there are any anti-theft apps which allow you to capture all the keystrokes made by a thief in the event your device is stolen. Then the app would deliver all the keystrokes to you through sms or email. Has anyone seen a key logger enabled anti-theft app? I checked the play store and searched around but couldn't find anything.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Keylogger Anti-Theft App?

Avast does an android version that comes with antivirus/anti theft.

Not quite a keylogging feature, but it is pretty darn good for what it can still do.

Oh...and its free...

avast! Free Mobile Security | Antivirus & Anti-Theft App for Android mobile & tablet

avast! Anti-Theft features:

App Disguiser
    After downloading avast! Anti-Theft, user can choose a custom name that disguises the app (e.g. call it "Pinocchio game") so that it is even harder for thieves to find and remove.

Stealth Mode
    Once anti-theft is enabled, the app icon is hidden in the app tray, leaving no audio or other trace on the target phone the app is 'invisible', making it difficult for thieves to detect or remove.

Self-Protection
    Extremely difficult for thieves to remove (especially on rooted phones), Anti-Theft protects itself from uninstall by disguising its components with various self-preservation techniques. On rooted phones it is able to survive hard-resets and can even disable the phone's USB port.

Battery Save
    Anti-Theft only launches itself and runs when it needs to perform tasks. This preserves battery life and makes it very difficult for thieves to shut it down.

SIM-Card-Change Notification
    If stolen and a different (unauthorized) SIM card inserted, the phone can lock, activate siren, and send you notification (to remote device) of the phone's new number and geo-location.

Trusted SIM Cards List
    Establish a 'white list' of approved SIM cards that can be used in the phone without triggering a theft alert. You can also easily clear the trusted SIM cards list, to leave the one present in the phone as the only trusted one.

Remote Settings Change
    A setup wizard guides the user through the installation process on rooted phones by either writing directly or by generating an update file. No command-line knowledge is necessary to install Anti-Theft rooted. Also supports upgrading the app.

Remote Features
    Remote Siren
    Option to sound a loud siren, which returns always to maximum volume if thieves try to silence. This siren sound can also be customized (e.g. record own siren sound or select siren sound from file).

Remote Lock
    To protect your data, phone can be locked remotely and then cannot be accessed again without entering the password specified by the user.

Lock Phone Settings Access
    Enables remote locking of the phone's App Manager and/or phone settings.

Remote Display
    Remotely send a customized message to locked or non-locked phone display (e.g. with a reward for its return).

Remote Locate
    Remotely locate phone via GPS, WiFi, or mobile network for maximum accuracy. Can locate either once or continuously (GPS can be auto-enabled on all rooted phones or non-rooted phones from Android 1.6 to 2.2).

Remote Memory Wipe
    Remotely trigger a full, permanent wipe of all phone data (e.g. contacts, call log, SMS/MMS, browser history, apps, email accounts), including reliable, physical wipe of all memory cards from Android 2.2 on (limited functionality on older versions).

Remote Calling
    Remotely have the phone call you elsewhere with screen blackened, so that thieves cannot see it. This way you can listen to the phone's surroundings.

Remote Forwarding
    Remotely activate/deactivate option to forward or copy call data and/or SMS messages to another device. Call data goes to remote device, but not the call itself. SMS messages, however, are forwarded in their entirety ("CC" copies also to original device).

Remote "Lost" Notification
    Remotely send a "Lost" command to trigger same actions as SIM card change (e.g. phone lock, siren, or USB lock). "Found" command deactivates "Lost" command.

Remote SMS Sending
    Remotely trigger phone to send an SMS to another phone. That way, if you forget the phone somewhere, you can reply nonetheless to incoming calls or SMS messages.

Remote History
    Query the call log, contacts, and SMS messages remotely (with each forwarded as a separate SMS message, but able to be filtered).

Remote Restart
    Reboot the phone by SMS command, which will lock the phone by asking for the SIM's PIN code. (Works only on rooted phones.)

Low Battery Notification
    Phone is able to send low battery notification to a secondary device.

Remote Settings Change
    All of the Anti-Theft settings can be changed remotely.

not exactly what your looking for but I heard everyone recommends this
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cerberus&hl=en
    It has three ways to protect your device:
    - Remote control through the website www.cerberusapp.com
    - Remote control via text messages
    - SIM Checker (for devices that have a SIM card): you will automatically receive alerts if someone uses your phone with an unauthorized SIM card
    Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your device, like:
    - Locate and track it
    - Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
    - Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
    - Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
    - Lock the device with a code
    - Record audio from the microphone
    - Get a list of last calls sent and received
    - Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
    - And much more!
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I saw both of those apps. I was considering another one too called PhoneLocator Pro - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vo.plpro&hl=en
    So as of now my choices are PhoneLocator Pro, Avast, and Cerberus. Avast has the unique feature of being able to disable usb but that could easily be re-enabled in settings by the thief if they knew how to flash roms and were somewhat savvy in using android.

ROM
    KK 4.4.3

Quote Originally Posted by laser155 View Post
    I saw both of those apps. I was considering another one too called PhoneLocator Pro - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vo.plpro&hl=en
    So as of now my choices are PhoneLocator Pro, Avast, and Cerberus. Avast has the unique feature of being able to disable usb but that could easily be re-enabled in settings by the thief if they knew how to flash roms and were somewhat savvy in using android.
    Your standard phone thief is not going to be that savvy. Most likely your phone will either end up in a pawn shop, on Craigslist (after a factory reset), or they'll just start using it themselves as a burner phone.

Cerberus no good anymore they are now locking features after only like 2 days of using them