Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Default Solavei and Google Voice

Does anyone using Solavei have it working properly with Google voice on the Nexus 4?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    hectorbribiesca likes this.

Default Re: Solavei and Google Voice

dont see why it wouldn't work. the nexus 4 has the right frequencies and you'd just have to put in the SIM and set up the APN settings.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Would you happen to have solavei? And Google voice?

Quote Originally Posted by WilmaFinklestein View Post
    dont see why it wouldn't work. the nexus 4 has the right frequencies and you'd just have to put in the SIM and set up the APN settings.

You don't even have to have a carrier for google voice to work...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    You don't even have to have a carrier for google voice to work...
    Would you happen to have Solavei and be using Google voice?

I swear I can't find 1 person who has Solavei and uses Google voice and has a Nexus 4.

Maybe I am the only person thus far.

I literally need 1 person to confirm that it works for them to help me troubleshoot my problem.

Dude it doesn't matter the carrier. What part about that don't you understand?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    Would you happen to have Solavei and be using Google voice?

I swear I can't find 1 person who has Solavei and uses Google voice and has a Nexus 4.

Maybe I am the only person thus far.

I literally need 1 person to confirm that it works for them to help me troubleshoot my problem.

Check out this article, Taylor seems to be pretty happy with this exact setup.

Let me know your thoughts too. I'm currently on the TMo $30 plan but noticed Solavei is offering your first month free, and for only $20 more, it's unlimited calling, data roaming and call forwarding.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

It's working nicely on my myTouch 4g, since I'm still waiting on my N4!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Dude it doesn't matter the carrier. What part about that don't you understand?
    My friend......What part do you not understand? It DOES NOT work properly on my phone. That's the point of this post. If you don't have Solavei with a Nexus 4 running Google voice personally then you have nothing at all to contribute to this thread.

It worked fine on my galaxy Nexus, the Nexus 4 with google voice works fine with at&t sim but it double dials with Solavei.....

I am looking for 1 person ANYONE who has this setup exactly. Then I will know if the problem is specific to my phone or my sim card. This is troubleshooting 101....

Troubleshooting 101 would be describing your problem to us.

TheLibertarian likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

When I dial a number on my phone using Google voice with a Nexus 4 and Solavei service, it double dials.

It will dial the number I am calling as well as the google exchange number, while this is technically normal, the problem is that it shows the google exchange number when I am in that call and also in the call log.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Troubleshooting 101 would be describing your problem to us.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

It is carrier dependent. Just because you have Google Voice with a Google number doesn't mean the app is going to properly work on your phone for Voicemail. I had Virgin Mobile in the past and Google Voice does not work with Virgin Mobile.

Party like a Ninja Star

When I dial a number on my phone using Google voice with a Nexus 4 and Solavei service, it double dials.

It will dial the number I am calling as well as the google exchange number, while this is technically normal, the problem is that it shows the google exchange number when I am in that call and also in the call log.

Are you dialing through GV or through the native dialer?

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Going through native dialer.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Are you dialing through GV or through the native dialer?

I have the same exact setup and problem. I tried replacing the SIM and I get the same thing with the new one. I've had it for about a month now and doesn't go away. Won't do it in other phones though. I tried a GS3 and GN. Also, it does the double dialing even when Google Voice is turned OFF, so I don't think it related to that at all.

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wrdcndn View Post
    I have the same exact setup and problem. I tried replacing the SIM and I get the same thing with the new one. I've had it for about a month now and doesn't go away. Won't do it in other phones though. I tried a GS3 and GN. Also, it does the double dialing even when Google Voice is turned OFF, so I don't think it related to that at all.
    What do you mean Google Voice is turned off? If you have the app installed, and set to make calls go through, it doesn't matter if the app isn't active when you are calling. It will activate itself and intercept the all.

By the way, what are the people you call seeing? Are they seeing your Google Voice number?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

You are a life saver!

I needed this problem duplicated and I finally found someone who has it!

This is a good thing, we need to get as many people on this thread as possible so we can make this issue known and get it fixed.

I only have the issue with google voice dialing and I do not have the issue with the Solavei number dialing. I sent for a Mico sim card and I am getting a new number. I want to see if a fresh number corrects it.

At&t sim card works just fine so it's either a t mobile or Solavei issue. Can you try a t mobile sim card? Do you know anyone that would allow you to pop in their sim to dial a few calls?

Quote Originally Posted by wrdcndn View Post

ZOMG I've found someone!!

I've been googling to see anyone else is having this problem on their Nexus 4! I seem to be having this same issue where I use the native Dialier, then after a split second it switches to the seemingly random Google Voice relay number. It's driving me nuts! I was using T-Mobile pre-paid before and this wasn't a problem so my guess is that it's probably a Solavei issue. I'm considering trying StraightTalk to see if the issue is present on their service.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Christ almighty there is 3 of us!

Alright, check straight talk tmobile if you can. As I said At&t is fine. We gotta determine if this is a solavei or tmobile issue. Then we know who to contact to get it looked at.

Wonderful news.
    Quote Originally Posted by passerbyer View Post
    ZOMG I've found someone!!

I've been googling to see anyone else is having this problem on their Nexus 4! I seem to be having this same issue where I use the native Dialier, then after a split second it switches to the seemingly random Google Voice relay number. It's driving me nuts! I was using T-Mobile pre-paid before and this wasn't a problem so my guess is that it's probably a Solavei issue. I'm considering trying StraightTalk to see if the issue is present on their service.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Oops. You were using tmobile with the nexus 4? If so we have a solavei issue. Just confirm that please and then we forward this thread to Solavei.
    Christ almighty there is 3 of us!

Alright, check straight talk tmobile if you can. As I said At&t is fine. We gotta determine if this is a solavei or tmobile issue. Then we know who to contact to get it looked at.

Wonderful news.

YES!!!! I FOUND SOMEONE ELSE.

I have been using Solavei for over a month now. I used it on my galaxy nexus and Google voice did not have this issue. As soon as I popped my Sim into my nexus four I have been having this issue.

Here is my description of the issue. I dial out using Google voice, it dials the number correctly in the dialer app. Then before connecting the call, it hangs up and dials a random inbound Google voice number exchange. The call goes through but the dialer records the conversation as two numbers.

Using Solavei with correct APN settings via Google Voice on the Nexus four. San Diego CA.

The other issue I have also been having recently up to one week ago is GOD AWFUL HORRIBLE CONNECTION SPEEDS. The connection stalls out 1 out of 5 times when using the cell radio. I know its god damn Solace I because on WiFi it doesn't happen.

If solavei does not fix this soon. I will leave and not look back.
    Sent from my Nexus 4
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

YEAH!!!!!!

There are officially 4 of us!!!!!

Guess what this means, that everyone who has Solavei and the Nexus 4 and Google voice are most likely gonna have this issue. I They gotta address this and I suspect that they will.

I will email this thread to my rep and all of us should do the same. We gotta get this to the tech Dept.

I just got my Solavei new micro sim in the mail. I am gonna start with a fresh number and new sim to see if I can shake the issue. If that doesn't work let's email Solavei to correct, if not then most of us will probably have to seek other prepaid providers.

Early Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by stopswitch View Post
    YES!!!! I FOUND SOMEONE ELSE.

I have been using Solavei for over a month now. I used it on my galaxy nexus and Google voice did not have this issue. As soon as I popped my Sim into my nexus four I have been having this issue.

Here is my description of the issue. I dial out using Google voice, it dials the number correctly in the dialer app. Then before connecting the call, it hangs up and dials a random inbound Google voice number exchange. The call goes through but the dialer records the conversation as two numbers.

Using Solavei with correct APN settings via Google Voice on the Nexus four. San Diego CA.

The other issue I have also been having recently up to one week ago is GOD AWFUL HORRIBLE CONNECTION SPEEDS. The connection stalls out 1 out of 5 times when using the cell radio. I know its god damn Solace I because on WiFi it doesn't happen.

If solavei does not fix this soon. I will leave and not look back.
    Sent from my Nexus 4

I've been having about 0.1mbps download since about Sunday on my nexus 4. The same dialing thing with Google voice happens for me also but that doesn't bother me as much as the slowed data having not even met the 4gb max.

When I called customer service (866-Solavei)... They said they they don't know how to look up my data usage. But, they could confirm that I had NOT been throttled.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I actually just got off the phone with one of the founding members and he is gonna bring this issue to the attention of the technology department so they can look into this.

They the will report back to this thread or I will report back to this once so information comes back.

I also changed sim cards and got a new number but that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Chin View Post
    I've been having about 0.1mbps download since about Sunday on my nexus 4. The same dialing thing with Google voice happens for me also but that doesn't bother me as much as the slowed data having not even met the 4gb max.

When I called customer service (866-Solavei)... They said they they don't know how to look up my data usage. But, they could confirm that I had NOT been throttled.

Finally i found you guys! same issue here with the double dialing! steps i have already completed and still has not corrected the issue!
    already replaced sim! didnt work
    already replaced device for another new nexus 4! didnt work
    im glad to hear that solavei will look into this issue! as far as data speeds go! im getting great speeds... keep in mind t-mobile is upgrading towers so sometimes you might get slow speeds till those towers go back up!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast