Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 and Transferring my Number to T-Mobile - 3 days?

So, I received my Nexus 4 on Thursday 12/13 (I was in the group of the 27th orders); the phone is Awesome! I haven't experience any issues with WiFi; crackling noises etc. However, that same day I signed up for the $30 T-Mobile plan and ported my number over. The site said it would take up to 24 hours to port over. As of today I still do not have my number and I called the TMob number that was provided for that and they indicated it won't be available until tomorrow...3 days after it being ported. I'm transferring from Virgin Mobile and they said because it is on Sprint it takes that long?

Just curious if anyone else had this same problem?

thanks

Default Re: Nexus 4 and Transferring my Number to T-Mobile - 3 days?

I was in the same boat as you ended up taking 6 days! I finally got it done by calling virgin mobile and asking them to manually release my number to T-Mobile. Originally they didn't even have a request from T-Mobile..but after you get it released call T-Mobile back and ask them to check your request again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info; if it doesn't get ported tomorrow I will give Virgin Mobile a call.

I transferred my number from Sprint to T-Mobile; took about 3 hours.

A week later, after satisfied with my N4 and T-Mobile service, I ported my wife's Sprint number over to a second N4 on T-Mobile. Again, it took about 3 hours.

I ported my Verizon number to T-Mobile at a store, and the confirmation text came through while I was walking across the parking lot to my car!

yes, mine took a little over 2.5 days. porting from virgin mobile. finally got the text at 3 am last night.

Ported a T-mobile number to Google Voice number took about a day. I already had my Nexus 4 up and running on AT&T and did not want to lose my T-mobile number. GV works great along with my AT&T mobile service.

I tried porting a number from Virgin Mobile to T-Mobile in October 2012. Seriously. I called regularly over the course of a few weeks and T-Mobile kept assuring me it would be done soon. Then, for a while, I was getting a few calls on my T-Mobile phone, but most on my Virgin Mobile phone. Both could dial out. When the next month came around, I decided to pay the Virgin Mobile bill, but not the T-Mobile one. I've called numerous times since, most recently today (January 5th 2013), and T-Mobile keeps telling me the port was successful. Seriously, it's incredibly annoying to start each of these 1 hr. calls with the representative taking 20 minutes to tell you that your T-Mobile line is working when it clearly isn't. Jedi Mind Tricks.

Someone please, please, please help. I want to make this transfer. I'm already $50 deep and hours and hours pot-committed.

P.S. It's an HTC One V porting to a Samsung Exhibit II 4G.