The biggest difference between Nexus 4 and previous Nexus devices

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
It downloads and installs updates from the Play store about 2-3 times as fast! I don't know why this is, since most other things (web surfing, opening, closing apps) are pretty close in speed to the Galaxy Nexus, but this just seems a lot faster.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It downloads and installs updates from the Play store about 2-3 times as fast! I don't know why this is, since most other things (web surfing, opening, closing apps) are pretty close in speed to the Galaxy Nexus, but this just seems a lot faster.
+1 I second that. its a lot faster. I assume that because of the quad core processor.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Another: if wifi is off and I turn it on, it connects to my wifi in 1 second! It seems almost istantaneous. I've never had any device (phone, tablet, laptop) connect as quickly.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I really want to know the difference in regards to the touch response. I saw a video of the N4 next to the GN and the GN clearly one based on touch response... can anyone confirm or deny that video?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I really want to know the difference in regards to the touch response. I saw a video of the N4 next to the GN and the GN clearly one based on touch response... can anyone confirm or deny that video?

I have not compared it to a Galaxy Nexus but compared to a Nexus 7 and a Nexus S, I have not noticed any issues or worse sensitivity yet.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

That is one thing I noticed when I got my Nexus 4 - touch response is not as sensitive as my Galaxy Nexus. It's a very small tradeoff for a vastly improved phone, though.

Sent from my Nexus 4

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
That is one thing I noticed when I got my Nexus 4 - touch response is not as sensitive as my Galaxy Nexus. It's a very small tradeoff for a vastly improved phone, though.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Have you compared your GN to a Nexus S? Is it more sensitive than a Nexus S?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I've watched this video before and it talks about the differences pretty good. By what I saw, it isn't THAT much better (like the OP said 2-3 times) but it is maybe 2-1.5 times as fast.

I don't think you read my post. That video never shows him downloading and installing from the play store. I said that downloading and installing apps from the play store is MUCH faster, BUT everything else on the phone (web surfing, etc) is not that much faster.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
9:42 there is phil on twitter. Quad Core is the answer. Thinking of having 4 toll booths to process different things (e.g install 4 apps at a time) compared to a single or dual.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Screen touch response difference is due to differences in screen digitizer technology. To me the better screen clarity and quality is worth the tradeoff and honestly I never noticed the difference between my Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus until I heard about it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678