The Games APK and Data

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Soo.... I don't understand this. How is Need for Speed Most Wanted 12 MB? The file size of it is supposed to be a lot larger. I searched around and I see that there are two different types of files, apks and data. What are the different between those and what does it mean to have an offline apk?

mrplayer66

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think you first download the game apk first and once you launch it, it serves as a link to a bigger download. For example sonic 4 episode one was a small game file and the first time I used it it asked me to download 90MBs of game data.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ya Asphalt 7 is a tiny download, then when you open it, it's something like a 1.61gb download

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oohhh.... so the apk is kind of a link to the download? How fast would it take to download, let's say, 500 MB on a 20MB download speed network?

mrplayer66

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Oohhh.... so the apk is kind of a link to the download? How fast would it take to download, let's say, 500 MB on a 20MB download speed network?

With that speed it should only take a couple of minutes to download such a file, it also comes down to how fast the game's network is and how fast it can let you download the file.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

For some apps that are very large yes, but not all are that way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2