1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android System eating 50% of battery?

Has anybody experienced this? From all the screenshots I've seen it's always the screen eating up most of the battery, but right now "Android System" is responsible for 50%, followed by Screen at 24% and Android OS at 7%

Anybody know what's going on or if this is normal?

Default Re: Android System eating 50% of battery?

Something had to use 50% of your battery....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Something had to use 50% of your battery....

Exactly. Just because Android System used 50% of your battery, that doesn't mean it was draining it excessively.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Motorola DROID A855 (Retired) / Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 (Sold) / Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 (Sold) / Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 (Sold) / LGE Nexus 4 E960 / Samsung Nexus 10

ROM
    Stock

For me android os is the biggest user but Google knows about it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Android System eating 50% of battery?-uploadfromtaptalk1356076468234.jpg   Android System eating 50% of battery?-uploadfromtaptalk1356076480435.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

As long as it's normal or at least others are experiencing it and Google knows it's alright for now I suppose. I didn't notice this under today, and today my battery life was fine but I think lasted less than the last few days I've had this phone... I'm pretty sure before it used to be Screen eating most of the juice

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs85 View Post
    For me android os is the biggest user but Google knows about it.

But you're at 12 hours and still have 60% battery life. How can you imply that something is wrong? The point is that SOMETHING is going to use your battery. In this time frame the OS was the biggest user, but your battery life implies it was doing it efficiently.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Motorola DROID A855 (Retired) / Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 (Sold) / Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 (Sold) / Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 (Sold) / LGE Nexus 4 E960 / Samsung Nexus 10

Well you did have it sleep for 12 hours... so i mean that makes sense, you haven't used it at all.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by rootedVette View Post
    But you're at 12 hours and still have 60% battery life. How can you imply that something is wrong? The point is that SOMETHING is going to use your battery. In this time frame the OS was the biggest user, but your battery life implies it was doing it efficiently.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Well you did have it sleep for 12 hours... so i mean that makes sense, you haven't used it at all.

Not implying its completely wrong

Just saying its currently using the most when you dont do anything, while for others some other process seems to be doing that. That said, perhaps not for me, but others are having fairly big issues with this on the XDA site and thats what google has acknowledged and is looking into.

I'll only really find out how the phone lasts after I give it a proper day to day use. As it stands I've only had the screen on for about 35-40 mins.

Thaaaaaat saiiiiddddd.....

If it got to 64% by not doing anything in 12 hours of standby....then to bring it down to sub 10% battery...thats still only 30-35 hours on standby (or best case..50 hours). Surely on standby this phone should last more than a day and a half to 2 days? Or am I jumping the gun here? According to the info available online, it should last much longer than that? Something around the 250 hour range when the reception is perfectly fine...which for me it is. I get full bars and the cellular tower is fairly close by. If its remotely comparable, i'm short on 200 hours.

Maybe I just have too much crap installed...

Shouldny my graph look more like this one?

Last edited by Tabs85; 12-21-2012 at 03:48 AM.

try:
    - disabling everything in settings>wireless>cell broadcasts
    - disabling exchange services
    - disabling location services

worked for me with the same problem.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ido1985 View Post
    try:
    - disabling everything in settings>wireless>cell broadcasts
    - disabling exchange services
    - disabling location services

worked for me with the same problem.
    Yea will mess around with the settings over the next couple of weeks and see what differences it makes.

Looking at the stats Android OS has kept your phone awake for 11 of the 12 hours it's been on yet the screen hasn't been on hardly at all. There is almost certainly something going on there.

Best bet is to install Better Battery Stats (Can get it free over at XDA) and that should hopefully be able to tell you more specifics on what processes are keeping the phone awake.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wilkinson View Post
    Looking at the stats Android OS has kept your phone awake for 11 of the 12 hours it's been on yet the screen hasn't been on hardly at all. There is almost certainly something going on there.

Best bet is to install Better Battery Stats (Can get it free over at XDA) and that should hopefully be able to tell you more specifics on what processes are keeping the phone awake.

I'm assuming you're the one right at the bottom of this page :