Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Has anyone seen a Nexus 4 in the wild?

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    For what it's worth a lot of I Phone users I know were Android users. For some reason the OG Verizon DROID pushed many to the land of the fruit :-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Earlier iterations of Android were terrible. ICS finally made Android a decent platform.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    big_time2 likes this.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Earlier iterations of Android were terrible. ICS finally made Android a decent platform.
    Can't argue with you there. Just helped my mom switch to Ting and picked her phone heavily based on its ability to run CyanogenMod 10.

GB was/is still decent... Even if it is outdated... it just keeps reminding me I need a new phone.

Outdated yet Young Motorola Photon 4G

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    Can't argue with you there. Just helped my mom switch to Ting and picked her phone heavily based on its ability to run CyanogenMod 10.

The only reason I didn't use android before now is becuase a long time ago (more like 2 years) saw a friend using it and it was so SLOW AND HORRIBLE. This created an image in my mind that a lot of the android is going to be like that. Just saw the Nexus 4 and I fell instantly in love with it. It looked great and it was, as android would call it, buttery smooth.

Saw one at a local at&t store. Guy was getting it set up for his at&t account.

Nope. Now you mention it, the only time I've ever seen a Nexus phone in the wild at all is at a Starbucks down the road from Google's Android building in Mountain View.

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    I haven't seen anything but yesterday when I went to t-mobile to get my sim card changed the girl who did it kept repeating how beautiful the phone was and what a great screen it had.
    Dude, she wanted you to ask her out!
    Thanked by:
    badbrad17 and XChrisX like this.

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy 4.2

Default Has anyone seen a Nexus 4 in the wild?

I haven't seen any in the wild other than my own. In fact was shocked when I was at a party this chick spotted mine and was going on about how she wanted one so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Tech View Post
    I have seen A LOT of people around me with Android phones. A nice amount of people i work with and some friends have switched to Android in the last few months. I have another friend from work that ordered the N4 with me so we are both waiting for it.

According to Wikipedia in "Mobile Operating System" in Q3 of 2012 the total number of smartphones sold is 169,179 of those:

RIM - 8,947 (5.28%)
    Symbian - 4,405 (2.6%)
    iOS - 23,550 (13.92%)
    Android - 122,480 (72.395)
    Bada - 5,055 (2.98%)
    Windows Phone - 4,058 (1.8%)
    Other - 684 (0.4%)

Those are big numbers.
    There is no way those numbers are even close to accurate...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by bboykin87 View Post
    I haven't seen any in the wild other than my own. In fact was shocked when I was at a party this chick spotted mine and was going on about how she wanted one so bad.
    That's probably not all she wanted so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rclifton View Post
    There is no way those numbers are even close to accurate...
    That is probably activations per day, but even after doing the math, the iPhone numbers seem a little low.

Yeah they are. Read all the reports you can find. They are pretty close. Android is on the up and up.

Recently, I have seen LOADS of Galaxy S3s, TONS of iPhone 4's (as usual, but it seems like a lot more. Like, sitting on a bus or in class and seeing 90% of the class whip out a iPhone 4 to text or whatever. Its actually a little uncomfortable), few iPhone 5s still, and just other random phones. iPhone 4 and GS3 lead the way, followed by I5 from what im seeing.

As for the Nexus 4, I have not seen one but have gotten "oohhh"s and "ahhhh"s from folks who have seen me holding one. Think I said this on anther thread, but even an iPhone 5 owner marveled at the beauty of the screen and body. The thing is, this phone catches a lot of peoples eyes when they see it. Its a beautiful phone that just looks like a sexy black slab of sexiness. Sadly, when ppl then ask me what kind of phone it is, they're left confused because majority of the time they've never even heard of it.

I never see any Nexus though. Before I got this N4, I had only ever held a Galaxy Nexus once but seen it in videos a lot and loved that design. In fact, when it was so tough for me to get the N4 I was considering just selling my GS2 for the Galaxy Nexus and just settling with that because I love the screen and knew itd get 4.2 anyway. Glad I was patient though.

I went to a party on Saturday. Saw 2 people with Nexus 4s. Its the first time I've seen one besides the ones purchased by me and my buddy.

Update! Just saw my friend with a Galaxy S3 (He just bought it because there was some sale or something)
    Well there's another android phone... the thing is everyone was impressed on what it did lol, even though it was a normal android software.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Have yet to see another Nexus 4.

I was in a TMO store a few days ago and the rep couldn't tear his eyes away from my N4, LOL! He just kept staring at the back like he was mesmerized by the dot pattern, LOL!

He started asking me all sorts of questions about it... He had never seen one.

P.S. I'm noticing a LOT of Galaxy S3 spam. If they aren't carrying an iPhone, the sheep are carrying an S3 because it's so cheap due to holiday deals. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 4

I saw one at my daughter's daycare recital last week. I asked the dad about it. He had ordered it the first day and waited 3 weeks.
    XChrisX likes this.

Sorry if this thread has been done before. But has anyone seen a Nexus 4 in the wild besides the one they own? I haven't but I'm always looking.
    Nope.

Sent from my shiny new Nexus 4

Before I bought mine 2 people at work had them..

Bought mine off of one of them.. The other was sold to someone else in the store.

I work in Geek Squad.. The other went to a Best Buy Mobile employee.
    Lol...

He thinks its the best and we compare a lot.. He gets Fantastic battery I get horrible.. Lol. Quite funny.

PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

Nope. No one I know has any idea what it is, and their eyes glaze over with disinterest. One friend of mine knows what it is but isn't particularly interested in the latest cell phone news. I know it sounds dumb, I feel like a bit of phone-hipster with this thing; "Yeah... This phone isn't very mainstream, I doubt you've ever even heard of it..."
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Quote Originally Posted by GamerRadar View Post
    Before I bought mine 2 people at work had them..

Bought mine off of one of them.. The other was sold to someone else in the store.

I work in Geek Squad.. The other went to a Best Buy Mobile employee.
    Lol...

He thinks its the best and we compare a lot.. He gets Fantastic battery I get horrible.. Lol. Quite funny.

It's a good device, but not a great device IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pugnuttt View Post
    I haven't seen anything but yesterday when I went to t-mobile to get my sim card changed the girl who did it kept repeating how beautiful the phone was and what a great screen it had.
    Yeah when I went to get my sim card for T Mobile employees did the same thing with my phone. They wanted to touch it and play with it. How much wanted to say back off haha

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    Honestly I don't ever expect to see one in the wild. My coworkers have seen my phone and when asked what it is, I tell them and they never heard of it. All everyone knows is GS3 or iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Word!

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

We need to remember many consumers still refer to all Android phones as DROIDS

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Dude, she wanted you to ask her out!
    I am a woman!!! And married!!!
    Thanked by 2:
    big_time2, badbrad17 and palitsyn like this.

I haven't. But its kinda difficult to distinguish this from the galaxy nexus if you don't see the back

Thanked by:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast