• 2 Post By V-Tech
  • 1 Post By still1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Default My Nexus 4 Experience

I just picked up a 16gb N4 with the bumper case from Craigslist today for $350. It does ft have a few faint surface scratches on the back glass and one knick on the silver band by the volume keys but all in all didn't think I got a bad deal. I to everyone who also noticed that the Play Store is sold out just keep checking Craigslist and other online sources you never know when you might luck out like I did.

To my point I went to a T-mobile store to have the SIM card cut. They will do it for free and their disclaimer about it maybe not working once cut is just BS (another store told me this and wanted $20 to swap SIM cards).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Default Re: My Nexus 4 Experience

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    I just picked up a 16gb N4 with the bumper case from Craigslist today for $350. It does ft have a few faint surface scratches on the back glass and one knick on the silver band by the volume keys but all in all didn't think I got a bad deal. I to everyone who also noticed that the Play Store is sold out just keep checking Craigslist and other online sources you never know when you might luck out like I did.

To my point I went to a T-mobile store to have the SIM card cut. They will do it for free and their disclaimer about it maybe not working once cut is just BS (another store told me this and wanted $20 to swap SIM cards).

First of all congrats on getting the nexus 4.

I don't want to ruin this post but this is not an experience really but a story how you got one. Maybe you should change the topic or something.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by V-Tech View Post
    First of all congrats on getting the nexus 4.

I don't want to ruin this post but this is not an experience really but a story how you got one. Maybe you should change the topic or something.
    Unfortunately it posted before I was able to do some editing to it was going to change ti to emphasize SIM card swap since it's something that many Nexus 4 owners are going to have to deal with.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Unfortunately it posted before I was able to do some editing to it was going to change ti to emphasize SIM card swap since it's something that many Nexus 4 owners are going to have to deal with.
    Thanks for the info in any case. I need to get a new SIM for it as well.

doesnt matter and Congrats.
    big_time2 likes this.

How 350?? It's 390 with shipping and tax on the play store too... It has some damage but it isn't that major to decrease the price by 200. Nice buy!
    tgp

Global Posts
    1,767 Global Posts

When I went to the T-Mobile store to get a Micro SIM, she simply grabbed a new one from under the counter, activated it under my account which simultaneously deactivated my SIM, and gave it to me. It took about a minute & there was no charge.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Great price on a good phone. Even with the scratched noted I can easily see a device like this selling for retail or more on Ebay.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    How 350?? It's 390 with shipping and tax on the play store too... It has some damage but it isn't that major to decrease the price by 200. Nice buy!
    Seller got it from Craigslist by trading another phone for it but has decided to go with the Microsoft ecosystem. It was $400 but he offered me $350 if I bought it this weekend. Guess I have dumb luck but was really surprised the phone didn't go quicker (was listed 4:30 pm Friday I emailed him 11:30 Friday he responded this morning and I picked it up mid afternoon)

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Great price on a good phone. Even with the scratched noted I can easily see a device like this selling for retail or more on Ebay.
    Which is why I had resigned myself to stick with my Galaxy Nexus for the next few months. I have a real problem paying unnecessary markup on things.

16gb N4 in my area are going for $430 to 550 (most of them without the bumper)

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by tlgraber View Post
    When I went to the T-Mobile store to get a Micro SIM, she simply grabbed a new one from under the counter, activated it under my account which simultaneously deactivated my SIM, and gave it to me. It took about a minute & there was no charge.
    That would have been a great plan B but I realized that by getting the card cut that I also got a mini SIM adapter (the other part of the old card) out of the deal

Seller got it from Craigslist by trading another phone for it but has decided to go with the Microsoft ecosystem. It was $400 but he offered me $350 if I bought it this weekend. Guess I have dumb luck but was really surprised the phone didn't go quicker (was listed 4:30 pm Friday I emailed him 11:30 Friday he responded this morning and I picked it up mid afternoon)

Well I mean (this is just me) but I don't want to buy a deal that sounds too good on craigslist, too much of a chance that he is scamming me. Hell, I can just have the outer shell of the nexus 4 and it would look exactly like a nexus 4 and it'll be pretty hard to notice the difference. I saw one for $425 when the 16GBs were selling for 600, too good of an offer so I didn't want to buy it.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Well I mean (this is just me) but I don't want to buy a deal that sounds too good on craigslist, too much of a chance that he is scamming me. Hell, I can just have the outer shell of the nexus 4 and it would look exactly like a nexus 4 and it'll be pretty hard to notice the difference. I saw one for $425 when the 16GBs were selling for 600, too good of an offer so I didn't want to buy it.
    I hear ya. Of course I checked it out before giving cash and even was on the phone with Google Play when the guy showed up so I could have the IMEI transferred to my Google Account for warranty purposes.

Is the bumper that he sold you the one that Google sells or was it something he got on eBay/Amazon?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    Is the bumper that he sold you the one that Google sells or was it something he got on eBay/Amazon?
    OEM one (unless it's a really good copy)

I think the OEM bumper is the only one until poetic ships theirs, or he 3d printed his own.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    I think the OEM bumper is the only one until poetic ships theirs, or he 3d printed his own.

Its not 3d printed since it has the silver band built in.

I knew it wouldn't be. If they guy was designing bumpers for it he wouldn't sell just one on craigslist. I was more being sarcastic or thinking of the only other thing it could possibly be. People trying to show they are smarter than you and looking to find reasons you didn't get a good deal by pointing to the bumper is stupid because right now it HAS to be the OEM one. They are just jelly you got it on craigslist for less than $450-500.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    I knew it wouldn't be. If they guy was designing bumpers for it he wouldn't sell just one on craigslist. I was more being sarcastic or thinking of the only other thing it could possibly be. People trying to show they are smarter than you and looking to find reasons you didn't get a good deal by pointing to the bumper is stupid because right now it HAS to be the OEM one. They are just jelly you got it on craigslist for less than $450-500.

True. Now it's time for me to see what the street value is of a gently used GNex with original box and never used accessories.

True. Now it's time for me to see what the street value is of a gently used GNex with original box and never used accessories.

I say it's around $300-$250, I know someone that sold it for about $270 so he could get a Nexus 4. It might've gone down but probably not since Nexus 4 is still being sold for 500.