Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hubertsng
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Storage solution?

    Recently I filled up my 5gb of drop box space.
    And I have the 8GB nexus 4.

    Since the OTG cable solution doesn't work, idk :/

    P.S
    Does anyone's storage analyzing thing in settings not display the right space available? I apparently have 4 GB still available according to another app. But Idk :x
  2. #2  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    880 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.2

    Default Re: Storage solution?

    Have you looked into Box? It's another cloud storage service like Dropbox, and reportedly Nexus 4 owners are eligible for a 50gb upgrade. I don't use it so I'm not positive, but check them out.

    There's also Google Drive, which you should have access to automatically with a Google account.
  3. #3  
    bacalao's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

    Default Re: Storage solution?

    Box.net
    All you do is register and it automatically recognizes your LG phone and gives you 50 gigs
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Storage solution?

    Quote Originally Posted by vash22345 View Post
    Recently I filled up my 5gb of drop box space.
    Filled it with what? Knowing how you use the space may help suggest alternatives. Yes, you can get 50GB from The Box, but maybe it might make more sense to spend $100/year to get 100GB from Dropbox. Etc.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Storage solution?

    minnemike likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Storage solution?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post

    Looks like it requires rooting for the N4 but not the N7.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Storage solution?

    Quote Originally Posted by minnemike View Post
    Looks like it requires rooting for the N4 but not the N7.
    I forget but definitely for the N4. It's not as good as a microSD card (being hidden) but it's better than nothing. As shown you can use it to play music pretty good with a file manager. If you still don't have room on the removable disc, you can put .apks and other stuff on google drive.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Storage solution?

    I take a lot of pictures actually. I've bee clearing some stuff out I didn't need of course.
    As far as box.net goes i enjoy drop box mainly because of the auto upload feature. Really helps a lot.

    And I'll look into that video in a bit. At work
    But has anyone tried it personally yet?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Storage solution?

    Quote Originally Posted by vash22345 View Post
    I take a lot of pictures actually. I've bee clearing some stuff out I didn't need of course.
    As far as box.net goes i enjoy drop box mainly because of the auto upload feature. Really helps a lot.

    And I'll look into that video in a bit. At work
    But has anyone tried it personally yet?
    The thing that sucks about drop box is that there is a megabytes limit of like.... 200? Forgot but you can't store movie or anything or big applications.
    The idea from the video isn't exactly new, I just found out about that from the video and was the only one I watched so I just posted that one, you can find some online.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Storage solution?

    Quote Originally Posted by xstinkyx View Post
    Filled it with what? Knowing how you use the space may help suggest alternatives. Yes, you can get 50GB from The Box, but maybe it might make more sense to spend $100/year to get 100GB from Dropbox. Etc.
    Good lord no, more like $9.99/year for 100GB's.

Similar Threads

  1. Storage solution, Kingston 32gb Wi-Drive $50 on Amazon
    By a62335 in forum Verizon Droid DNA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 03:34 PM
  2. Nexus 7 Storage Solutions???
    By android4life007 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 02:44 PM
  3. Internal Storage
    By TofuScream in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 10:24 PM
  4. Moment MS Exchange solution
    By paul2241 in forum Samsung Moment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 07:33 AM
  5. doubleTwist Syncing with iTunes solution
    By schach23 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

B