Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Any updates for 28th november nexus 4 orders ?

I have ordered it on 28th november in morning , any received any email updates ? I am well aware they gave shipping time of 4-5 weeks, but still there were few haphazard delivery for december orders... plz update it..

Order number: 15731260465432498277.9
    Order date: Nov 28, 2012 9:46:21 AM EST
    Payment method: VISA xxx-3

Purchased from:
    Google, Inc.
    1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
    Mountain View
    CA
    United States
    Ship to:
    ashish pandit
    1700 E 13th St Apt 18h
    cleveland
    OH
    United States
    Shipping Status Quantity Item Price
    Estimated Ship:
    4-5 weeks 1 Nexus 4 (16GB) $349.00
    Shipping: $13.99
    Tax: $28.13
    Total: $391.12

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Default Nexus 4 Ordered on November 28th

I was just wondering if anybody that had ordered their Nexus 4 on November 28th around 6 pm EST time. I know I should not be expecting it for at least 4-5 weeks but curiosity is a b-word.

Default Re: Nexus 4 Ordered on November 28th

You will get it before January 2nd. Don't worry, it hasn't even been 4-5 weeks.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

I hope it comes in before new years though...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yeah..even i am hoping it can come early.. ! hope so..

I believe the 6-7 week wait is just to be safe from possible error. It will also deter resellers if they might have to wait 6 weeks!
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

any updates ??? guys !

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Default Re: Any updates for 28th november nexus 4 orders ?

I ordered mine on the 28th and have received nothing but the initial email.

Same here, except that I wrote them for an update and was told the only commitment they had was to ship within the shipping window, and that I should have mine by January 2.

Order date: Nov 28, 2012 12:10:37 PM CST

Estimated Ship:
    4-5 weeks

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Any updates?

Chiming in myself. Ordered mine at around 1 a.m. Pacific on the 28th. I couldn't get through earlier on the 27th, and I haven't heard anything since the initial emails confirming that I have a 4-5 week wait.

Patience is a virtue.
    I'm a Human Machine

It sounds like the 28th orders won't be shipped until well into January...those that ordered in dec are getting there's in under a week.

Hopefully not "well into" January so much as "into." I emailed Google for an update and was told they were committed to getting the phones to us within the shipping estimate, which means by January 2 for those of us on the 28th who had a 4-5 week estimate. (Edit: Oh, I guess I already wrote that... sorry for redundancy.)

And, I still haven't heard anything either. Phone is listed as "pending" in wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by dave43 View Post
    It sounds like the 28th orders won't be shipped until well into January...those that ordered in dec are getting there's in under a week.
    Source? Not being a jerk, but I keep hearing about this, but nobody can seem to point me in the right direction in light of anything more than passing speculation.
    I'm a Human Machine

I can't speak for Dave43, but my source is a canned email from Google:

Orders are shipped based on the estimate in your order confirmation email. Once an order has been processed you'll receive a second ship confirmation email with your tracking number. It may take 24 hours for the package tracking to return any information for your tracking number.

If you have not received a package tracking number after the time quoted in your order confirmation email, please let us know.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of January 02.

Neuxs 4 backorders: Please note that the above date is based on typical shipment processing and does not apply to Nexus 4 backorders. Nexus 4 backorders are being delivered based on the order in which they were received. If you receive a shipping confirmation email, then you will be able to track your delivery.

For more information on shipping and delivery, please see this article in our help center:
    Shipping & delivery - Google Play Help.
    Thanked by:
    HumanMachine likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Nexus 4 is again on the google play from today, i hope they won't ship early to those also who are ordering in this batch ! ...

Still waiting, no more updates from Google. I have even applied pressure to no effect. I think they should merely have been better prepared.
    Its pretty obvious that the lost art of customer service is long dead. I have a bitterness towards the process that delivers the product in such a hap hazard way.
    First come first serve would have been a better preference.

1 of my friends ordered a Nexus 4 on the 28th and got it the next week

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm bumping this to keep it current. Google you failed , I know it does not matter as I'm sure most of the people handling this
    were not programmed properly even at birth. I see it as a symptom of a society without a moral compass. Who knows maybe
    our Nov 28 orders will ship, but you would not know it by the results. Its amazing that some people have had their devices changed
    out twice already and we can't even get delivery.

I have emailed twice and got the standard answer both times. "It will be shipped by evening of Jan 2nd) Called and talked to someone last week and got the same scripted answer. What really pisses me is all the folks that ordered the week of Jan 10 got their phones in 2-3 days. I don't begrudge them, it is not their fault... but it it's a really crappy way for Google to do business and unfair to all their loyal customers that have been waiting for weeks to get a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratigan View Post
    I'm bumping this to keep it current. Google you failed , I know it does not matter as I'm sure most of the people handling this
    were not programmed properly even at birth. I see it as a symptom of a society without a moral compass. Who knows maybe
    our Nov 28 orders will ship, but you would not know it by the results. Its amazing that some people have had their devices changed
    out twice already and we can't even get delivery.
    What in the blue hell are you on about? orders on the 28th state 4 to 5 weeks. Essentially by the first week of January. If it doesn't ship then, you calmly send them an email in regards to said matter. Perhaps they might be nice and waive the shipping fee, but your tirade is completely and utterly pointless. Society without a moral compass? Really? Is that the crux of your argument?
    I'm a Human Machine
    SpenceJonas likes this.

Indeed it is my cyborg wannabee. Morality has everything to do with it. There is an actual right and wrong to nearly everything. Morality or the lack of it helps shape our decision making processes. Those who devised this method of customer service are lacking in it. I would dare say that the legions of unhappy customers who often occupy up to 3500 pages of forum discussion would help support that conclusion. It s ridiculous to assume its normal for a group to be told to wait 4-5 weeks while others were given a chance just days later to get aboard the happy train in as little as 36 hours. We disagree and so be it.

Just got a heads up that the date on my account states December 27th, 2012. That changed from November 28. Maybe there is hope yet.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by HumanMachine View Post
    What in the blue hell are you on about? orders on the 28th state 4 to 5 weeks. Essentially by the first week of January. If it doesn't ship then, you calmly send them an email in regards to said matter. Perhaps they might be nice and waive the shipping fee, but your tirade is completely and utterly pointless. Society without a moral compass? Really? Is that the crux of your argument?
    Don't you know man, getting uptight about not getting your cell phone before the stated shipping time is the new in thing.

I got charged on my card today. I hope it ships later in the day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast