Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post

Insignificant trivial complaints...

Phone warms up doing anything, even just web browsing. My Galaxy Nexus didn't warm up so much.

I also went from a GNex to an N4.battery life became similar or better once I got past the initial stage of setting up and fiddling with it.

The feeling Warner is mainly because of materials glass will conduct heat more than plastic. On top of that Chrome is know to use more processor resources than stock browser. This is one of the reasons why I went ahead and installed CyanogenMod 10.1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

saying that i am satisfied would be an understatement. I used a VZW Galaxy Nexus for almost a year, sold it and used my roommate's Galaxy s3 on ATT for three weeks and finally got my N4 on launch week. While LTE is unmistakably quicker, HSPA+ in my area has really not left me feeling like I am stuck in the past. Loading apps like facebook, flipboard, currents etc is quick and comparable to LTE on the previous two phones, hell I downloaded a 12.2mb app on HSPA+ in 3-4 seconds. That is faster than I download songs on my home PC. The battery life is MUCH better than my old phone too and do not feel nervous going out for the night with 70% battery like i was with the G nex.

The phone's screen, processor and ram are what really makes this phone shine. The phone just feels SO fluid and quick. A lot of high resource tasks that used to bog down my G nex are now carried out effortlessly with the N4. Also, since 4.2 added group MMS to the stock messaging app, so my phone no longer feels like some open source beta version with an ugly UI when performing basic tasks like group texting with friends (looking at you handcent). The camera hardware is a vast improvement to what i was used to and new features like HDR, radial settings menus and photosphere make iphone users jealous. Not to mention this phone just feel nice in hand and has the highest build quality of any android phone I have seen to date.

All of that for $350 off contract??
    Google Android Affectionado

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I liked my N4 but could not get it locked into the correct AT&T APN's for consistent data connectivity in my home area so as a result I will be selling my 1 week old N4 and going back to my Galaxy S3.

Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I believe Llama may allow you to set this up. Check it out.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    It doesn't but thanks for trying.

Here is the relevant thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...-features.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Get 'Quick Profiles' from the Google Play store.. Will do all the stuff you need and it's free... Been using for 2yrs and does it all
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Byb2ZpbGVzIl0.
    No, It definitely doesn't but thanks for trying.

Here is the relevant thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-applications/233030-there-profiles-app-will-give-me-these-features.html
    Thanked by:

I've come from having the first iPhone all the way up to iPhone 5, and i decided that was completely bored with iPhone so i decided to go Android and get the Nexus 4. Im a real noob with Android but i must say I'm finding it so much better than the iPhone, a much more refreshing experience, and i love all the customization options i didnt have on the iPhone! I love my Nexus!!
    bacalao likes this.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Cancelling my vzw gnex tonight and porting number. I'm one of the few who get just as good or better speed from T-Mo as verizon's LTE.
    Saving $77/month and sale of gnex pays etf. Worked out well for me.

NO,..... bad battery life, lack of useful features, annoying bugs.

i don't customize my phone or anything, i like it plain, simple and functional. so all these android customization options don't matter to me.

If customer service count, IT SUCKS to me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123