Sold my nexus 4 8 GB

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I sold my Nexus 4 8 GB at cost to a happy soul on Craigslist . I can't believe the markup some folks are charging for a 8GB, $400 to $450, really? So sure enough, my phone was ringing off the hook with folks wanting to buy. I will really miss this slab of glass. Got a new phone at work, will not say what it is on this forum, lets just say it starts with W and ends with 8. :D
I bought a Nexus 7 to fill the void and as a gift for my son.

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I know you're going to have a lot of people here hating on your new phone, but I am curious to know what you think from the perspective of a former android user. I really want to like wp8 because I would love to own a nokia product, but I'm afraid I would be unhappy with the current state of the OS.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You like the windows 8 phone better than the nexus 4 or something? And yeah, it's ridiculous. $100 for bumpers too before it came in stock.

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I know you're going to have a lot of people here hating on your new phone, but I am curious to know what you think from the perspective of a former android user. I really want to like wp8 because I would love to own a nokia product, but I'm afraid I would be unhappy with the current state of the OS.

I got the HTC Windows 8x phone at work and that's the only one they can order with a Verizon LTE service with unlimited everything. I was hoping I could use my N4 and they would pay for the service, since we also have AT&T as our service provider, but wasn't going to happen, so I sold it. The HTC phone itself is really sleek and the right form factor. Being an all and out android user (I have a Xoom and N7 and used to have a N4), I don't think I like windows 8, it's kludgy and I don't care much for the tiles. Even simple things like playing music from the cloud (SkyDrive or whatever it's called) is a pain. Standard apps don't seem to be tightly integrated.

Last edited:

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I like the OS, not the best but it's neat. I don't like the market place though, there's nothing in it.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I like the OS, not the best but it's neat. I don't like the market place though, there's nothing in it.

Which is why my Nokia 920 was sold within 2 weeks of getting it and I kept the Nexus 4. I used a WP7 phone for awhile to see what it had to offer and then left because some of the apps I used daily didn't look like they were coming anytime soon. I figured when WP8 came out it had been a year since I had checked it out and the situation would hopefully be different. Sadly, it wasn't. The 920 was a solid device and I liked a lot of what it had to offer, but I have a few core apps that at this point I'm not willing to go without honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze