They werent kidding in the reviews...

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
This phone is super slippery on most surfaces. Its kinda funny watching it dance it around when it rings.

So yeaaaaa....if you place your phone on a flat surface a lot....I would highly recommend getting some kind of case, cause this thing will fly around and fall off!

Also, since this is my first nexus and a massivvvvveeee upgrade from my old HTC desire (lasted me well this did), I am super impressed with this phone. The OS is amazing, the screen is amazing, the camera is brilliant, the sound quality is actually a lot better than reviewers had me believe. Super fast performance! Love it!

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
SUPER SLIPPERY! I managed to drop mine while texting someone in my car(No joke!) and it fell between the seat, and center console. Be careful with this phone folks, they're slippery, fragile, and hard to come by!

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
SUPER SLIPPERY! I managed to drop mine while texting someone in my car(No joke!) and it fell between the seat, and center console. Be careful with this phone folks, they're slippery, fragile, and hard to come by!

You were not driving at the same time, were you?:mad:

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but he was steering with his knees. His other hand had a burrito and it would just be silly to steer with a forearm while eating and texting. Plus the radio was so loud that any yelling from hit pedestrians wouldn't both him. Safety first.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.... put it on a table and it can fall of, not easily, but it can without anyone touching it. You also can't use it on handed on a surface, you have to support it with another finger.

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I got a back screen protector on it that is pretty grippy. That helps a lot when it comes to how slippery this phone is. I never, put this phone facing down though. The front screen on a normal surface can make this phone slip around like ice!

qreepii

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I tended to put it on my workbench on top of my wallet like I've always done. I was soldering the other day and noticed it was slowly sliding off of the wallet. Thankfully I grabbed it before it dove toward the floor.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
That's why I wouldn't use mine until my case came in. I ordered on the 27th and had the 3-4 weeks ship time and got the quick shipment like many others did (regardless of the estimated ship time). My case hadn't gotten here yet so I just used my old phone until a day later when my case came in. For the record, I use the i_Blason Slim fit S TPU case and it is great. Grippy and fits perfect around the back and sides.
IMAG0021.jpgPicture 194.jpg

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
That's why I wouldn't use mine until my case came in. I ordered on the 27th and had the 3-4 weeks ship time and got the quick shipment like many others did (regardless of the estimated ship time). My case hadn't gotten here yet so I just used my old phone until a day later when my case came in. For the record, I use the i_Blason Slim fit S TPU case and it is great. Grippy and fits perfect around the back and sides.

I've seen those on amazon and ebay. Worth getting then I guess? Think they have loads of colour schemes, but the see through one is probably best with this phone...or maybe black?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Scientific American magazine just did an article about the Nexus 4 and it's glass back. Seems the glass is multi layered and by rubbing action creates a massive electrical charge. The layered glass acts as an insulator and capacitor of sorts. The massive charge has, in simple terms, highly jiggily atoms which can indeed tend the levitate the Nexus 4! This has been compared to the mysterious scooting rocks in the salt flats of America. Where stones have left a trail as they mysteriously travel across the ground. Has anyone received a shock yet from touching their Nexus 4? Be careful, you may need to attach some forms of grounding cable, there may be a new product coming out for this. A flat copper plate with a ground cable to earth. You simply drive a round into the earth, attach the cable and set you Nexus4 upon the plate at night to keep it grounded and stop this mysterious levitation. Good luck and be safe

VSG28

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 53864View attachment 53865

I got the same case as well, I had purchased it as a temporary case till there were more options but so far I am very happy with this.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Those S-curve cases are all made by one company and then repackaged for everyone else. I got a solid black one for $5 shipped from California off eBay that arrived in three days. It fits well and keeps it from sliding all over. Money in my pocket.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 53864View attachment 53865

I don't know why everyone likes that case, I don't like it personally. Also as you can see the case is actually touching and ruining the look of the case too on the bottom and near the top.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
1.91 from ebay and worth every penny (but not many more than that). But do get the opaque ones. My wife had a purple see thru and it did the same thing no matter how you cleaned it. Looked like there was water or moisture or somthing under the clear part where it stuck to the phone. I prefered my solid black one. Now she has a purple Ionic Guardian Armor case and I have an Exact Armor case. Same case but Exact Armor is only in black and is 3.95 with prime. Exact (same seller as the Exact Armor) is also selling the poetic bumper oddly enough.