Problem with Nexus 4 gestures in notification bar

KarDan1111

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

i just recently switched from Iphone 4 to Nexus 4. Anyway...

Can anyone of you perform gestures inside the notification bar!?

For example. When i want to swing out an email notification within the notification bar, if i swipe down with two fingers, nothing happens. if i use one finger down or up and down. just nothing happens. if i hold and press on the notification it opens a context menu with "App-Details"...Whats up with that? are you supposed to do this stuff in JB? What am i doing wrong?
Beside the Music notifications and evernote, i don't see a single notification where i can do gestures.

Thank you kindly for your help/suggestions/sarcastic comments

Diclaimer: Sorry for typos-I'm german

KarDan1111

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Very nice of you guys, thank you so far... I did not make myself clear maybe. I know i can delete notifications by swiping sideways. But aren't some notifications supposed to have further actions!?. Like reply instantly for example and actions like this. What about two fingers pulldowns!?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, for an email or text notification, you should be able to just one-finger-tap it and it will open in the native app. Is that what you mean?

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have seen some notifications for messaging apps that allow an instant reply from the notification bar instead of having to open the app... one thing I have noticed is that if you have more than one notification, the feature doesn't usually work... I know it's more work to do this, but try clearing all but one notification (like a text message or email), close the notification bar, and re-open it.

anon(20500)

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Don't think you can use gestures on email notifications. It's pretty limited and needs to be beefed up IMO. I believe you can snooze calendar items with it.

KarDan1111

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have seen some notifications for messaging apps that allow an instant reply from the notification bar instead of having to open the app... one thing I have noticed is that if you have more than one notification, the feature doesn't usually work... I know it's more work to do this, but try clearing all but one notification (like a text message or email), close the notification bar, and re-open it.

i don't see how this would be time efficient. Then one could directly open the app and reply. But again. This is not specifically about Email and reply but the whole idea around the notification bar. Like for example two finger dropdown. Where are those?

JJDigitized

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the email notifications have the two figer gesture capability yet - Gmail does, but I'm assuming you're using the stock email client, and not Gmail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret