Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: Has anyone seen a Nexus 4 in the wild?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilSterBoy View Post
    I haven't. But its kinda difficult to distinguish this from the galaxy nexus if you don't see the back

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Yeah, only real difference is the earpiece location. I keep getting them confused on the front

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Yeah, only real difference is the earpiece location. I keep getting them confused on the front
    Easier way to tell them apart especially if they don't have cases is the bright silver trim on the Nexus 4

The only nexus 4 I've seen in the wild is the one I have and the one I sent back lol I like that fact that a lot of people don't have the phone reminds me of when I had my nexus one and no one knew what phone I had

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Droidintorrance likes this.

Haven't, but a friend ordered one and is waiting on it to ship. Another friend got an N10 and adores it.

I will admit that it's been a long road to 4.2 and the N4. Three years ago, the entire Android ecosystem was different and the hardware to push what we wanted out of phones wasn't correlating to those capabilities. Now we're past that point. This year was a huge turning point. Once we start seeing A15 based CPU's in phones, the hardware capabilities will be beyond what we now expect.

Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon6 View Post
    The only nexus 4 I've seen in the wild is the one I have and the one I sent back lol I like that fact that a lot of people don't have the phone reminds me of when I had my nexus one and no one knew what phone I had

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Only because it's hard to order one and even harder to receive one. lol.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Small_law View Post
    Haven't, but a friend ordered one and is waiting on it to ship. Another friend got an N10 and adores it.

I will admit that it's been a long road to 4.2 and the N4. Three years ago, the entire Android ecosystem was different and the hardware to push what we wanted out of phones wasn't correlating to those capabilities. Now we're past that point. This year was a huge turning point. Once we start seeing A15 based CPU's in phones, the hardware capabilities will be beyond what we now expect.
    Of course that begs the question do we need A15 chips in phones? Maybe it's because I'm not a hard core gamer. Personally better power management and software optimization for the processors being used now are ahead of pushing the hardware envelope.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

A fellow at my work (site with a couple hundred employees) had one that he ordered in the first 10 minutes they'd gone on sale and received within a few days IIRC. (Jerk.) He was showing it to another fellow in the kitchen area and I recognized it for what it was. That night I went home and got the email that they'd start shipping that week and had it a couple of days later. Haven't seen another one and most people don't seem to realize what's special about it when I show it to them.

OTOH, I'm seeing TONS of GS3s. I can name five friends/co-workers who have them off the top of my head. Meanwhile, there are still people excited about getting an iPhone for some reason. I occasionally see someone celebrating getting one on Facebook and I have to resist the urge to point out that it's not 2009 anymore and when everyone has something, you're not special when you get one too. At this diner I had breakfast at today for the second time, every. single. freaking. other. customer. has had an iPhone. I'm sitting there with my N4 and these poor saps are squinting at their dinky iPhone 4s and I wonder why they bother living.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi
    Thanked by:
    Droidintorrance likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    A fellow at my work (site with a couple hundred employees) had one that he ordered in the first 10 minutes they'd gone on sale and received within a few days IIRC. (Jerk.) He was showing it to another fellow in the kitchen area and I recognized it for what it was. That night I went home and got the email that they'd start shipping that week and had it a couple of days later. Haven't seen another one and most people don't seem to realize what's special about it when I show it to them.

OTOH, I'm seeing TONS of GS3s. I can name five friends/co-workers who have them off the top of my head. Meanwhile, there are still people excited about getting an iPhone for some reason. I occasionally see someone celebrating getting one on Facebook and I have to resist the urge to point out that it's not 2009 anymore and when everyone has something, you're not special when you get one too. At this diner I had breakfast at today for the second time, every. single. freaking. other. customer. has had an iPhone. I'm sitting there with my N4 and these poor saps are squinting at their dinky iPhone 4s and I wonder why they bother living.
    And people wonder why they can't see anything on their iPhone. Their screens are way too small.

Sent from my brand new Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    And people wonder why they can't see anything on their iPhone. Their screens are way too small.

Sent from my brand new Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Like they can pull anything up when limited to an EVDO Rev A or HSPA 14.4 connection :-)

Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    When it comes to Android phones, I usually see GS3s or Notes.

But for the most part, all I see is iPhones.

I was showing my N4 to a friend at work who's an iPhone owner. He was like, "the screens so BIG". I told him most Android phones have a screen around the same size as the N4. It's just that his iPhone's screen is so small. (He's not an iPhone fanboy; he just has one because company bought it for him; so it's all he 'knows' when it comes to smartphones.)

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

I did, tonight, finally. I took my mother out for dinner, and at the restaurant, the man sitting on the table next to ours pulled his out and set it on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    I did, tonight, finally. I took my mother out for dinner, and at the restaurant, the man sitting on the table next to ours pulled his out and set it on the table.

Woah...pulled it out and set it on the table? If I did that I'd be arrested.

Anyway...I've seen no one yet with the N4 and people have no idea what kind of phone I'm holding.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123