Nexus battery replacement procedure?

SonDan

Jan 27, 2011
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Wondering how to proceed when Nexus 4 (or Nexus 7) battery dies since they are not it user replaceable? Will we have to ship them back to Google for replacement or will they be relegated to end of life status? Any1 know?

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Probably have to ship them to LG for replacement of the battery if that occurs. It's also possible that third party repair shops will have figured out a reliable way to replace it by the time you would need to do so.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the owner of the phone, I guess by the time battery stops working the phone will be inferior and people will be wanting an upgrade. The battery being 700 cycles before it starts to go down hill is almost 2 years! Thinking of that most people would upgrade before it starts to go down hill, but for those who will continue on I believe LG would be able to replace the battery for you - obviously with a small financial cost. Some users will be able to fix it yourself (as its 7/10 for fix ability on fixit), requiring to order the battery probably not an OEM, remove the screws on the bottom then you can imagine what happens from then on. (Screws hold the battery connector in place. the battery is secured to the case with quite a bit of adhesive, requiring a lot of prying. Place in battery.)

Nexus 4 Teardown - iFixit

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You can actually replace it yourself. It isn't the easiest thing to do but you can. Much easier than the iphone since you have screws on the bottom but it's not as easy as a plastic backing that you can just snap off

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think you can assume that within 6 months or so lots of small shops will be advertising battery replacement service; just as you can find for the iPhone if you look around.

dave1nyc

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
As you probably know by now, replacing the Nexus 7 battery is very easy and it's now pretty easy to find both the batteries and youtube illustrations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad