Are you serious?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
really? i barely used the phone. everyone is turned off except wifi and i did not even use the the browser. this can't be real. only that much time and it's almost halfway dead and i barely used it. i know there have been battery threads before but man... how can it be this horrible. btw juice defender don't do crap, i've had it for the today and yesterday, was crap so i uninstalled. had brightness are low as i can without making me squint.

screenshot2012121900064.png

screenshot2012121900004.png

screenshot2012121823595.png

screenshot2012121823595.png

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... that is really horrible for this, I'm not sure what the problem is.
I'm not sure but I don't think juice defender does anything, I don't believe in this battery applications.
It seems that the android OS is taking a lot of battery (not sure what is different between that and Android system) which may be effecting your battery life by maybe 20% or so.
Maybe you have a faulty battery? and did you condition it (heard it helps but someone says it doesn't for high end smart phones)

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... that is really horrible for this, I'm not sure what the problem is.
I'm not sure but I don't think juice defender does anything, I don't believe in this battery applications.
It seems that the android OS is taking a lot of battery (not sure what is different between that and Android system) which may be effecting your battery life by maybe 20% or so.
Maybe you have a faulty battery? and did you condition it (heard it helps but someone says it doesn't for high end smart phones)
if by condition you me drain the battery then fully charge it then yes.....anyway i think those are just myths, i don't think it actually helps but i still did it anyway.

could it be something with android 4.2.1? a bug?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
if by condition you me drain the battery then fully charge it then yes.....anyway i think those are just myths, i don't think it actually helps but i still did it anyway.

could it be something with android 4.2.1? a bug?

yeah, same with juice defender but I trust conditioning it more than that. Well then that's odd.
It could be something with 4.2.1, it is a new software. Didn't people with iPhone 4S have the same problem with extensive battery drainage when the new OS went out with siri? This could be the same thing I guess but you are the only one that has been complaining so far.
You can ask google about getting a replacement device or a solution to this.

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
That screenshot shows the task manager built into Android.

I checked on my N4, don't have that running and then checked the market and that is an app. Unless AOKP takes it out and Google also makes it available in the market, in that case disregard my statement.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Am I reading this right? 4 hours in, lots of screen time, and your still above 50% battery? Not great, but not worth pitching a fit over.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Doooshty

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Try going into Maps > settings > location settings > report from this device (make sure its unchecked) I've heard of this solving a lot of battery issues. Also delete the task manager, it hurts more than helps.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I checked on my N4, don't have that running and then checked the market and that is an app. Unless AOKP takes it out and Google also makes it available in the market, in that case disregard my statement.

It isn't a separate app. It's one of the views under Settings/Apps and it's in the build of AOKP that I'm running on my Nexus 4.

View attachment 53564

Sent from my Nexus 4

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
really? i barely used the phone. everyone is turned off except wifi and i did not even use the the browser. this can't be real. only that much time and it's almost halfway dead and i barely used it. i know there have been battery threads before but man... how can it be this horrible. btw juice defender don't do crap, i've had it for the today and yesterday, was crap so i uninstalled. had brightness are low as i can without making me squint.

Something is definitely wrong. My phone loses about 2% every 5-6 hours when just idling. Maybe factory reset the phone? Have you disabled Currents and any other built in google apps that you don't use?

rdogger

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Total misunderstanding. In his screenshot one of the apps running is advanced task manager. That is what I was referring to.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Try going into Maps > settings > location settings > report from this device (make sure its unchecked) I've heard of this solving a lot of battery issues. Also delete the task manager, it hurts more than helps.
dude i've turned off everything.... i turn off this setting LONGGG ago. i turned off syncing and any internet or download requests from any apps.

yea i've deleted the task manager to see maybe if it was the problem and so far it's the same.

i then thought that maybe adfree was the problem but again, uninstall adfree didn't help.

some people are telling it it has something to do with wake locks, so i'm check that out cause this is ridiculous....can't use a phone that has this crappy battery life

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Something is definitely wrong. My phone loses about 2% every 5-6 hours when just idling. Maybe factory reset the phone? Have you disabled Currents and any other built in google apps that you don't use?
i don't use any of google's crappy apps, and i'm not someone who uses widgets or anything. i'm more about functionality than looks so i've shut off everything. i've even used a black wallpaper but i guess that don't help with this screen. and i've already done factory reset before this. maybe the problem is the rooting? did unlocking bootloader and rooting somehow cause battery drain?

i might just have to go back to using a flip phone + ipod touch hahaha

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
WOW BATTERY WAS AT 41% WITH WIFI ON. then i turned chrome to do a google search and 2 mins later it dropped to 38%...what?!?!?@!

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
How long have you had this phone? Battery conditioning takes more than a couple of charge depletions. I've had mine a couple of weeks and am noticing that battery holding its charge better now than when I got it. Same with the Anker 1900mAH battery I got for my Sensation 4G, it took 4 or 5 discharges before I noticed that it lasted a few hours longer than the stock 1520mAH.

I hope it works out for you.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
How long have you had this phone? Battery conditioning takes more than a couple of charge depletions. I've had mine a couple of weeks and am noticing that battery holding its charge better now than when I got it. Same with the Anker 1900mAH battery I got for my Sensation 4G, it took 4 or 5 discharges before I noticed that it lasted a few hours longer than the stock 1520mAH.

I hope it works out for you.

imo, battery conditioning is just a bull myth. just like burning a headphone and i've had it for a week now