Has anyone seen a Nexus 4 in the wild?

Minlock

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
No N4 yet, not even my own. :(

Did see a guy in a coffeeshop the other day kinda lopsided like he had a broken leg. Just turned out that he had a Note II...

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I always try to hold the phone in a way so that the "nexus" is visible to people but then I get scared that I might accidentally drop it lol

Good one. I will say I'm finding the OEM bumper helps me have a better grip on the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Rich people not necessarily buy everything that is expensive, they buy stuff that are "in" and cool. So give it another yet and if Android will keep expending with those numbers you will start seeing more and more rich people with Android :)

Oh. well iphone is "in" and cool? Well i mean there are more iphones than any other type of phone out there that are good. Well that makes sense, they are so rich they can buy all the latest things I guess.

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
No, even before I got it and had my Gnex I never saw one of those in the wild either. In AR btw, mostly itards around here.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth a lot of I Phone users I know were Android users. For some reason the OG Verizon DROID pushed many to the land of the fruit :)

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth a lot of I Phone users I know were Android users. For some reason the OG Verizon DROID pushed many to the land of the fruit :)

Earlier iterations of Android were terrible. ICS finally made Android a decent platform.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Earlier iterations of Android were terrible. ICS finally made Android a decent platform.

Can't argue with you there. Just helped my mom switch to Ting and picked her phone heavily based on its ability to run CyanogenMod 10.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can't argue with you there. Just helped my mom switch to Ting and picked her phone heavily based on its ability to run CyanogenMod 10.

The only reason I didn't use android before now is becuase a long time ago (more like 2 years) saw a friend using it and it was so SLOW AND HORRIBLE. This created an image in my mind that a lot of the android is going to be like that. Just saw the Nexus 4 and I fell instantly in love with it. It looked great and it was, as android would call it, buttery smooth.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Saw one at a local at&t store. Guy was getting it set up for his at&t account.

snarfington

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Now you mention it, the only time I've ever seen a Nexus phone in the wild at all is at a Starbucks down the road from Google's Android building in Mountain View.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen any in the wild other than my own. In fact was shocked when I was at a party this chick spotted mine and was going on about how she wanted one so bad.

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I have seen A LOT of people around me with Android phones. A nice amount of people i work with and some friends have switched to Android in the last few months. I have another friend from work that ordered the N4 with me so we are both waiting for it.

According to Wikipedia in "Mobile Operating System" in Q3 of 2012 the total number of smartphones sold is 169,179 of those:

RIM - 8,947 (5.28%)
Symbian - 4,405 (2.6%)
iOS - 23,550 (13.92%)
Android - 122,480 (72.395)
Bada - 5,055 (2.98%)
Windows Phone - 4,058 (1.8%)
Other - 684 (0.4%)

Those are big numbers.

There is no way those numbers are even close to accurate...

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any in the wild other than my own. In fact was shocked when I was at a party this chick spotted mine and was going on about how she wanted one so bad.

That's probably not all she wanted so bad. ;)

There is no way those numbers are even close to accurate...
That is probably activations per day, but even after doing the math, the iPhone numbers seem a little low.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Recently, I have seen LOADS of Galaxy S3s, TONS of iPhone 4's (as usual, but it seems like a lot more. Like, sitting on a bus or in class and seeing 90% of the class whip out a iPhone 4 to text or whatever. Its actually a little uncomfortable), few iPhone 5s still, and just other random phones. iPhone 4 and GS3 lead the way, followed by I5 from what im seeing.

As for the Nexus 4, I have not seen one but have gotten "oohhh"s and "ahhhh"s from folks who have seen me holding one. Think I said this on anther thread, but even an iPhone 5 owner marveled at the beauty of the screen and body. The thing is, this phone catches a lot of peoples eyes when they see it. Its a beautiful phone that just looks like a sexy black slab of sexiness. Sadly, when ppl then ask me what kind of phone it is, they're left confused because majority of the time they've never even heard of it.

I never see any Nexus though. Before I got this N4, I had only ever held a Galaxy Nexus once but seen it in videos a lot and loved that design. In fact, when it was so tough for me to get the N4 I was considering just selling my GS2 for the Galaxy Nexus and just settling with that because I love the screen and knew itd get 4.2 anyway. Glad I was patient though.

LordGenki

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I went to a party on Saturday. Saw 2 people with Nexus 4s. Its the first time I've seen one besides the ones purchased by me and my buddy.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Update! Just saw my friend with a galaxy SIII (He just bought it because there was some sale or something)
Well there's another android phone... the thing is everyone was impressed on what it did lol, even though it was a normal android software.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Have yet to see another Nexus 4. :(

I was in a TMO store a few days ago and the rep couldn't tear his eyes away from my N4, LOL! He just kept staring at the back like he was mesmerized by the dot pattern, LOL!

He started asking me all sorts of questions about it... He had never seen one. :D

P.S. I'm noticing a LOT of Galaxy S3 spam. If they aren't carrying an iPhone, the sheep are carrying an S3 because it's so cheap due to holiday deals. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12