Has anyone seen a Nexus 4 in the wild?

Dimitri246

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I saw one at my daughter's daycare recital last week. I asked the dad about it. He had ordered it the first day and waited 3 weeks.
154764_10152056875290260_1113866295_n.jpg

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Before I bought mine 2 people at work had them..

Bought mine off of one of them.. The other was sold to someone else in the store.

I work in Geek Squad.. The other went to a Best Buy Mobile employee.
Lol...

He thinks its the best and we compare a lot.. He gets Fantastic battery I get horrible.. Lol. Quite funny.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Nope. No one I know has any idea what it is, and their eyes glaze over with disinterest. One friend of mine knows what it is but isn't particularly interested in the latest cell phone news. I know it sounds dumb, I feel like a bit of phone-hipster with this thing; "Yeah... This phone isn't very mainstream, I doubt you've ever even heard of it..."

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Before I bought mine 2 people at work had them..

Bought mine off of one of them.. The other was sold to someone else in the store.

I work in Geek Squad.. The other went to a Best Buy Mobile employee.
Lol...

He thinks its the best and we compare a lot.. He gets Fantastic battery I get horrible.. Lol. Quite funny.

It's a good device, but not a great device IMO.

MbTurner1977

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anything but yesterday when I went to t-mobile to get my sim card changed the girl who did it kept repeating how beautiful the phone was and what a great screen it had.

Yeah when I went to get my sim card for T Mobile employees did the same thing with my phone. They wanted to touch it and play with it. How much wanted to say back off haha

MbTurner1977

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I don't ever expect to see one in the wild. My coworkers have seen my phone and when asked what it is, I tell them and they never heard of it. All everyone knows is GS3 or iPhone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Word!

PhilSterBoy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't. But its kinda difficult to distinguish this from the galaxy nexus if you don't see the back

loosecannon6

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The only nexus 4 I've seen in the wild is the one I have and the one I sent back lol I like that fact that a lot of people don't have the phone reminds me of when I had my nexus one and no one knew what phone I had

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Haven't, but a friend ordered one and is waiting on it to ship. Another friend got an N10 and adores it.

I will admit that it's been a long road to 4.2 and the N4. Three years ago, the entire Android ecosystem was different and the hardware to push what we wanted out of phones wasn't correlating to those capabilities. Now we're past that point. This year was a huge turning point. Once we start seeing A15 based CPU's in phones, the hardware capabilities will be beyond what we now expect.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only nexus 4 I've seen in the wild is the one I have and the one I sent back lol I like that fact that a lot of people don't have the phone reminds me of when I had my nexus one and no one knew what phone I had

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Only because it's hard to order one and even harder to receive one. lol.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Haven't, but a friend ordered one and is waiting on it to ship. Another friend got an N10 and adores it.

I will admit that it's been a long road to 4.2 and the N4. Three years ago, the entire Android ecosystem was different and the hardware to push what we wanted out of phones wasn't correlating to those capabilities. Now we're past that point. This year was a huge turning point. Once we start seeing A15 based CPU's in phones, the hardware capabilities will be beyond what we now expect.

Of course that begs the question do we need A15 chips in phones? Maybe it's because I'm not a hard core gamer. Personally better power management and software optimization for the processors being used now are ahead of pushing the hardware envelope.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
A fellow at my work (site with a couple hundred employees) had one that he ordered in the first 10 minutes they'd gone on sale and received within a few days IIRC. (Jerk.) He was showing it to another fellow in the kitchen area and I recognized it for what it was. That night I went home and got the email that they'd start shipping that week and had it a couple of days later. Haven't seen another one and most people don't seem to realize what's special about it when I show it to them.

OTOH, I'm seeing TONS of GS3s. I can name five friends/co-workers who have them off the top of my head. Meanwhile, there are still people excited about getting an iPhone for some reason. I occasionally see someone celebrating getting one on Facebook and I have to resist the urge to point out that it's not 2009 anymore and when everyone has something, you're not special when you get one too. At this diner I had breakfast at today for the second time, every. single. freaking. other. customer. has had an iPhone. I'm sitting there with my N4 and these poor saps are squinting at their dinky iPhone 4s and I wonder why they bother living.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
A fellow at my work (site with a couple hundred employees) had one that he ordered in the first 10 minutes they'd gone on sale and received within a few days IIRC. (Jerk.) He was showing it to another fellow in the kitchen area and I recognized it for what it was. That night I went home and got the email that they'd start shipping that week and had it a couple of days later. Haven't seen another one and most people don't seem to realize what's special about it when I show it to them.

OTOH, I'm seeing TONS of GS3s. I can name five friends/co-workers who have them off the top of my head. Meanwhile, there are still people excited about getting an iPhone for some reason. I occasionally see someone celebrating getting one on Facebook and I have to resist the urge to point out that it's not 2009 anymore and when everyone has something, you're not special when you get one too. At this diner I had breakfast at today for the second time, every. single. freaking. other. customer. has had an iPhone. I'm sitting there with my N4 and these poor saps are squinting at their dinky iPhone 4s and I wonder why they bother living.

And people wonder why they can't see anything on their iPhone. Their screens are way too small.

Sent from my brand new Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
When it comes to Android phones, I usually see GS3s or Notes.

But for the most part, all I see is iPhones.

I was showing my N4 to a friend at work who's an iPhone owner. He was like, "the screens so BIG". I told him most Android phones have a screen around the same size as the N4. It's just that his iPhone's screen is so small. (He's not an iPhone fanboy; he just has one because company bought it for him; so it's all he 'knows' when it comes to smartphones.)