Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default They werent kidding in the reviews...

This phone is super slippery on most surfaces. Its kinda funny watching it dance it around when it rings.

So yeaaaaa....if you place your phone on a flat surface a lot....I would highly recommend getting some kind of case, cause this thing will fly around and fall off!

Also, since this is my first nexus and a massivvvvveeee upgrade from my old HTC desire (lasted me well this did), I am super impressed with this phone. The OS is amazing, the screen is amazing, the camera is brilliant, the sound quality is actually a lot better than reviewers had me believe. Super fast performance! Love it!
    yfan, big_time2 and MERCDROID like this.

Default Re: They werent kidding in the reviews...

SUPER SLIPPERY! I managed to drop mine while texting someone in my car(No joke!) and it fell between the seat, and center console. Be careful with this phone folks, they're slippery, fragile, and hard to come by!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    SUPER SLIPPERY! I managed to drop mine while texting someone in my car(No joke!) and it fell between the seat, and center console. Be careful with this phone folks, they're slippery, fragile, and hard to come by!
    You were not driving at the same time, were you?
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
    MERCDROID and Tabs85 like this.

Yeah but he was steering with his knees. His other hand had a burrito and it would just be silly to steer with a forearm while eating and texting. Plus the radio was so loud that any yelling from hit pedestrians wouldn't both him. Safety first.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime2 View Post
    You were not driving at the same time, were you?
    Definitely not, I was parked! I certainly know better, and am smarter than that! But good call, the phone is just very slippery. Especially if you're not careful!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
    big_time2 and MERCDROID like this.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

That's why I'm glad the one I bought came with the bumper case

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Yeah.... put it on a table and it can fall of, not easily, but it can without anyone touching it. You also can't use it on handed on a surface, you have to support it with another finger.

I got a back screen protector on it that is pretty grippy. That helps a lot when it comes to how slippery this phone is. I never, put this phone facing down though. The front screen on a normal surface can make this phone slip around like ice!

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

I guess I'm super picky but I have a micro fiber cloth here on my desk that it sits on and also one at work.

I tended to put it on my workbench on top of my wallet like I've always done. I was soldering the other day and noticed it was slowly sliding off of the wallet. Thankfully I grabbed it before it dove toward the floor.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by davela72 View Post
    I guess I'm super picky but I have a micro fiber cloth here on my desk that it sits on and also one at work.
    Thats actually a good idea! I'm sure I have some micro fiber cloth lying around the house somewhere!

That's why I wouldn't use mine until my case came in. I ordered on the 27th and had the 3-4 weeks ship time and got the quick shipment like many others did (regardless of the estimated ship time). My case hadn't gotten here yet so I just used my old phone until a day later when my case came in. For the record, I use the i_Blason Slim fit S TPU case and it is great. Grippy and fits perfect around the back and sides.
    They werent kidding in the reviews...-imag0021.jpgThey werent kidding in the reviews...-picture-194.jpg
    Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. -Buddha-
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jian9007 View Post
    That's why I wouldn't use mine until my case came in. I ordered on the 27th and had the 3-4 weeks ship time and got the quick shipment like many others did (regardless of the estimated ship time). My case hadn't gotten here yet so I just used my old phone until a day later when my case came in. For the record, I use the i_Blason Slim fit S TPU case and it is great. Grippy and fits perfect around the back and sides.
    I've seen those on amazon and ebay. Worth getting then I guess? Think they have loads of colour schemes, but the see through one is probably best with this phone...or maybe black?

Scientific American magazine just did an article about the Nexus 4 and it's glass back. Seems the glass is multi layered and by rubbing action creates a massive electrical charge. The layered glass acts as an insulator and capacitor of sorts. The massive charge has, in simple terms, highly jiggily atoms which can indeed tend the levitate the Nexus 4! This has been compared to the mysterious scooting rocks in the salt flats of America. Where stones have left a trail as they mysteriously travel across the ground. Has anyone received a shock yet from touching their Nexus 4? Be careful, you may need to attach some forms of grounding cable, there may be a new product coming out for this. A flat copper plate with a ground cable to earth. You simply drive a round into the earth, attach the cable and set you Nexus4 upon the plate at night to keep it grounded and stop this mysterious levitation. Good luck and be safe
    The Practical BBQ'r !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0021.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	53864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 194.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	261.8 KB 
ID:	53865
    I got the same case as well, I had purchased it as a temporary case till there were more options but so far I am very happy with this.
    AppsLasVegas likes this.

I hate when I can't web browse with my Nexus 4 in the shower trying to remove the day's coating of grape jelly and strawberry preserves.

•SMH•

I had the iBlason case, too (really good case) but just received my Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case. Eggzelllent!
    •°•WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5•°•

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Those S-curve cases are all made by one company and then repackaged for everyone else. I got a solid black one for $5 shipped from California off eBay that arrived in three days. It fits well and keeps it from sliding all over. Money in my pocket.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0021.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	53864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 194.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	261.8 KB 
ID:	53865
    I don't know why everyone likes that case, I don't like it personally. Also as you can see the case is actually touching and ruining the look of the case too on the bottom and near the top.
    dmowry7300 likes this.

Someone paid more than $5 for one?
    •°•WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5•°•

1.91 from ebay and worth every penny (but not many more than that). But do get the opaque ones. My wife had a purple see thru and it did the same thing no matter how you cleaned it. Looked like there was water or moisture or somthing under the clear part where it stuck to the phone. I prefered my solid black one. Now she has a purple Ionic Guardian Armor case and I have an Exact Armor case. Same case but Exact Armor is only in black and is 3.95 with prime. Exact (same seller as the Exact Armor) is also selling the poetic bumper oddly enough.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM
    Stock

Ordered a white one for £2. Won't get it till after Christmas any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    I don't know why everyone likes that case, I don't like it personally. Also as you can see the case is actually touching and ruining the look of the case too on the bottom and near the top.
    That's just the moisture that is there from holding it. Without the case the heat/moisture of your hand would still touch it though it wouldn't look so obvious. The back of the phone is still pristine if I take the case off, which is all I need. I understand that everybody has their own preferences/favorites when it comes to cases though. This is actually the first case I have ever bought for a phone, due to the fragility of the glass back. I just wanted to protect it. No ever sees the back of my case anyway since I always set it down face up.
    Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. -Buddha-
    AppsLasVegas likes this.

Totally off topic but just had to give props to
    Tabs85 for your avatar freaking love it!!!!!!

Can't wait for Korra to come back.

Ok carry on LOL.
    Thanked by:
    Tabs85 
    codeda likes this.

Too bad we have to wait until 2013 before the next season... I am so looking forward to the continuation of the show....

If you got your phone, I recommend not taking off any of the plastic on the front and back, it helps keep the phone not slippery and doubles as a screen and back protector.

Quote Originally Posted by yukichi View Post
    If you got your phone, I recommend not taking off any of the plastic on the front and back, it helps keep the phone not slippery and doubles as a screen and back protector.
    Yeah tried that but I don't think it's designed for extended use. It started to peel off within a few days, but it did reduce the slippery-ness of the phone while it was still on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast