Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Is it possible to only use 3G signals?

I've been looking around this phone but the only option I am given is: Only use 2G signal (saves battery) - (tick/untick)

If I tick it, I use 2G when I dont need to use 3G data, thats all well and good.....but when I do want to use 3G speeds, I cannot find an option that lets me pick just 3G? Unticking will allow the phone to automatically pick the 3G signal if its strong enough sure...but I wanted to force it to find it even if only for a coupld of minutes . At work my 2G signal is considerably stronger, so even after I untick it...it stays on 2G..even though I know there is some 3G signal around from my last phone.

My old phone (HTC desire) had the option of selecting 2G, 3G, or both and I was wondering if anyone found a way to force the nexus 4 to use 3G only or an app they know of?

Default Re: Is it possible to only use 3G signals?

Try the phone info app ..my sister uses it to turn off 4g on her gs3

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs85 View Post
    I've been looking around this phone but the only option I am given is: Only use 2G signal (saves battery) - (tick/untick)

If I tick it, I use 2G when I dont need to use 3G data, thats all well and good.....but when I do want to use 3G speeds, I cannot find an option that lets me pick just 3G? Unticking will allow the phone to automatically pick the 3G signal if its strong enough sure...but I wanted to force it to find it even if only for a coupld of minutes . At work my 2G signal is considerably stronger, so even after I untick it...it stays on 2G..even though I know there is some 3G signal around from my last phone.

My old phone (HTC desire) had the option of selecting 2G, 3G, or both and I was wondering if anyone found a way to force the nexus 4 to use 3G only or an app they know of?
    Yes there is ... either use the dial pad and type *#*#4636#*#* and then scroll down to network type and select "WCDMA Only" or WCDMA Prefered" which will only allow HSPA connections.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by lexcyn View Post
    Yes there is ... either use the dial pad and type *#*#4636#*#* and then scroll down to network type and select "WCDMA Only" or WCDMA Prefered" which will only allow HSPA connections.
    Tried that, didnt have any network type option at all :-/

Quote Originally Posted by lexcyn View Post