- 45 Posts
Anyone Using Built in Wifi/3G Calling on T-Mobile?
I just noticed that android has a built in internet calling feature (I'm new to android). I was wondering if anyone on T-mobile (particularly the $30 pre-paid plan) has successfully set it up or if T-Mobile blocks it and a third party app is required. I've been using a third party app up until now but would like it more if I could use the built in function. Does T-Mobile block it?
- 12-17-2012, 06:25 AM #2
- 12-17-2012, 11:02 AM #3
- 45 Posts
Re: Anyone Using Built in Wifi/3G Calling on T-Mobile?
EDIT: I did some more research and learned that in order for it to work Tmobile would have to release a kernel to support it on their network. They don't plan on doing so.
Do you have a recommendation for a good voip app besides google voice? I have a SIP account to use with it.
- 12-17-2012, 11:54 PM #5
- By sniffs in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 14Last Post: 02-23-2011, 10:28 PM
- By vatsyk in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 3Last Post: 12-30-2010, 03:36 PM
- By add119 in forum T-Mobile G1Replies: 0Last Post: 11-21-2010, 04:05 PM
- By lesscryptic in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 5Last Post: 07-22-2010, 09:32 PM
- By Carioca_FL in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 06-07-2010, 06:08 PM