I've been looking around this phone but the only option I am given is: Only use 2G signal (saves battery) - (tick/untick)

If I tick it, I use 2G when I dont need to use 3G data, thats all well and good.....but when I do want to use 3G speeds, I cannot find an option that lets me pick just 3G? Unticking will allow the phone to automatically pick the 3G signal if its strong enough sure...but I wanted to force it to find it even if only for a coupld of minutes . At work my 2G signal is considerably stronger, so even after I untick it...it stays on 2G..even though I know there is some 3G signal around from my last phone.

My old phone (HTC desire) had the option of selecting 2G, 3G, or both and I was wondering if anyone found a way to force the nexus 4 to use 3G only or an app they know of?
    12-21-2012 06:17 AM
    Try the phone info app ..my sister uses it to turn off 4g on her gs3
    12-21-2012 06:22 AM
    I've been looking around this phone but the only option I am given is: Only use 2G signal (saves battery) - (tick/untick)

If I tick it, I use 2G when I dont need to use 3G data, thats all well and good.....but when I do want to use 3G speeds, I cannot find an option that lets me pick just 3G? Unticking will allow the phone to automatically pick the 3G signal if its strong enough sure...but I wanted to force it to find it even if only for a coupld of minutes . At work my 2G signal is considerably stronger, so even after I untick it...it stays on 2G..even though I know there is some 3G signal around from my last phone.

My old phone (HTC desire) had the option of selecting 2G, 3G, or both and I was wondering if anyone found a way to force the nexus 4 to use 3G only or an app they know of?
    Yes there is ... either use the dial pad and type *#*#4636#*#* and then scroll down to network type and select "WCDMA Only" or WCDMA Prefered" which will only allow HSPA connections.
    12-21-2012 07:40 AM
    Yes there is ... either use the dial pad and type *#*#4636#*#* and then scroll down to network type and select "WCDMA Only" or WCDMA Prefered" which will only allow HSPA connections.
    Tried that, didnt have any network type option at all :-/
    12-21-2012 09:34 AM
    01-22-2014 01:29 PM