Solavei and Google Voice

stopswitch

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been talking with Jim Adams about this and we are sending this up to the Head of Product to look at the issue. I hope it is a simple fix, but I would not get my hopes up of a immediate priority. This is mainly a cosmetic issue from what I have been told and the phone is not actually dialing two numbers but instead showing two numbers in the call list. While aggravating it is not a major problem stopping a call from being placed. I will try to keep you updated as I know more. By the way I'm on the hunt for a Nexus 4 myself.

Thanks for taking the time and doing this. It will be awesome when they fix this. So far I am enjoying Solavei, its literally the best deal in the prepaid world

Sent from my Nexus 4

stopswitch

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Also by the way. As far as my speeds and connectivity issues went away after reseating my Sim card in my nexus four simcard tray. After all I cut the the card myself. I went through and filed the edges down and made it fit better. After doing that all my connection problems went away.

Sent from my Nexus 4

sdoo25

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I only use Google Voice for voicemail, not for phone calls. I have this issue of double dialing as well. No issues with making and receiving calls but 2 calls show up in the recent call list. I am on a stock Nexus 4 using APN settings from the Solavei website.

bobsbbq

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I can say Santa clause has finally arrived with my Nexus 4. I'm exited and will be getting to know it over the next few days. I will join you in having the same issue as I use GV as well.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
New problems with Google voice.

I'm not sure if this is related to the Solavei issues or not.

People call me and occasionally the voicemail does not pick up and their is a message from a female voice that says the voicemail box has not been configured.

I voicemail is setup on both the Solavei side as well as the Google voice side.

What APN settings are you guys using?

Also I tried to stop using Google voice and goto solavei just to try and troubleshoot and it was not able to turn off google voice. I deactivated it on Google voice, used the phone string to try and deactivate and uninstalled yet I was not able to get it not to ring on my phone, very strange.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

hectorbribiesca

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I figured out the solution! This double dialing happens cause our ping is super high! Whenever the ping is low it won't double dial! I called Solavei and try to put my imei number in their system and they keep telling is not compatible! Does any one have the imei number to a Nexus 4 from T-Mobile?

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I figured out the solution! This double dialing happens cause our ping is super high! Whenever the ping is low it won't double dial! I called Solavei and try to put my imei number in their system and they keep telling is not compatible! Does any one have the imei number to a Nexus 4 from T-Mobile?

That's a problem the imei is not compatible. You have to use a dummy imei.

How did you figure that out? Excuse my ignorance put the ping is controlled by t mobile right? Or your location?

hectorbribiesca

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but the dummy imei is not working for me either! I found a place where I had good ping and I tried numerous calls both on regular cell and trough Google voice and I had no problem at all! With this! Then I tried it else where and the ping was horrible and the problem came back! I figured I'm getting awful ping due to the imei number on file

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but the dummy imei is not working for me either! I found a place where I had good ping and I tried numerous calls both on regular cell and trough Google voice and I had no problem at all! With this! Then I tried it else where and the ping was horrible and the problem came back! I figured I'm getting awful ping due to the imei number on file

So the imei number controls the ping? This is interesting.

hectorbribiesca

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it does! But the configurations to the dummy imei don't match your phone then I think that cause a problem! Everyone in here that is not having this problem can you please post APN setting s to your device

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it does! But the configurations to the dummy imei don't match your phone then I think that cause a problem! Everyone in here that is not having this problem can you please post APN setting s to your device

The problem is that everyone on this thread is actually having a problem but we should know what apn people using because I'm having different problems with Google Voice.

stopswitch

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
The APNs I am using are "Solavei WEB" which is named solavei.

The other APN is the "Solavei MMS" APN which is named solavei also and uses the MMS proxy address and IP with port 8080.

I am having the double dial issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4

chrispomeroy

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a nexus 4, solavei, and use Google Voice. When I dial using the native dialer, I immediately hear the tone that signifies an ended call, ("beep"), and the phone continues to ring and show the correct destination number. Outside of this weird tone, I do not have any issues with calls being logged in my phone log, just the correct numbers are logged, so its unnerving but not causing any problems. I have google voice set up to only place international calls.

I found this thread because of another issue I was having with GV: I could not get google voice to pick up my voicemails, they were only going to Solavei. This was fixed by updating the numbers listed in the call forwarding settings on the phone (inserting my GV number in the entries marked "Forward when busy" "Forward when unanswered", and "forward when unreachable"). I couldn't figure out why GV wasn't collecting my voicemails because the phone settings did in fact state that Google Voice was set as the Voicemail option. Hope this helps someone in an unrelated problem...

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a nexus 4, solavei, and use Google Voice. When I dial using the native dialer, I immediately hear the tone that signifies an ended call, ("beep"), and the phone continues to ring and show the correct destination number. Outside of this weird tone, I do not have any issues with calls being logged in my phone log, just the correct numbers are logged, so its unnerving but not causing any problems. I have google voice set up to only place international calls.

I found this thread because of another issue I was having with GV: I could not get google voice to pick up my voicemails, they were only going to Solavei. This was fixed by updating the numbers listed in the call forwarding settings on the phone (inserting my GV number in the entries marked "Forward when busy" "Forward when unanswered", and "forward when unreachable"). I couldn't figure out why GV wasn't collecting my voicemails because the phone settings did in fact state that Google Voice was set as the Voicemail option. Hope this helps someone in an unrelated problem...

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Any further developments?

Sent from my Nexus 4

I only wish. I can't handle this as I run a business off of my phone.

I'm switching t mobile prepaid at end of cycle and just turning off the their voicemail. I am also looking at Straight talk ($45 a month with 2 meg cap using t mobile).

I just tested t mobile and everything works properly. This is a solavei issue in its entirety and they won't take this issue seriously until people start taking their money elsewhere.

I was hoping for at least some response.

At least you save 15 bucks a month with straight talk..... Only benefit.

hectorbribiesca

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I only wish. I can't handle this as I run a business off of my phone.

I'm switching t mobile prepaid at end of cycle and just turning off the their voicemail. I am also looking at Straight talk ($45 a month with 2 meg cap using t mobile).

I just tested t mobile and everything works properly. This is a solavei issue in its entirety and they won't take this issue seriously until people start taking their money elsewhere.

I was hoping for at least some response.

At least you save 15 bucks a month with straight talk..... Only benefit.

That's sucks! But some guy had the same issues on roger and he replaced the Sim and said it fixed it! I'm thinking the Sim has to fit snuged in the tray! Mine Sim kind of slides from side to side! So that might be the problem! Also a lot of people having this issue cut their own Sim card!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781