Program Like Backgrounder for Android?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i'm new to android. on IOS there is a cydia app called "backgrounder". i loved it because it let me redefine multitasking rules for certain programs. for example, for most programs, i made it so that the OS kills the program anytime i exit using the home button. now is there such a program for android that would let em do this? i don't want to have to manually kill app everytime, i want to make the OS do it by itself for the programs i specify.

google searches say no, but i'm still optimistic so if anyone knows, please reply.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Android is different. You want the programs to run in the background until you need them.
lol what? yes most programs remain in active in background, but some are actually still runnign and using resources and battery life!, i want to save battery life!

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I should have put "run". Maybe someone else can explain. But to answer your question I think launchers like apex or go launcher allow you to hold the back button to kill an app.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I understand what you are talking (used backgrounder too, so much better) but I'm not sure of any other programs that can do this for android. There are some battery applications I'm pretty sure that can help you though.

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
lol what? yes most programs remain in active in background, but some are actually still runnign and using resources and battery life!, i want to save battery life!

The don't *run* as in use cpu time (unless they have something to do, like sync or whatever) they stay loaded in memory. This makes them load faster the next time you want them. If that memory is needed then the OS will kill off the app and recycle it's memory. Only apps that actually do WORK in the background will consume battery power, though.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The don't *run* as in use cpu time (unless they have something to do, like sync or whatever) they stay loaded in memory. This makes them load faster the next time you want them. If that memory is needed then the OS will kill off the app and recycle it's memory. Only apps that actually do WORK in the background will consume battery power, though.
whoops, my bad, i meant to type "most programs remain *INactive* in the background. was late at night and i was sleepy, didn't bother to check typo. but yea that's what i'm saying, some apps are using services in the background and wasting juice.

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
whoops, my bad, i meant to type "most programs remain *INactive* in the background. was late at night and i was sleepy, didn't bother to check typo. but yea that's what i'm saying, some apps are using services in the background and wasting juice.

If they are doing something in the background there is generally a reason for it. If you do kill an app it generally comes back on it's own anyway. You really are best just leaving it up to the OS to deal with. If you have an app that is really killing your juice, just disable any background sync features or similar that it has.

zivan56

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It's a bad idea to mess with the Android application life cycle. The OS will take care of "pausing" application or keeping any associated background services running if required. If the phone is running out of resources, it will kill off applications based on last usage/task priority.
If you use task killers and similar, it will result in application crashes due to putting applications in a state they should never be in.

Warrenisit

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for the same thing. Backgrounder is used to change things you normally can't change. Although not necessarily a hacker's tool, it can be used as such. Now, does anyone know of such an app like "Backgrounder" for Android?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for the same thing. Backgrounder is used to change things you normally can't change. Although not necessarily a hacker's tool, it can be used as such. Now, does anyone know of such an app like "Backgrounder" for Android?

greenify. it wont kill as soon as you close the app but will kill/hibernate when the screen is turned off(the screen turnoff is actually clever implementation if you ask me.).
it need root.

root_break

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Was wondering the samething g..but for different reasons. I want to keep apps running g in the background so they don't quit or have to restart when going back to the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781