Visual Voicemail?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Visual voicemail? You mean like a video...? Dunno, never had an iphone before.

I don't know why they call it that...

With traditional voicemail, you have to call a number (sometimes your own, sometimes a number provided by your carrier; it is often setup as a speeddial number like "1") and go through a series of prompts to listen to your messages. Typically in the order in which they were received.

A Visual Voicemail app automatically downloads your waiting messages as simple audio files and prompts you (with a system notification) when one or more are available. You open the app, choose which voicemails to listen to - in any order - which to delete, forward, save, and so on. You can even forward a voicemail via MMS or email to yourself or anyone you choose.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why they call it that...

With traditional voicemail, you have to call a number (sometimes your own, sometimes a number provided by your carrier; it is often setup as a speeddial number like "1") and go through a series of prompts to listen to your messages. Typically in the order in which they were received.

A Visual Voicemail app automatically downloads your waiting messages as simple audio files and prompts you (with a system notification) when one or more are available. You open the app, choose which voicemails to listen to - in any order - which to delete, forward, save, and so on. You can even forward a voicemail via MMS or email to yourself or anyone you choose.

Ah. Well I know the google dial thing that is default doesn't have it, there are some on the play store and i heard GrooVe IP is good.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have AT&T and using my sim from my iPhone 4S into my Nexus 4 and no change to the Iphone 4S data plan which has visual voicemail...
With that said, following a forum members advice, I d/l and installed google voice and set to handle my voicemail for my mobile number.
Now when people call and no answer, it will go to my google voicemail and it will be accessible through the stock phone app showing up in recent calls and I can listen to it.
Or I can go to the google voice app and see my voicemails and listen or I can have them emailed and translated into text.

canuck68

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Google Voice is not available for us Canadians, so that is not an option. Tried Youmail and would not connect. Must be an incompatability issue with Rogers??

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
That's a carrier function, not a phone function. If your carrier has Visual Voicemail app then any customer of theirs can use it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums