Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default battery care

Hey, loving my new Nexus 4 so far. but seeing as it has a non-user-replaceable battery (my first such phone), I was wondering what types of things one should do to take care of that and not screw it up. For example, is it relatively safe to assume that all android-phone charges will work with it/not harm the battery for voltage reasons.

I do know that extreme heat is bad for it...so there's that. Thanks.

Default Re: battery care

The Nexus 4 adapter has the highest voltage output of the last three phones with MicroUSB I've owned so I feel safe using the older ones with it. I'd make sure whatever adapter I use has equal or lower output, just to be safe. Edit: I did a little research and it looks like saeufer is correct, I apologize if you've already melted your adapter!
    Last edited by andr0idralphie; 12-21-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Default Re: battery care

umm, no. They're all 5V, since that's the USB spec. The difference is the amperage output; using a charger with a lower output will cause the phone to charge more slowly and/or overheat the charger. You want to use a charger that has an equal or higher output so your phone will charge. It's smart enough only to draw as much current as it needs.

Any USB charger will work, including that microUSB car charger from your grandma's Motorola flip phone. The only way it'd damage your N4 is if the charger is defective.