Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By still1
  • 3 Post By 6tr6tr
  • 1 Post By 6tr6tr
  • 1 Post By PWC Realtor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The biggest difference between Nexus 4 and previous Nexus devices

It downloads and installs updates from the Play store about 2-3 times as fast! I don't know why this is, since most other things (web surfing, opening, closing apps) are pretty close in speed to the Galaxy Nexus, but this just seems a lot faster.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Default Re: The biggest difference between Nexus 4 and previous Nexus devices

Biggest difference I've noticed in day to day is data speeds.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    It downloads and installs updates from the Play store about 2-3 times as fast! I don't know why this is, since most other things (web surfing, opening, closing apps) are pretty close in speed to the Galaxy Nexus, but this just seems a lot faster.
    +1 I second that. its a lot faster. I assume that because of the quad core processor.
    badbrad17 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Another: if wifi is off and I turn it on, it connects to my wifi in 1 second! It seems almost istantaneous. I've never had any device (phone, tablet, laptop) connect as quickly.

I really want to know the difference in regards to the touch response. I saw a video of the N4 next to the GN and the GN clearly one based on touch response... can anyone confirm or deny that video?
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Another: if wifi is off and I turn it on, it connects to my wifi in 1 second! It seems almost istantaneous. I've never had any device (phone, tablet, laptop) connect as quickly.
    Same with GPS, it's insane.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    I really want to know the difference in regards to the touch response. I saw a video of the N4 next to the GN and the GN clearly one based on touch response... can anyone confirm or deny that video?
    I have not compared it to a Galaxy Nexus but compared to a Nexus 7 and a Nexus S, I have not noticed any issues or worse sensitivity yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    That is one thing I noticed when I got my Nexus 4 - touch response is not as sensitive as my Galaxy Nexus. It's a very small tradeoff for a vastly improved phone, though.

Sent from my Nexus 4
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    That is one thing I noticed when I got my Nexus 4 - touch response is not as sensitive as my Galaxy Nexus. It's a very small tradeoff for a vastly improved phone, though.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Have you compared your GN to a Nexus S? Is it more sensitive than a Nexus S?
    MbTurner1977 likes this.

I've watched this video before and it talks about the differences pretty good. By what I saw, it isn't THAT much better (like the OP said 2-3 times) but it is maybe 2-1.5 times as fast.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    I've watched this video before and it talks about the differences pretty good. By what I saw, it isn't THAT much better (like the OP said 2-3 times) but it is maybe 2-1.5 times as fast.
    I don't think you read my post. That video never shows him downloading and installing from the play store. I said that downloading and installing apps from the play store is MUCH faster, BUT everything else on the phone (web surfing, etc) is not that much faster.

9:42 there is phil on twitter. Quad Core is the answer. Thinking of having 4 toll booths to process different things (e.g install 4 apps at a time) compared to a single or dual.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Screen touch response difference is due to differences in screen digitizer technology. To me the better screen clarity and quality is worth the tradeoff and honestly I never noticed the difference between my Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus until I heard about it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    badbrad17 likes this.