Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Benefits of stock Android?

As everyone noted there isn't any overlay and there is no crapware as well. I also liked that it is unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

For me, it's not so much the immediacy of the updates but knowing that I'll get more than the one or two that Android vendors typically provide before abandoning a product. Eventually Android will advance to the point that the N4's hardware can't handle it without the user experience suffering, and when that happens, Google won't push any more to it. But I don't see that happening for at least two years, based on the headroom in the N4's processor and memory.

In fact, the older that the N4 gets, the more I'm going to wait before installing an update so I can see if other owners are reporting problems. I leaned that the hard way with the iPad 1, which I should have left at 4.x instead of upgrading to 5.x, whose features don't outweigh the performance hit. Just because Google, MSFT, Apple, et al say that a device can handle something doesn't mean it can handle it without the strain showing.

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    I did until Google started to mess up their own product by getting rid of 2 of their advantages over iphone

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Hah- Samsung's got rid of Android's advantages of onscreen buttons, a smooth experience, and a pretty interface.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

And to the OP, a launcher will only cover up the home screen, so it still won't be stock Android. You'll also get less bloat, a smoother experience, a faster processor, and faster updates.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12