Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Are you serious?

This definitely isn't normal.
    Like 6tr6tr already said, maybe factory reset the phone. However, it could just very well be the battery's fault - is there anyway you could try another battery?
    If you do decide to go for a factory reset make sure you follow all the safety measures in order to not loose any important data. Here's a good article on how to ensure that:

See "Android OS" and it's 23%? that's why your battery is dying quickly.

Things that poll in the background such as Currents, Pulse, Facebook, and other apps, will frequently wake the device up from sleep and request data(even with the screen off). I'd rather have it poll data when I open the app, vs doing it itself in the background. Especially since I may not open that app today.

I turned off almost all background tasks and my Android OS never hits above 5% and my battery easily all day.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post

Things that poll in the background such as Currents, Pulse, Facebook, and other apps, will frequently wake the device up from sleep and request data(even with the screen off). I'd rather have it poll data when I open the app, vs doing it itself in the background. Especially since I may not open that app today.

I turned off almost all background tasks and my Android OS never hits above 5% and my battery easily all day.
    He says he does that, I'm not sure what the difference between android OS and android system is though.

Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    if by condition you me drain the battery then fully charge it then yes.....anyway i think those are just myths, i don't think it actually helps but i still did it anyway.

could it be something with android 4.2.1? a bug?
    Conditioning a brand new Li-po battery is not a myth but is definitely required. Conditioning a battery is just using the device with the battery as you would normally plan to use it from 100% to 4% then doing a full charge. Conditioning take any where from 5-15 cycles after that period of time you can not condition the battery again it is set.

Battery "calibration" is a myth. There is nothing you can do mid-life span of a battery to reset it. All that can happen is resetting the indicator of the battery level shown on the device.

I also fly R/C Helicopters and they use Li-po batteries and I have dealt with 100s of them. Every single one has gone through there conditioning cycle. Most Li-po batteries will gain about 10%-20% after a proper conditioning.

If after the first 15 cycles you continue to experience this kind of life span return it.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post

like i said, i don't run any of that crap and i've shut off everything and made sure everything is shut down. from apps to services.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12