Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Are you serious?

really? i barely used the phone. everyone is turned off except wifi and i did not even use the the browser. this can't be real. only that much time and it's almost halfway dead and i barely used it. i know there have been battery threads before but man... how can it be this horrible. btw juice defender don't do crap, i've had it for the today and yesterday, was crap so i uninstalled. had brightness are low as i can without making me squint.

Default Re: Are you serious?

Yeah... that is really horrible for this, I'm not sure what the problem is.
    I'm not sure but I don't think juice defender does anything, I don't believe in this battery applications.
    It seems that the android OS is taking a lot of battery (not sure what is different between that and Android system) which may be effecting your battery life by maybe 20% or so.
    Maybe you have a faulty battery? and did you condition it (heard it helps but someone says it doesn't for high end smart phones)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Yeah... that is really horrible for this, I'm not sure what the problem is.
    I'm not sure but I don't think juice defender does anything, I don't believe in this battery applications.
    It seems that the android OS is taking a lot of battery (not sure what is different between that and Android system) which may be effecting your battery life by maybe 20% or so.
    Maybe you have a faulty battery? and did you condition it (heard it helps but someone says it doesn't for high end smart phones)
    if by condition you me drain the battery then fully charge it then yes.....anyway i think those are just myths, i don't think it actually helps but i still did it anyway.

could it be something with android 4.2.1? a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    if by condition you me drain the battery then fully charge it then yes.....anyway i think those are just myths, i don't think it actually helps but i still did it anyway.

could it be something with android 4.2.1? a bug?
    yeah, same with juice defender but I trust conditioning it more than that. Well then that's odd.
    It could be something with 4.2.1, it is a new software. Didn't people with iPhone 4S have the same problem with extensive battery drainage when the new OS went out with siri? This could be the same thing I guess but you are the only one that has been complaining so far.
    You can ask google about getting a replacement device or a solution to this.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

I would recommend getting rid of the task manager it's not needed. Probably doing more harm than good.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by rdogger View Post
    I would recommend getting rid of the task manager it's not needed. Probably doing more harm than good.
    That screenshot shows the task manager that's included with Android.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    That screenshot shows the task manager built into Android.
    I checked on my N4, don't have that running and then checked the market and that is an app. Unless AOKP takes it out and Google also makes it available in the market, in that case disregard my statement.

Am I reading this right? 4 hours in, lots of screen time, and your still above 50% battery? Not great, but not worth pitching a fit over.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Try going into Maps > settings > location settings > report from this device (make sure its unchecked) I've heard of this solving a lot of battery issues. Also delete the task manager, it hurts more than helps.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM

I checked on my N4, don't have that running and then checked the market and that is an app. Unless AOKP takes it out and Google also makes it available in the market, in that case disregard my statement.
    It isn't a separate app. It's one of the views under Settings/Apps and it's in the build of AOKP that I'm running on my Nexus 4.

Attachment 53564

Sent from my Nexus 4

really? i barely used the phone. everyone is turned off except wifi and i did not even use the the browser. this can't be real. only that much time and it's almost halfway dead and i barely used it. i know there have been battery threads before but man... how can it be this horrible. btw juice defender don't do crap, i've had it for the today and yesterday, was crap so i uninstalled. had brightness are low as i can without making me squint.
    Something is definitely wrong. My phone loses about 2% every 5-6 hours when just idling. Maybe factory reset the phone? Have you disabled Currents and any other built in google apps that you don't use?

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Total misunderstanding. In his screenshot one of the apps running is advanced task manager. That is what I was referring to.
    NotJustAPhone likes this.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM

Total misunderstanding. In his screenshot one of the apps running is advanced task manager. That is what I was referring to.
    No problem. I agree that he should get rid of Advanced Task Manager.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I am pretty sure there is a bug that is causing the battery drain. Hopefully google will iron it out.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Doooshty View Post
    Try going into Maps > settings > location settings > report from this device (make sure its unchecked) I've heard of this solving a lot of battery issues. Also delete the task manager, it hurts more than helps.
    dude i've turned off everything.... i turn off this setting LONGGG ago. i turned off syncing and any internet or download requests from any apps.

yea i've deleted the task manager to see maybe if it was the problem and so far it's the same.

i then thought that maybe adfree was the problem but again, uninstall adfree didn't help.

some people are telling it it has something to do with wake locks, so i'm check that out cause this is ridiculous....can't use a phone that has this crappy battery life
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Something is definitely wrong. My phone loses about 2% every 5-6 hours when just idling. Maybe factory reset the phone? Have you disabled Currents and any other built in google apps that you don't use?
    i don't use any of google's crappy apps, and i'm not someone who uses widgets or anything. i'm more about functionality than looks so i've shut off everything. i've even used a black wallpaper but i guess that don't help with this screen. and i've already done factory reset before this. maybe the problem is the rooting? did unlocking bootloader and rooting somehow cause battery drain?

i might just have to go back to using a flip phone + ipod touch hahaha
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

WOW BATTERY WAS AT 41% WITH WIFI ON. then i turned chrome to do a google search and 2 mins later it dropped to 38%...what?!?!?@!

How long have you had this phone? Battery conditioning takes more than a couple of charge depletions. I've had mine a couple of weeks and am noticing that battery holding its charge better now than when I got it. Same with the Anker 1900mAH battery I got for my Sensation 4G, it took 4 or 5 discharges before I noticed that it lasted a few hours longer than the stock 1520mAH.

I hope it works out for you.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    How long have you had this phone? Battery conditioning takes more than a couple of charge depletions. I've had mine a couple of weeks and am noticing that battery holding its charge better now than when I got it. Same with the Anker 1900mAH battery I got for my Sensation 4G, it took 4 or 5 discharges before I noticed that it lasted a few hours longer than the stock 1520mAH.

I hope it works out for you.
    imo, battery conditioning is just a bull myth. just like burning a headphone and i've had it for a week now

imo, battery conditioning is just a bull myth. just like burning a headphone and i've had it for a week now
    ...works for studio lighting, too.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

Restore the phone to factory condition (unrooted, no custom roms, no extra apps of any kind) and test. This is the only way to separate hardware problems from software bugs / user error.

i don't use any of google's crappy apps, and i'm not someone who uses widgets or anything. i'm more about functionality than looks so i've shut off everything. i've even used a black wallpaper but i guess that don't help with this screen. and i've already done factory reset before this. maybe the problem is the rooting? did unlocking bootloader and rooting somehow cause battery drain?

i might just have to go back to using a flip phone + ipod touch hahaha
    You might not use them but they're still running in the background if you don't disable them.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

dude' i've disabled them. i'm not dumb like that. you can check what's running in the background. i've check.

Yeah. I can tell that you've probably done everything to aid this problem but it won't go away, i'm thinking defective battery.

I have had a bad brand new battery before...it happens. The only thing that sucks with the N4 is you have to get the whole device replaced to fix it. I don't know what the situation is like at Google right now, but a couple of weeks ago they were maintaining stock exclusively for replacement, so it's possible that you may not have to wait more than a few shipping days.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast