Solavei and Google Voice

stopswitch

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
YES!!!! I FOUND SOMEONE ELSE.

I have been using Solavei for over a month now. I used it on my galaxy nexus and Google voice did not have this issue. As soon as I popped my Sim into my nexus four I have been having this issue.

Here is my description of the issue. I dial out using Google voice, it dials the number correctly in the dialer app. Then before connecting the call, it hangs up and dials a random inbound Google voice number exchange. The call goes through but the dialer records the conversation as two numbers.

Using Solavei with correct APN settings via Google Voice on the Nexus four. San Diego CA.

The other issue I have also been having recently up to one week ago is GOD AWFUL HORRIBLE CONNECTION SPEEDS. The connection stalls out 1 out of 5 times when using the cell radio. I know its god damn Solace I because on WiFi it doesn't happen.

If solavei does not fix this soon. I will leave and not look back.
Sent from my Nexus 4

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
YEAH!!!!!!

There are officially 4 of us!!!!!

Guess what this means, that everyone who has Solavei and the Nexus 4 and Google voice are most likely gonna have this issue. I They gotta address this and I suspect that they will.

I will email this thread to my rep and all of us should do the same. We gotta get this to the tech Dept.

I just got my Solavei new micro sim in the mail. I am gonna start with a fresh number and new sim to see if I can shake the issue. If that doesn't work let's email Solavei to correct, if not then most of us will probably have to seek other prepaid providers.

Early Christmas.

YES!!!! I FOUND SOMEONE ELSE.

I have been using Solavei for over a month now. I used it on my galaxy nexus and Google voice did not have this issue. As soon as I popped my Sim into my nexus four I have been having this issue.

Here is my description of the issue. I dial out using Google voice, it dials the number correctly in the dialer app. Then before connecting the call, it hangs up and dials a random inbound Google voice number exchange. The call goes through but the dialer records the conversation as two numbers.

Using Solavei with correct APN settings via Google Voice on the Nexus four. San Diego CA.

The other issue I have also been having recently up to one week ago is GOD AWFUL HORRIBLE CONNECTION SPEEDS. The connection stalls out 1 out of 5 times when using the cell radio. I know its god damn Solace I because on WiFi it doesn't happen.

If solavei does not fix this soon. I will leave and not look back.
Sent from my Nexus 4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Ken Chin

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been having about 0.1mbps download since about Sunday on my nexus 4. The same dialing thing with Google voice happens for me also but that doesn't bother me as much as the slowed data having not even met the 4gb max.

When I called customer service (866-Solavei)... They said they they don't know how to look up my data usage. But, they could confirm that I had NOT been throttled.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I actually just got off the phone with one of the founding members and he is gonna bring this issue to the attention of the technology department so they can look into this.

They the will report back to this thread or I will report back to this once so information comes back.

I also changed sim cards and got a new number but that didn't work.

I've been having about 0.1mbps download since about Sunday on my nexus 4. The same dialing thing with Google voice happens for me also but that doesn't bother me as much as the slowed data having not even met the 4gb max.

When I called customer service (866-Solavei)... They said they they don't know how to look up my data usage. But, they could confirm that I had NOT been throttled.

hectorbribiesca

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally i found you guys! same issue here with the double dialing! steps i have already completed and still has not corrected the issue!
already replaced sim! didnt work
already replaced device for another new nexus 4! didnt work
im glad to hear that solavei will look into this issue! as far as data speeds go! im getting great speeds... keep in mind t-mobile is upgrading towers so sometimes you might get slow speeds till those towers go back up!

skibbs

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I got fed up with Google Voice's MMS limitations and just tried porting my number from Google Voice to Solavei. It's been over 24 hours and is "processing"... I hate Solavei's porting system, it's so ty compared to Straight Talk and competitors. It gives basically no feedback, takes forever, fails often, and overall just inspires very little confidence. I hope they get around to improving it soon...

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
This is gonna annoy you. My google voice mms just started working again a few days ago. Someone sent me an mms and it went right to my email...

I got fed up with Google Voice's MMS limitations and just tried porting my number from Google Voice to Solavei. It's been over 24 hours and is "processing"... I hate Solavei's porting system, it's so ty compared to Straight Talk and competitors. It gives basically no feedback, takes forever, fails often, and overall just inspires very little confidence. I hope they get around to improving it soon...

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Finally i found you guys! same issue here with the double dialing! steps i have already completed and still has not corrected the issue!
already replaced sim! didnt work
already replaced device for another new nexus 4! didnt work
im glad to hear that solavei will look into this issue! as far as data speeds go! im getting great speeds... keep in mind t-mobile is upgrading towers so sometimes you might get slow speeds till those towers go back up!

Hey we need to get the word out about this thread. Maybe someone can start another one on another forum also. We need Solavei to know this is affecting allot of people for them to make this a priority in their tech department.

Incidentally, one of the reps discovered a work around. If you add the number you see on your phone to the contact you are calling you will then see that contact when you dial. The google number never changes for each contact. It's different for each contact but does not seem to change. This is a very temporary solution. For those of you like me who dial heavily this solution is not optimal.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried straight talk or simple mobile with the phone and Google voice. We need to see if this is an mvno issue with t mobile or just Solavei.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
This is gonna annoy you. My google voice mms just started working again a few days ago. Someone sent me an mms and it went right to my email...

Was the person sending you the MMS on Sprint? That's the only case in which it should work v

Ken Chin

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah...changing Sim cards didn't work for me re speed as well. The 0.1 Mbps download still is present even when I did the 2g and data box "uncheck / recheck"

I know it's not the phone because my T-Mobile Sim card gets me upwards of 10mbps download here in Chicago. That was the same with Solavei until about a week ago.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues with speed at all. I get 15 down in NYC.

Yeah...changing Sim cards didn't work for me re speed as well. The 0.1 Mbps download still is present even when I did the 2g and data box "uncheck / recheck"

I know it's not the phone because my T-Mobile Sim card gets me upwards of 10mbps download here in Chicago. That was the same with Solavei until about a week ago.

hectorbribiesca

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
What APN settings are you using? And this is form the rest, the people that are having issues with the double dialing! How many are rooted and have their boot loader unlocked?

skibbs

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Was the person sending you the MMS on Sprint? That's the only case in which it should work v

That was my understanding, my younger sister can send me MMS photos from her iPhone on Sprint but I don't ever receive any group texts (MMS) from iPhones on other networks. I hope Google Voice resolves this soon, I'd love to switch back eventually...

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
My phone is stock, no rooting or unlocking.

APN settings from solavei website.

What APN settings are you using? And this is form the rest, the people that are having issues with the double dialing! How many are rooted and have their boot loader unlocked?

bobsbbq

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been talking with Jim Adams about this and we are sending this up to the Head of Product to look at the issue. I hope it is a simple fix, but I would not get my hopes up of a immediate priority. This is mainly a cosmetic issue from what I have been told and the phone is not actually dialing two numbers but instead showing two numbers in the call list. While aggravating it is not a major problem stopping a call from being placed. I will try to keep you updated as I know more. By the way I'm on the hunt for a Nexus 4 myself.

hectorbribiesca

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been talking with Jim Adams about this and we are sending this up to the Head of Product to look at the issue. I hope it is a simple fix, but I would not get my hopes up of a immediate priority. This is mainly a cosmetic issue from what I have been told and the phone is not actually dialing two numbers but instead showing two numbers in the call list. While aggravating it is not a major problem stopping a call from being placed. I will try to keep you updated as I know more. By the way I'm on the hunt for a Nexus 4 myself.
My does it for when I use Google voice and when I don't as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze