Add contact to Sim card?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
how do i add a contact to my sim? i can only add it to the phone but i can't even export that number to my sim card....wtf..

also why does it ask me to sync when i add a new contact? i don't want to damn sync my personal numbers to your damn database , damn google. there's no add to even add new contacts without agreeing for it to be sync. then once you add the number to your phone, you can even export it to your sim card...why''??!?!
this phone continues to piss the sh*t out of me, actually not the phone, the phone is ok, but android and their stupid design....simple things that a simple flip phone does, this phone does not even have?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Dude! Sell the freakin' phone and go back to iOS, please! It is so obvious that you are hating this experience!

The powers that be in the tech world have clearly decided that no one wants or needs to store contacts on a SIM card anymore; that's why you can't find a way to do so. But if you are bound and determined, take a hint from the iOS world: There's an app for that! Search the Play Store; you'll find several.

As to syncing your contacts to your online Gmail account, you don't need to if you don't want to. Period.

PS: List the phone on eBay and I'll bet you a donut and coffee that you can sell it in a day or two for at least 50% more than you paid for it.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Dude! Sell the freakin' phone and go back to iOS, please! It is so obvious that you are hating this experience!

The powers that be in the tech world have clearly decided that no one wants or needs to store contacts on a SIM card anymore; that's why you can't find a way to do so. But if you are bound and determined, take a hint from the iOS world: There's an app for that! Search the Play Store; you'll find several.

As to syncing your contacts to your online Gmail account, you don't need to if you don't want to. Period.

PS: List the phone on eBay and I'll bet you a donut and coffee that you can sell it in a day or two for at least 50% more than you paid for it.
what???!?! many people store contacts on a sim card just like many people still us cd/dvd drives.....the only ones who are not using are have either been brainwashed or force to not use it. for example, apple removes dvd drives from their mac Desktops and tells people it's better and it's the future when it's really just them cutting costs. dumb people follow them. while others, though no dumb, have no choice since they were removed. so they were force not to use cd drives or forced to buy external drives.

the same is in this case. btw there's an android app that does this. so it clearly shows that people want to do it, but are forced not to.
it's not that it's the norm, it's just that companies are forcing people to make it the norm. again i'll use the apple example above. many people use dvd drives, then apple tells then that it's the future and no one needs dvd drives anymore. though people still want to do it, apple does not make it available in their devices. since it's not available, people are forced not to use or buy external drives. thus the number of people using internal drives goes down. this then becomes the "norm" even though it was pushed, forced and manufactured by the companies.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

and yea i contemplating about selling it, but it's a very hard choice since i need something to practice android app development on. does i keep it regardless of it's problems just to develop apps. i could buy an android tablet, but it would be completely useless since i would never use it except for app development . whereas the nexus 4, i can at least carry around, make calls and listen to music

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

oh btw here's another annoying feature. the nexus 4 only has vibrate, vibrate whenringing, or ringing only for phone settings.....where is the "vibrate THEN RING"? jesus. you going to tell me that people don't need vibrate then ring anymore? this is one of the most useful things out there, especially when i'm in class. google just had to reinvent the wheel and make it worse, right....

now i have to search for a third party app to do this or edit the ringtone to have a delay, taking extra steps for simple thing....seriously... google's design and UI is failing badly. here i thought google was great, that was until i bought the nexus 4. the whole experience, from trying to buy the item on a messed up server to actually using it.

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I used to develop apps for PalmOS devices; mostly specialized, manufacturing-related stuff which I sold through my own web site. I also did a few contract jobs for other companies.

A few years ago I looked into Android app development and, after toying with it a bit, decided it just wasn't worth the trouble. Why?

1) People were willing to pay $20, $30, even $50 for PalmOS apps if they received value in return. But no one wants to pay more than a few bucks for Android/iOS apps and the Play Store/iTunes Store takes a substantial portion of that! Bypass Play Store / iTunes Store? Very, very difficult to do...

2) The PalmOS world was fairly small. There were only a couple of screen sizes and resolutions you had to plan for and the os itself was extremely stable. The Android world is exactly the opposite - too many devices, too many os versions out there in widespread use, too many screen sizes (and ratios!!), too many screen resolutions, etc, etc. Developing for Android is a nightmare which just gets worse with each new device or os release!

3) Developing for iOS is a bit better as to the above items, but then Apple kicks in like the control-freaks they are and makes the developer's life difficult in other ways.

4) Did I mention that it is almost impossible for a developer to make any money working on Android apps? Sure, a few make gobs of the stuff, but most don't even earn enough to pay for their development tools. The New York Times had an article on this very subject within the last few weeks.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I used to develop apps for PalmOS devices; mostly specialized, manufacturing-related stuff which I sold through my own web site. I also did a few contract jobs for other companies.

A few years ago I looked into Android app development and, after toying with it a bit, decided it just wasn't worth the trouble. Why?

1) People were willing to pay $20, $30, even $50 for PalmOS apps if they received value in return. But no one wants to pay more than a few bucks for Android/iOS apps and the Play Store/iTunes Store takes a substantial portion of that! Bypass Play Store / iTunes Store? Very, very difficult to do...

2) The PalmOS world was fairly small. There were only a couple of screen sizes and resolutions you had to plan for and the os itself was extremely stable. The Android world is exactly the opposite - too many devices, too many os versions out there in widespread use, too many screen sizes (and ratios!!), too many screen resolutions, etc, etc. Developing for Android is a nightmare which just gets worse with each new device or os release!

3) Developing for iOS is a bit better as to the above items, but then Apple kicks in like the control-freaks they are and makes the developer's life difficult in other ways.

4) Did I mention that it is almost impossible for a developer to make any money working on Android apps? Sure, a few make gobs of the stuff, but most don't even earn enough to pay for their development tools. The New York Times had an article on this very subject within the last few weeks.

i see, thanks for the reply. very insightful, especially number 2. but i thought that the android sdk had a way to acknowledge for the different devices and screen sizes? but yea, the fragmentation seems crazy, at least IOS it's pretty much consolidated, so it's easier to develop for. if possible can you link me to that article if you somehow find it? i would love to read it.

also i noticed alot of things that are "illegal" are free available on the google play store, which is a benefit for the developer, since it reaches more people. for example, game emulators. on IOS, only people with jailbroken devices can access them, but the amount of people who jailbreaks their devices are actually small. on top of that, most people who are into jailbreaking, are also into pirating, so they wouldn't buy an item from the cydia store when they could just download it, thus cydia devs have a very small audience and less income. which is why there are not alot of great playstation emulators on IOS, cause it's not profitable. fpse and epsxe on the android however, has been very profitable due to the large audience base from the official store

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca