Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mobile App Product Manager
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I automatically sync screenshots on Android 4.2.1?

I just switched from iOS (iPhone 4) to Android (Nexus 4) for the first time.

To set up syncing photos from my phone to Picasaweb, I installed Google Plus and enabled Instant Upload. It syncs the camera roll, but not the screenshots. How can I get Android to automatically upload my screenshots to Picasaweb immediately after I capture one? Thanks!

Jesse
    Last edited by Mobile App Product Manager; 12-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I automatically sync screenshots on Android 4.2.1?

you can sign up for Google plus and download the app. It will automatically sync you pictures. I think you can set up share with Picasa. I personally don't use Picasa anymore. Just use Google plus.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

You can also use dropbox, it will upload photos and screenshots to your dropbox as soon as they are taken!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Google Plus doesn't seem to sync my screenshots. And it seems to take longer to sync than Dropbox.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Dropbox works extremely well. I took a screenshot on the phone and within seconds it was available in the Dropbox folder on my computer! No additional steps required, once it was set up. Thanks very much. Highly recommended. BTW if you want to expand your DB account to 18GB lifetime for $5, here's how (I'm not selling anything here--just recommending something for DB users): https://www.google.com/search?q=site...m+dropbox+18gb
    Thanked by:
    Exergy 

I actually transfer screenshots to my computer via USB and then upload them via Picasa for Windows, but that's old fashioned. The easier way is to open up screenshots in the gallery app on the phone, long press the thumbnail of each screenshot you want to upload, press the share button in the top right corner, and then select Picasa. From there, you can choose the album.

I wish this was automatic too.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually transfer screenshots to my computer via USB and then upload them via Picasa for Windows, but that's old fashioned. The easier way is to open up screenshots in the gallery app on the phone, long press the thumbnail of each screenshot you want to upload, press the share button in the top right corner, and then select Picasa. From there, you can choose the album.

I wish this was automatic too.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Buy the 18GB Dropbox account for $5, install the DB app, and have it sync everything to your DB folder. It will save you about 99% of the time required by your USB method. All you do is take a picture or screenshot and open the DB folder on your computer. There it is!

I think I might go for that gig on fiverr, did it work for you?

Google + only look at the image folder to upload pictures. screenshot is stored in a different folder. if you move the screenshot to image folder using file manager it will sync.

its not an elegant solution but it should work.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Yes. I've purchased many of them for friends too.
    promanex likes this.