Google play has done the mother of bad

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Here you go buddy. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=226814

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Have you read that thread? It supports bobjohnson's argument, not yours. The guy asked pretty basic questions and wasn't complaining about AT&T issues.

I'm dreading the headache your eventual reply will give me. Either your iPad's autocorrect is malfunctioning, or we need to collectively purchase you Rosetta Stone to educate you in the English language.

Last edited:

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The N4 is by far the best/fastest device I've owned. Add to that the freedom of an unlocked phone and instant updates, and I'd advise you to re-order...it's worth it.

Agreed, 100%! As far as smartphones go I've had a BlackBerry 9700 and Sensation 4G before my 16GB N4. This phone is super fluid and has offered the absolute least amount of tradeoffs of any phone I've used. Honestly, if the Sensation 4G had 2GB RAM I'd probably still be using it, but to slap in so much eye candy, bells and whistles into 768MB RAM is such a disservice to the end user.

I understand the OP's dismay, though, I was near livid when I couldn't order one the day it became available! I'd done a lot of homework on it and decided it was well worth the investment. After mention of it here I looked into swappa and got one NIB from someone else. Of course I paid more but I still don't regret it. This is the phone/cow tag experience! :D

anon(319128)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You should go back to a Motorola V60 Flip phone until you get a grip! Oh...and learn to speak and type English! Misspelled slang is not a language..:D

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate the negative comments fellas it is always a pleasure. Those who offered up other opinions on other phones thanks .

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If you are going to impatient, just buy one on ebay for $500. It still is less than the galaxy note II but the screen and battery isn't as good. The hardware is a bit better on the Nexus 4 though.

What carrier will you use it with? I'm with T-mo, who's selling the 16GB version for $199 with contract... It's still vanilla android - don't know if it's unlocked - but if it is, or if you can get it unlocked, then you're just adding a $200 ETF bringing your total to $399, only $50 more than the Play store, and no $18 shipping fee. They showed it as unavailable online but I went through customer service and was able to get one (and for considerably less, under a retention deal).

Edit: Also, call them back to doublecheck with another operator... When I ordered my Nexus 7, I got a cancellation email a few days later, but it turned out according to the third person I spoke with that that was because they weren't shipping it yet and were just 'cancelling' the billing charge until it was ready to ship. A couple of weeks later, when it shipped, I got an email with a new order number and shipping tracking.

Edit 2: All that being said, the N4 is an absolutely amazing piece of equipment. I keep discovering new things with it every day (just found the time-lapse video capability, which is pretty cool).

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What carrier will you use it with? I'm with T-mo, who's selling the 16GB version for $199 with contract... It's still vanilla android - don't know if it's unlocked - but if it is, or if you can get it unlocked, then you're just adding a $200 ETF bringing your total to $399, only $50 more than the Play store, and no $18 shipping fee. They showed it as unavailable online but I went through customer service and was able to get one (and for considerably less, under a retention deal).

Edit: Also, call them back to doublecheck with another operator... When I ordered my Nexus 7, I got a cancellation email a few days later, but it turned out according to the third person I spoke with that that was because they weren't shipping it yet and were just 'cancelling' the billing charge until it was ready to ship. A couple of weeks later, when it shipped, I got an email with a new order number and shipping tracking.

Edit 2: All that being said, the N4 is an absolutely amazing piece of equipment. I keep discovering new things with it every day (just found the time-lapse video capability, which is pretty cool).

Might've replied to the wrong person? Never really said I was going to go with any carrier. Well if you were replying to me, then I'm not getting it from a carrier, got it contract free from google play. I'm just going to use it as an ipod/media player. $50 more than an ipod touch for AMAZING SPECS and 20,000 on google play uploaded. I'm not sure but i'm pretty sure you can't do an ETF or maybe you can (my mom said she would never do, maybe because it's too expensive or something) but damn you are one smart man. That's a smart idea....

Well I mean they are still shipping the Nexus 4 I'm pretty sure, I haven't gotten a cancellation or anything. The price ($300) is ing AMAZING for the Nexus 4, would've been a good ing deal at $700.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Might've replied to the wrong person? Never really said I was going to go with any carrier. Well if you were replying to me, then I'm not getting it from a carrier, got it contract free from google play. I'm just going to use it as an ipod/media player. $50 more than an ipod touch for AMAZING SPECS and 20,000 on google play uploaded. I'm not sure but i'm pretty sure you can't do an ETF or maybe you can (my mom said she would never do, maybe because it's too expensive or something) but damn you are one smart man. That's a smart idea....

Well I mean they are still shipping the Nexus 4 I'm pretty sure, I haven't gotten a cancellation or anything. The price ($300) is ing AMAZING for the Nexus 4, would've been a good ing deal at $700.

If it had not have been cancelled I was going to use it with att I currently have the iPhone 5 and tired of it.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Google has NEVER had any idea how to sell hardware. That was obvious from the Nexus 7 fiasco, the N4, fiasco, the mess the N10 is in, and so on. So you have a choice - either deal, since it's pretty obvious you are buying from a bunch of clueless losers when it comes to retail sales, or get something else. I'd go get the Samsung S3 :) I wanted the N4 but it seems it doesn't go on the Verizon network, which is another failure.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Whoops - yep, meant to reference your comment with a proposed alternate solution, and direct the question towards the OP. And the ETF for T-mo is $200 if you subscribe to a 'classic' plan. If you subscribe to a 'value' plan, you get a better rate on the phone and are allowed to make a down payment on the phone with the balance being payed over installments for much of the contract - but that's not a viable means towards the end I suggested, as you end up owing a considerable amount for the hardware in addition to the ETF, totaling more.

For those who are on T-mo and eligible for an upgrade, don't underestimate what T-mo might be willing to do to save a customer. I had 6 months remaining on my contract, so wasn't eligible for the normal upgrade credit (they give a partial upgrade at 6 mo's remaining, but not full till 3), and they ended up providing me the N4 for about $110 total including tax and shipping. Funny thing is (though I have no intention of doing this) I could now cancel, pay $200 and be done with my contract 6 months early, and still be out only a total of $310 for the N4, as opposed to about $396 ordered through the Play store and waiting > 1 month instead of having it in 3 days! I've been with them about 12 years, so I may have been given some extra consideration, but I can't imagine they were aware that they were making it quite easy to leave, albeit through a circuitous route, if I'd wanted to. Good thing for them they've got stellar service, reliability, and speeds at a great price everywhere I use my phone!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Just to offer a *possible* solution...

In the past year (and for as long as I can remember before that), my bank has called me a grand total of 2 times to confirm a purchase prior to authorizing the sale:

1. When I bought my Nexus 7 from Google online a few months ago

2. When I bought an iPad from Apple online (it was a gift for my stepfather...don't judge).

Had I not answered the phone to confirm those purchases, there's a very good chance the sale would have been declined by my bank and thus canceled by the seller.

I'm not even sure why it happened. The fact is I travel quite a bit for both work and recreation, I buy stuff online all the time, and I use this bank card to buy pretty EVERYTHING so it's not like those are the only major purchases I've put on it. So even though I'm frequently making large purchases online and in various different cities in the US all the time (things that could trigger an alert), they've only ever called specifically regarding two mobile devices I ordered. (They must be high risk for fraud?).

My point...is there a chance your bank/credit card/etc may have declined the charge rather than Google cancelling the order? I have no idea, just figured I'd float that out there if it can help get to the bottom of what happened.

And hey, I'd much rather have a Nexus 4 than an iPhone 5 too...but that's not a bad phone to be "stuck" with while you wait...

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I recently called up google if they can change the shipping address as the friend of mine who have ordered nexus 4 is going out of country on 25th december for a month.... i requested to change the shipping address to another location even said that i can mail them the proof of airline tickets of the friend who purchased it for me...

Google replied " cancel your order, its your problem, they won't change the shipping address ! ".... google sucks as if they are giving nexus4 free to customers !

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Google replied " cancel your order, its your problem, they won't change the shipping address ! ".... google sucks as if they are giving nexus4 free to customers !
What kind of fool are you to think they would change the shipping address, to someone that didn't buy it in the first place?
Are you from Earth?

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Can we please stick to the topic instead of nitpicking the OP about grammer. Most of you understood EXACTLY what he said yet still feel the need to be ridiculous about it. Get over it.
If his use of grammer bothered you THAT much you didn't have to keep reading.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2