mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello all I am currently thinking about getting the Nexus 4 but among the specs I see not LTE compatibale. Now I have seen some things that say people are getting 4g LTE. That is really the only factor of me getting it or not getting it. If I dont get this one then DNA here I come even though I hate HTC's

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello all I am currently thinking about getting the Nexus 4 but among the specs I see not LTE compatibale. Now I have seen some things that say people are getting 4g LTE. That is really the only factor of me getting it or not getting it. If I dont get this one then DNA here I come even though I hate HTC's

If you want pure Google, and no carrier interruption, you will sacrifice LTE.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

Very few places in the US where you will actually get LTE with AT&T on Band 4. If LTE is an expectation of yours then the Nexus 4 should be off your list. Also carrier is another thing to consider. I'm sure you are aware but I'm going to mention it anyway, the Nexus 4 is not compatible with Verizon. So if Verizon and LTE are deal breakers in your decision then the DNA would be the way to go (excellent device by the way other than verizon's horrid corporate color scheme they shamelessly force on their top of the line Droid branded phones). I've had the Nexus for a few days and will gladly sacrifice LTE for the pure Google experience and faster updates. I'm getting speeds of 6-10 mbps down and 1-2 up on AT&T's HSPA network. Haven't decided for sure if I'm keeping it over my Note 2 as there are other factors I have to decide if I can live with or not such as battery life and smaller screen after having the gigantic screen of the Note 2.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Very few places in the US where you will actually get LTE with AT&T on Band 4. If LTE is an expectation of yours then the Nexus 4 should be off your list. Also carrier is another thing to consider. I'm sure you are aware but I'm going to mention it anyway, the Nexus 4 is not compatible with Verizon. So if Verizon and LTE are deal breakers in your decision then the DNA would be the way to go (excellent device by the way other than verizon's horrid corporate color scheme they shamelessly force on their top of the line Droid branded phones). I've had the Nexus for a few days and will gladly sacrifice LTE for the pure Google experience and faster updates. I'm getting speeds of 6-10 mbps down and 1-2 up on AT&T's HSPA network. Haven't decided for sure if I'm keeping it over my Note 2 as there are other factors I have to decide if I can live with or not such as battery life and smaller screen after having the gigantic screen of the Note 2.

No doubt my friend. Verizon's 3g network is among the fastest in the country and well their LTE is faster than most ISP's. The lte is not a deal breaker I was just asking because I was reading reviews of people actually getting LTE and yet the phone says it is not compatiable. Now I am sure Verizon will get it soon. I would go back to AT&T but out of them, Sprint, and Verizon. I like Verizon more all round. Thanks for the answers hope it comes out on Verizon until then DNA time.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
If LTE is a "must hace" thing for you, don't get this phone. It doesn't have it. Although my data speeds on TMo are the same they were on verizon's LTE network.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
If LTE is a "must hace" thing for you, don't get this phone. It doesn't have it. Although my data speeds on TMo are the same they were on verizon's LTE network.

Thing about ti was that I did not notice that VZ did nto support it so it is kind of out of the question for me. I will just use my nexus 7 for my google fix haha

paral3ellum

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
No doubt my friend. Verizon's 3g network is among the fastest in the country and well their LTE is faster than most ISP's. The lte is not a deal breaker I was just asking because I was reading reviews of people actually getting LTE and yet the phone says it is not compatiable. Now I am sure Verizon will get it soon. I would go back to AT&T but out of them, Sprint, and Verizon. I like Verizon more all round. Thanks for the answers hope it comes out on Verizon until then DNA time.

I don't know about everywhere else but in Rochester NY Verizon 3G is abysmal. The fastest I've ever seen is 2M down and 1M up; typically it's 1M down and about 500K up. I switched to the Nexus4 with ATT straight talk and i get 5-7M down and 1-3M up. I've gotten the same performance in PA, Maryland and the DC area as well; from my experience Verizon 3G is among the crappiest in the country.

Last edited:

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about everywhere else but in Rochester NY Verizon 3G is abysmal. The fastest I've ever seen is 2M down and 1M up; typically it's 1M down and about 500K up. I switched to the Nexus4 with ATT straight talk and i get 5-7M down and 1-3M up. I've gotten the same performance in PA, Maryland and the DC area as well; from my experience Verizon 3G is among the crappiest in the country.

Yep - Tmo is the king with 3G... and the hope is they can convert that dominance into LTE next year too.

wireless_average_speeds3-11348521.jpg

3G and 4G Wireless Speed Showdown: Which Networks Are Fastest? | PCWorld

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
N4 has the LTE radio that everyone knows about that you can use in canada. There are some places in the US where you can also use it but I heard that verizon is going to update their service to allow a one band LTE signal (I think that's what this is) to be used for LTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome