Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 79
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Update! The ping has nothing to to with this! I just tried it in a good ping area and it double dialed!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by hectorbribiesca View Post
    I'm not sure if it does! But the configurations to the dummy imei don't match your phone then I think that cause a problem! Everyone in here that is not having this problem can you please post APN setting s to your device
    The problem is that everyone on this thread is actually having a problem but we should know what apn people using because I'm having different problems with Google Voice.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    The APNs I am using are "Solavei WEB" which is named solavei.

    The other APN is the "Solavei MMS" APN which is named solavei also and uses the MMS proxy address and IP with port 8080.

    I am having the double dial issue.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  4. #54  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    heres the link to the solavei forum where people are having this same issue that are on the solavei network
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by hectorbribiesca View Post
    heres the link to the solavei forum where people are having this same issue that are on the solavei network
    Excellent post man!

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    I have a nexus 4, solavei, and use Google Voice. When I dial using the native dialer, I immediately hear the tone that signifies an ended call, ("beep"), and the phone continues to ring and show the correct destination number. Outside of this weird tone, I do not have any issues with calls being logged in my phone log, just the correct numbers are logged, so its unnerving but not causing any problems. I have google voice set up to only place international calls.

    I found this thread because of another issue I was having with GV: I could not get google voice to pick up my voicemails, they were only going to Solavei. This was fixed by updating the numbers listed in the call forwarding settings on the phone (inserting my GV number in the entries marked "Forward when busy" "Forward when unanswered", and "forward when unreachable"). I couldn't figure out why GV wasn't collecting my voicemails because the phone settings did in fact state that Google Voice was set as the Voicemail option. Hope this helps someone in an unrelated problem...
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by chrispomeroy View Post
    I have a nexus 4, solavei, and use Google Voice. When I dial using the native dialer, I immediately hear the tone that signifies an ended call, ("beep"), and the phone continues to ring and show the correct destination number. Outside of this weird tone, I do not have any issues with calls being logged in my phone log, just the correct numbers are logged, so its unnerving but not causing any problems. I have google voice set up to only place international calls.

    I found this thread because of another issue I was having with GV: I could not get google voice to pick up my voicemails, they were only going to Solavei. This was fixed by updating the numbers listed in the call forwarding settings on the phone (inserting my GV number in the entries marked "Forward when busy" "Forward when unanswered", and "forward when unreachable"). I couldn't figure out why GV wasn't collecting my voicemails because the phone settings did in fact state that Google Voice was set as the Voicemail option. Hope this helps someone in an unrelated problem...
    Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Any further developments?

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by stopswitch View Post
    Any further developments?

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    I only wish. I can't handle this as I run a business off of my phone.

    I'm switching t mobile prepaid at end of cycle and just turning off the their voicemail. I am also looking at Straight talk ($45 a month with 2 meg cap using t mobile).

    I just tested t mobile and everything works properly. This is a solavei issue in its entirety and they won't take this issue seriously until people start taking their money elsewhere.

    I was hoping for at least some response.

    At least you save 15 bucks a month with straight talk..... Only benefit.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  10. #60  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    I only wish. I can't handle this as I run a business off of my phone.

    I'm switching t mobile prepaid at end of cycle and just turning off the their voicemail. I am also looking at Straight talk ($45 a month with 2 meg cap using t mobile).


    I just tested t mobile and everything works properly. This is a solavei issue in its entirety and they won't take this issue seriously until people start taking their money elsewhere.

    I was hoping for at least some response.

    At least you save 15 bucks a month with straight talk..... Only benefit.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    That's sucks! But some guy had the same issues on roger and he replaced the Sim and said it fixed it! I'm thinking the Sim has to fit snuged in the tray! Mine Sim kind of slides from side to side! So that might be the problem! Also a lot of people having this issue cut their own Sim card!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #61  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by hectorbribiesca View Post
    That's sucks! But some guy had the same issues on roger and he replaced the Sim and said it fixed it! I'm thinking the Sim has to fit snuged in the tray! Mine Sim kind of slides from side to side! So that might be the problem! Also a lot of people having this issue cut their own Sim card!
    I cut my first sim. The 2nd was straight from Solavei. That's not the issue.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  12. #62  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    I have been playing with Solavei and Google Voice. I'm set to select whether or not to dial with my GV number for every call. When using my native dialer if I use the GV number then I also see the exchange number that was used. No exchange number if I dial with my Solavei number. I'm no expert but I would guess that has to do with the new OS and the native dialer. If this is a problem for you and you need a log that doesn't show the exchange number then look at the log in the GV app.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Ask me about Solavei.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by runtmms View Post
    I have been playing with Solavei and Google Voice. I'm set to select whether or not to dial with my GV number for every call. When using my native dialer if I use the GV number then I also see the exchange number that was used. No exchange number if I dial with my Solavei number. I'm no expert but I would guess that has to do with the new OS and the native dialer. If this is a problem for you and you need a log that doesn't show the exchange number then look at the log in the GV app.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    This is a problem for everyone. It has do with the Sim card from solavei and the phone.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  14. #64  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    This issue has been reported, but there has been no response yet. Remember things like this take some time. Don't give up on Solavei because of this issue, Solavei is a far better service than any other out there at the moment. From my own personal experience I don't see what all the fuss is about. I'm still using GV as usual and I don't notice any problems with operation. I only notice in the call log both the number dialed and the exchange number. I guess I failing to see where this is a problem? I actually like this as to the way it was on my Nexus. When you dialed someone it would only show the exchange number in the call history. Many times when I would go back and look at the history I did not know who I called. With the current issue I actually get both so I know who I'm calling.

    I will report back here as soon as I hear something.
  15. #65  
    sdoo25's Avatar

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    I'm having the double doubling issue as well and I don't use Google Voice for phone calls. Today, as an experiment, I used GV for my phone calls to see how my phone would track the calls. When using GV I did not have the double dialing issue and the only phone number in the recent call list was the person I dialed, not the GV access number. Switched it back to not use GV for calls and double dialing issue returned.
  16. #66  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    I also have the same issue...hope this gets fixed soon cause other than this I am completely happy with solavei
  17. #67  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Have any of you guys updates to 4.2.2 and seen if it resolved this issue?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by hectorbribiesca View Post
    Have any of you guys updates to 4.2.2 and seen if it resolved this issue?
    Very very good question. I didn't get mine yet.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  19. #69  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    I applied my 4.2.2 update last night and it did not fix this issue.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus takju (GSM)
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #70  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    I gotta bail on this. I went back to tmobile prepaid and killed the voice mail.

    It's impossible to run my type of business and not know who you are calling.

    Wonderful service and good value other than this issue.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  21. #71  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Yep, me as well. I use my phone for business and this bug is driving me nuts. I'll be going back to T Mobile at the end of month, Solavei is stupid not to acknowledge the problem in the first place. Its a big FU to Nexus 4 users.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #72  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by stopswitch View Post
    Yep, me as well. I use my phone for business and this bug is driving me nuts. I'll be going back to T Mobile at the end of month, Solavei is stupid not to acknowledge the problem in the first place. Its a big FU to Nexus 4 users.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    I can't imagine how this is more than a simple programming type of issue. If they pit someone on it for a few days the could sort it out.

    Now I'm paying 70 a month unlimited everything with tmobile proper and I can't imagine switching back at this point and having to pay the fees again.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Received our sims from Solavei on 2/15 and activated them, both phones are double dialing. My wife who never notices anything asked me about it, kind of annoying overall. Like others have already stated, they should fix it since it seems to be an issue on their end.
    Solavei - Join an Android Central member's network so we can help each other save money. PM for a Solavei invite or any questions.
  24. #74  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    Although I will be leaving Solavei soon there is some hope for the rest of you. Solavei has finally acknowledged the issue.


    Sent from my Nexus 4
  25. #75  

    Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

    There are no longer any fees, only the 49.00 for 1st month + the 9.00 for SIM card. If you decide to switch back let me know I will give you the 9.00 back for the SIM card.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon 5-friends and Google Voice
    By solideliquid in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 04:48 PM
  2. Gmail and Google Voice not working today?
    By whitenack in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 07:37 AM
  3. EVO and Google Voice setup
    By Itoao in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-23-2010, 11:13 AM
  4. SMS and Google Voice
    By doctorg23 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 11:32 PM
  5. Wifi and Google Voice?
    By jjenson in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 08:37 PM

Posting Permissions

B