Nexus 4 not showing up in 'My Devices' List - How to Fix

leroy_sunset

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, N4 owner here. I got my phone on 12/10 and fired it up right away (after rooting, of course :cool:). However, my N4 did not show up in my list of owned devices in the Play store. That means I couldn't push apps to the phone, see what I had installed, etc.

After a few rounds of emails with support at Google, I finally got a tip that got my N4 on the list. Here's the email from Google:

Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you may just have to clear the cache and data of Google Services Framework and the app itself. In order to resolve this issue, if you haven't done so already, please make sure you've cleared the cache and data of both the Google Play Store app and the Download manager. Here's how:

1. Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Tab over to "All"
3. Select the Play Store app, and then tap "Clear cache" and "Clear data"

For the Download manager:

1. Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Tab over to "All"
3. Select "Download manager," and then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache"

For Google Services Framework

1. Navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
2. Navigate to the ?All? section
3. Scroll down to find an app called Google Services Framework
4. Select Google Services Framework, then tap Clear cache and Clear data

Please note that after clearing the Google Play Store app data, if you have set a PIN code and/or a content filter, you'll need to re-apply these settings.​

The phone showed up almost immediately in the list on Google Play. The Play app needed a phone restart to function. The list of installed apps took about a day to show up on Play.

Another user in the N10 forum also ran into this problem. I figured it must be affecting more than just two users, so I put this up to help out any N4 users that were as flummoxed as me. Good luck and happy Nexus-ing!

Mohit Batta

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey. I'm facing this same problem from quite a while now.. I followed this procedure .. couldn't find download manager though.. anyways i followed it and its still not showing up.. same goes to Devicemanager i cant see my device there either. please help me out..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish