Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

I got fed up with Google Voice's MMS limitations and just tried porting my number from Google Voice to Solavei. It's been over 24 hours and is "processing"... I hate Solavei's porting system, it's so ty compared to Straight Talk and competitors. It gives basically no feedback, takes forever, fails often, and overall just inspires very little confidence. I hope they get around to improving it soon...
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

This is gonna annoy you. My google voice mms just started working again a few days ago. Someone sent me an mms and it went right to my email...

Quote Originally Posted by skibbs View Post
    I got fed up with Google Voice's MMS limitations and just tried porting my number from Google Voice to Solavei. It's been over 24 hours and is "processing"... I hate Solavei's porting system, it's so ty compared to Straight Talk and competitors. It gives basically no feedback, takes forever, fails often, and overall just inspires very little confidence. I hope they get around to improving it soon...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hectorbribiesca View Post
    Finally i found you guys! same issue here with the double dialing! steps i have already completed and still has not corrected the issue!
    already replaced sim! didnt work
    already replaced device for another new nexus 4! didnt work
    im glad to hear that solavei will look into this issue! as far as data speeds go! im getting great speeds... keep in mind t-mobile is upgrading towers so sometimes you might get slow speeds till those towers go back up!
    Hey we need to get the word out about this thread. Maybe someone can start another one on another forum also. We need Solavei to know this is affecting allot of people for them to make this a priority in their tech department.

Incidentally, one of the reps discovered a work around. If you add the number you see on your phone to the contact you are calling you will then see that contact when you dial. The google number never changes for each contact. It's different for each contact but does not seem to change. This is a very temporary solution. For those of you like me who dial heavily this solution is not optimal.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Has anyone tried straight talk or simple mobile with the phone and Google voice. We need to see if this is an mvno issue with t mobile or just Solavei.

Dude! I heard once you port your number to Google voice you can't port it back to a carrier
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I doubt that. How could they stop you?

Dude! I heard once you port your number to Google voice you can't port it back to a carrier

Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    This is gonna annoy you. My google voice mms just started working again a few days ago. Someone sent me an mms and it went right to my email...

Was the person sending you the MMS on Sprint? That's the only case in which it should work v

Yeah...changing Sim cards didn't work for me re speed as well. The 0.1 Mbps download still is present even when I did the 2g and data box "uncheck / recheck"

I know it's not the phone because my T-Mobile Sim card gets me upwards of 10mbps download here in Chicago. That was the same with Solavei until about a week ago.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I have no issues with speed at all. I get 15 down in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Chin View Post
    Yeah...changing Sim cards didn't work for me re speed as well. The 0.1 Mbps download still is present even when I did the 2g and data box "uncheck / recheck"

I know it's not the phone because my T-Mobile Sim card gets me upwards of 10mbps download here in Chicago. That was the same with Solavei until about a week ago.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Good question... I will ask.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Was the person sending you the MMS on Sprint? That's the only case in which it should work v

What APN settings are you using? And this is form the rest, the people that are having issues with the double dialing! How many are rooted and have their boot loader unlocked?

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post

That was my understanding, my younger sister can send me MMS photos from her iPhone on Sprint but I don't ever receive any group texts (MMS) from iPhones on other networks. I hope Google Voice resolves this soon, I'd love to switch back eventually...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

My phone is stock, no rooting or unlocking.

APN settings from solavei website.

What APN settings are you using? And this is form the rest, the people that are having issues with the double dialing! How many are rooted and have their boot loader unlocked?

I have been talking with Jim Adams about this and we are sending this up to the Head of Product to look at the issue. I hope it is a simple fix, but I would not get my hopes up of a immediate priority. This is mainly a cosmetic issue from what I have been told and the phone is not actually dialing two numbers but instead showing two numbers in the call list. While aggravating it is not a major problem stopping a call from being placed. I will try to keep you updated as I know more. By the way I'm on the hunt for a Nexus 4 myself.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bobsbbq View Post
    I have been talking with Jim Adams about this and we are sending this up to the Head of Product to look at the issue. I hope it is a simple fix, but I would not get my hopes up of a immediate priority. This is mainly a cosmetic issue from what I have been told and the phone is not actually dialing two numbers but instead showing two numbers in the call list. While aggravating it is not a major problem stopping a call from being placed. I will try to keep you updated as I know more. By the way I'm on the hunt for a Nexus 4 myself.
    My does it for when I use Google voice and when I don't as well!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsbbq View Post
    Thanks for taking the time and doing this. It will be awesome when they fix this. So far I am enjoying Solavei, its literally the best deal in the prepaid world

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Ken Chin likes this.

Also by the way. As far as my speeds and connectivity issues went away after reseating my Sim card in my nexus four simcard tray. After all I cut the the card myself. I went through and filed the edges down and made it fit better. After doing that all my connection problems went away.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I only use Google Voice for voicemail, not for phone calls. I have this issue of double dialing as well. No issues with making and receiving calls but 2 calls show up in the recent call list. I am on a stock Nexus 4 using APN settings from the Solavei website.

Well I can say Santa clause has finally arrived with my Nexus 4. I'm exited and will be getting to know it over the next few days. I will join you in having the same issue as I use GV as well.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

New problems with Google voice.

I'm not sure if this is related to the Solavei issues or not.

People call me and occasionally the voicemail does not pick up and their is a message from a female voice that says the voicemail box has not been configured.

I voicemail is setup on both the Solavei side as well as the Google voice side.

What APN settings are you guys using?

Also I tried to stop using Google voice and goto solavei just to try and troubleshoot and it was not able to turn off google voice. I deactivated it on Google voice, used the phone string to try and deactivate and uninstalled yet I was not able to get it not to ring on my phone, very strange.

I figured out the solution! This double dialing happens cause our ping is super high! Whenever the ping is low it won't double dial! I called Solavei and try to put my imei number in their system and they keep telling is not compatible! Does any one have the imei number to a Nexus 4 from T-Mobile?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I figured out the solution! This double dialing happens cause our ping is super high! Whenever the ping is low it won't double dial! I called Solavei and try to put my imei number in their system and they keep telling is not compatible! Does any one have the imei number to a Nexus 4 from T-Mobile?
    That's a problem the imei is not compatible. You have to use a dummy imei.

How did you figure that out? Excuse my ignorance put the ping is controlled by t mobile right? Or your location?

Yeah but the dummy imei is not working for me either! I found a place where I had good ping and I tried numerous calls both on regular cell and trough Google voice and I had no problem at all! With this! Then I tried it else where and the ping was horrible and the problem came back! I figured I'm getting awful ping due to the imei number on file
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Yeah but the dummy imei is not working for me either! I found a place where I had good ping and I tried numerous calls both on regular cell and trough Google voice and I had no problem at all! With this! Then I tried it else where and the ping was horrible and the problem came back! I figured I'm getting awful ping due to the imei number on file
    So the imei number controls the ping? This is interesting.

I'm not sure if it does! But the configurations to the dummy imei don't match your phone then I think that cause a problem! Everyone in here that is not having this problem can you please post APN setting s to your device
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast