Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

ppeklak

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I will change my signature as soon as I get back home thanks! :)

Browsing the web really. Coming from an area with incredibly good LTE pulling on average 30-40mbps down to 9mbps is a bit frustrating at times. That, and it seems like the radios in the S3 are a bit better as well. Day to day performance is excellent on the N4, but it was no slouch either on the S3. I'm hoping after a good solid week with the Nexus 4 I'll decide between the two. As crazy as it sounds because I now have experience with Vanilla Android. I can say that I honestly don't mind Touch Wiz either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

hey bro - i ordered my nexus nov 27th and still don't have it. oh and on my GS2 i get at MAX 2mbps in philly...att is absolutely horribly bad....i'd kill for 9mbps. so i don't think you have it as bad as you think. :)

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
If I had a Galaxy SIII in the first place I wouldn't bother with the Nexus 4. Having come from a Sensation 4G, though, I'm quite glad I got the N4.

Honestly the Nexus 4 was sort of an impulse buy for me, as I was and still am completely satisfied with my S3. I don't plan to keep both phones, and will eventually sell one of them. I'm relatively new to Android, and wanted to see what all of the fuss was about with vanilla android. I don't swap through phones as fast as a lot of people around here it seems(Had my IP4 for 2 years). Just trying to see what the consensus is around here.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Where do you feel the difference between the HSPA+ and the LTE? When browsing the net? Emails? Downloads (what speeds)? Apps?

Just interested how much slower it actually is.
In Canada this is not as much of a problem as our networks are much more consistent with HSPA + than in the US.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure that the internet surfing will be 100 times better on the N4 than my BB. Hope that the N4 will allow me to do everything that i'm doing on my BB now.
Lol. It will be a huge difference. My wife can barely even use her BB on wifi its so slow. Trust me, you will love this phone.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Does unlocking means rooting = delete all data from the phone?!

So i have to do it in the beginning when i get it?
You should do the unlocking right away. Rooting won't erase anything.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Here in South Jersey we don't have LTE yet, and who knows if we will get it in 2013. So for me it makes no difference. One question though, I do have LTE sim in my HOX, and HSPA speeds are terrible. I mostly get up to 2 Mbps down. Should I call ATT and have them configure my SIM for 4G non LTE device. Would that make a difference? I am planing to keep both phones once my N4 arrives.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm 100% satisfied. I came from Verizon with a Galaxy Nexus (which was a great phone), in a strong LTE area, and I don't miss it a bit. As far as I can tell, my TMo speeds (usually getting 12 to 17 mgb download) are just as fast as Verizon's lte, BUT without the battery sucking drainage that lte causes.

And of coarse, I couldn't be happier with my $30 per month bill. This phone makes me feel free!

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Here in South Jersey we don't have LTE yet, and who knows if we will get it in 2013. So for me it makes no difference. One question though, I do have LTE sim in my HOX, and HSPA speeds are terrible. I mostly get up to 2 Mbps down. Should I call ATT and have them configure my SIM for 4G non LTE device. Would that make a difference? I am planing to keep both phones once my N4 arrives.
Check this thread for the correct APN for your phone. Keep in mind, you might have to play with the settings a bit.
Nexus 4 APN's for AT&T

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's a good idea to open a topic for APN settings for different carriers or something.
Well I know there was also a TMO thread, as well as the AT&T one I posted. As far as Canadian, and European carriers they're all different. The only problem too is everyones APN's seem to be different based on their current data plan. Some are coming from S3/iPhone 5 LTE plans, and some from older non LTE plans so each APN needs to be different.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I am very happy with my Nexus 4. I have the 8 gig model, and everything works flawlessly. I live and work in T-mobile's HSPA+ 42 coverage areas, so when I am on their network, speeds are great, although a lot of the times I tend to be on wi-fi anyway. My phone has been my wake-up device in the sense that when I wake up in the morning, I tend to stay in bed and pick up my phone to read the news and watch some news videos, and the Nexus 4's screen makes that such a great experience. It is also great throughout the day. Battery life is better than the Galaxy Nexus (which is expected), and all in all, I'm very pleased. My only beef is that the aux audio level is a little too quiet.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I am completely satisfied with my N4. Vanilla Android has come a long way from the days of Gingerbread (the last time I looked at a Nexus device) and I have almost no problems with it (email is the one minor annoyance, but I think that has to do with my ISP more than the Nexus). I came from Sprint and WiMax so HSPA+ speeds are a breath of fresh air, although I do wish T-Mo's signal was a bit more reliable. Again though, that's not the phone. :)

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
When I use my N4 and my One X side-by-side, the HTC screen really makes me miss that phone. I snapped a few pictures last night with both phones, and the One X definitely has the nicer camera in my eyes. It's all a personal preference. I'm really considering a One X+.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
When I use my N4 and my One X side-by-side, the HTC screen really makes me miss that phone. I snapped a few pictures last night with both phones, and the One X definitely has the nicer camera in my eyes. It's all a personal preference. I'm really considering a One X+.
I think most reviews have said the same. The One X is the better phone for camera and the screen is a bit better.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that info. Still waiting for my N4 but my One X looks really great. Except for lag in Sense. Did you use the same SIM that came with your One X in N4. And if yes did you have to change APN settings to get better speeds. Thanks

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the nexus 4 but I have the HTC one X and I live in a AT&T HSPA+ area and can get up to 11 Mbps Down and up to 2 Mbps up But I can get 7-9 Mbps most times and 1 Mbps up. Had Verizon a earlier this year and loved their LTE but I used their 3G network because it's more consistent by changing the settings. In the end I have always had more of a reliable data on 3G/HSPA+ then I have on LTE and that shouldn't be a deal breaker for this phone it seems like a great phone.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that info. Still waiting for my N4 but my One X looks really great. Except for lag in Sense. Did you use the same SIM that came with your One X in N4. And if yes did you have to change APN settings to get better speeds. Thanks

You could always root and flash CM10?