Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone using LightFlow with the Nexus 4

If so, is it working properly and does it unnecessarily drain the battery?

Default Re: Anyone using LightFlow with the Nexus 4

I tried it, it refused to flash anything for Gmail notifications - but worked for other applications.

I uninstalled it.

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

working fine for me. i used the lite version first, the. paid cause I want notification for other apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Working great here, and has almost no effect on battery life.

working great here too, no significant effect on battery life. but i guess i might get the paid version too so that i can add more apps
    Zee

Global Posts
    639 Global Posts

Works fine for me, i'm using the paid version, flashes for all the apps I care about including Gmail. Never see it in my battery drain list.
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member

ROM
    Stock

It works for me. I havn't noticed any drain on the battery at all. The only thing I have noticed with it is that when you go to test all active notification it only flashes green for me, but it does flash the correct color for the correct notification during normal use.

Works for me! Sometimes a little buggy, like it won't show the charging light until I unplug then replug it back in. Not the most consistent notifications, but more often than not it works great. No noticeable effect on battery. Using the free version.

Works good. Sometimes get a little buggy and doesn't flash notifications but all in all is good.

Working good here. The LED on this phone is rather small and not very bright (compared to my Blackberry anyway).

I flashed AOKP to my phone so I use the built-in LED controls in ROM control, works pretty much the same, though! Very handy to be able to decide what colour and flash pattern each app has.

Been using lightflow for a few weeks now. I got the paid version for extra apps support, as others have here. I love the app, and have seen no difference in battery life.

The cool thing is that it will alternately flash lights for different notifications. The only time that's a problem is that if you set a solid (non-blinking) notification. In that case, it will override all other blinking notifications. I use solid colors for bluetooth on and fully charged (99%).

I found that if I have 2 solid lights it ends up mixing them lol

Working fine here, using the paid version. It gets a little bit confused with the solid light when I charge it. Battery seems to be good.

Only thing that I am not happy about is that notification light blinks only when the screen is off. This is annoying when for example I play a game in full screen mode and can't see the notification bar. Then I would like to be able to have my notification light but it doesn't do it.

actually ysbg makes a good point, never thought of it. i wonder why they cant implement this?

Using the paid version and I love it. One of the coolest features that it has is the ability to customize notifications per app. Being able to change vibration patterns between chat and txt messages is huge. Also, being able to overwrite sound profiles and enable sound only for specific tasks is awesome. I'm on-call, and our monitoring systems use sms to page us. I hate having ringers enabled on my phones though. With lightflow, I can keep my phone on vibrate, and add a sound notification, as well as being able to set reminders every minute with duration for missed sms. To be honest, I really don't care about the actual LED notifications at all. Definitely one of the few apps worth paying for.

-Dan

Using the paid version here. As others have mentioned, it works flawlessly and I haven't noticed any adverse effects to battery life.

If your phone has a notification LED, you need Lightflow.

Using paid version. works great. Initially had problems with native notifications coming on, and staying on. That problem has mysteriously, and thankfully, gone away. The only issue I have now is with contact specific notifications: I can't seem to change the notification color for these. It allows you to change the color for SMS or a missed phone call, but any change doesn't seem to matter. It just shows the, what seems to me to be, unchangeable overall contact color of light blue. Any new contact specific notification set up is the same color. Maybe I am missing something. Overall though, it works great

Quote Originally Posted by ysbg View Post
    Working fine here, using the paid version. It gets a little bit confused with the solid light when I charge it. Battery seems to be good.

Only thing that I am not happy about is that notification light blinks only when the screen is off. This is annoying when for example I play a game in full screen mode and can't see the notification bar. Then I would like to be able to have my notification light but it doesn't do it.
    In settings there is something called Samsung s3 root mode that says it let's the led blink when the screen is on. No idea if it is ONLY for the S3 but seems to at least imply it needs a root. Haven't bothered trying it yet.

Works fine for me, i'm using the paid version

Works fine for me too. Not nearly as good as be buzz on my blackberry though. Anybody know what number setting gets you the brightest led?

Good catch! Didn't bother to read because it was for GS3. I didn't root but that's a different story..

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    In settings there is something called Samsung s3 root mode that says it let's the led blink when the screen is on. No idea if it is ONLY for the S3 but seems to at least imply it needs a root. Haven't bothered trying it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzmoney95 View Post
    actually ysbg makes a good point, never thought of it. i wonder why they cant implement this?
    The dev is actually super responsive on his thread over at XDA. Many of these questions have been answered or will be answered over there. Its actually why I paid for the app - I'm a sucker for a dev that cares about his product.

Improvements are coming for the N4 - he struggled to get one from the play store for a while,but that has been rectified.

I've seen no battery drainage since I started using it, and if it doesn't work for gmail, it might be because you use the priority inbox, which Google changed with the new version, but the dev is working on it.

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vansmack View Post
    The dev is actually super responsive on his thread over at XDA. Many of these questions have been answered or will be answered over there. Its actually why I paid for the app - I'm a sucker for a dev that cares about his product.

Improvements are coming for the N4 - he struggled to get one from the play store for a while,but that has been rectified.

I've seen no battery drainage since I started using it, and if it doesn't work for gmail, it might be because you use the priority inbox, which Google changed with the new version, but the dev is working on it.
    you got link to the thread? thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast