Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Default Stay awake on wireless charging mat

I purchased the LG wireless charger and it seems to work great, but the phone doesn't stay awake. The developer setting is on and it works when I plug it in with USB.

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Stay awake on wireless charging mat

I don't think it is possible although daydream does work with wireless charging just as it does with wired. Settings -> Display -> Daydream.

(When the phone is daydreaming, just tap or swipe to wake it up)

Quote Originally Posted by kenguy79 View Post
    I purchased the LG wireless charger and it seems to work great, but the phone doesn't stay awake. The developer setting is on and it works when I plug it in with USB.

Any thoughts?
    From where you bought the LG wireless charger? Can you please give me a link or something?

Quote Originally Posted by saadi703 View Post
    From where you bought the LG wireless charger? Can you please give me a link or something?
    I dont think OP bought the official wireless charger. it might be some charger sold by them Nexus 4 Wireless Chargers You Can Buy Now

As for me, I bought this one: Energizer Battery IC2B US Qi Enabled 3 Position Inductive Charger Black | eBay

Fast shipment, brand new item. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    As for me, I bought this one: Energizer Battery IC2B US Qi Enabled 3 Position Inductive Charger Black | eBay

Fast shipment, brand new item. Works great.
    Thanks a lot. How long does it take to charge it fully from let say 15%? I do not have enough space on my bed side table so I would consider the single mobile charging solution but I think the single one is currently not available.

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I dont think OP bought the official wireless charger. it might be some charger sold by them Nexus 4 Wireless Chargers You Can Buy Now
    Thanks for the link. I was actually looking for the LG one that OP mentioned but the link you gave me show that it is not in stock on Amazon and it was only $34 whereas others are expensive :-(

Quote Originally Posted by kenguy79 View Post

Any thoughts?
    If you use the Setting Profiles app, I believe you can set up a rule in it where it will turn on the screen whenever the phone is being charged. But, yeah, you shouldn't have to do that.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...obeez.profiles

Thanks for the link. I was actually looking for the LG one that OP mentioned but the link you gave me show that it is not in stock on Amazon and it was only $34 whereas others are expensive :-(
    $34? I wish. I bought the LG charger back on November 30th from that very same Amazon link that's in that article. It was $49.89 back then. Charger works great, though, and was well worth it. I'm thinking of getting a second for my desk at work.

My charger only costed 34$ with shipping.

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts

Bought the LG mat from a Verizon store for $40. Works like a champ (except the stay awake part).
    BB Pearl > Droid X > Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 4 > The ONE and Moto X and Nexus 7 (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    From where you have bought it? Can you please give me the link? Is it still in stock there?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Link please?