Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By greydarrah
  • 1 Post By jd914
  • 1 Post By copperwatt
  • 2 Post By jd914
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default just received my replacement

So finally after 3and a half weeks of waiting I've received my replacement nexus 4 I had to replace my original because of the distorted earpiece but to my shock when I opened up and turned on my new nexus 4 the first thing I realized by holding them side by side I found out that the screen on my original was also messed up kind of white washed compared to the new one only thing I've notice with my new one is I can hear something rattle when I shake it and the volume buttons seem cheaper if that makes sense other then that my new n4 seems to be fine thank god because I couldn't stand to be on a phone call with my old one
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: just received my replacement

I just got mine yesterday and it's gorgeous. I do have the slight rattle but many have said this is the camera auto focus mechanism. Glad you also sorted out the screen issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon6 View Post
    So finally after 3and a half weeks of waiting I've received my replacement nexus 4 I had to replace my original because of the distorted earpiece but to my shock when I opened up and turned on my new nexus 4 the first thing I realized by holding them side by side I found out that the screen on my original was also messed up kind of white washed compared to the new one only thing I've notice with my new one is I can hear something rattle when I shake it and the volume buttons seem cheaper if that makes sense other then that my new n4 seems to be fine thank god because I couldn't stand to be on a phone call with my old one
    Eh, the rattling is the auto-focus (so i heard) and don't really know what u mean by cheaper lol but okay.

You guys should stop shaking your phones.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    You guys should stop shaking your phones.
    I agree the so called "rattle" is a non issue and shame on anyone that returns a perfectly good device for this. There are many with real issues waiting a long time for a replacements and replacements are at a premium right now.
    palitsyn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    I agree the so called "rattle" is a non issue and shame on anyone that returns a perfectly good device for this. There are many with real issues waiting a long time for a replacements and replacements are at a premium right now.
    Well I mean Google just fixes the rattle and then ships it, not really a large fix right?

Well I mean Google just fixes the rattle and then ships it, not really a large fix right?
    How can google fix something that is not broken?
    palitsyn likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Google doesn't fix anything. They will just ship out a new device for a non issue, making supply more depleted for those waiting to buy a new N4. The customer is always right so if a user thinks he has a problem Google has no choice but to ship a new device to replace a perfectly new device. People are way too OCD, there are legit problems then you have "rattle" problems.
    Thanked by:
    kurosenpai and copperwatt like this.

Google doesn't fix anything. They will just ship out a new device for a non issue, making supply more depleted for those waiting to buy a new N4. The customer is always right so if a user thinks he has a problem Google has no choice but to ship a new device to replace a perfectly new device. People are way too OCD, there are legit problems then you have "rattle" problems.
    Err.... what do you mean doesn't fix anything? Waste of hardware and all that technology stuff.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Err.... what do you mean doesn't fix anything? Waste of hardware and all that technology stuff.
    No one is in the business of fixing broken stuff and sending it back. If you read a warranty for any device you'll see that they will either send you a new or refurbished device. After the warranty is over or if it's a non warranty repair (water or physical damage) is a different story.

You're really prioritizing peoples issues here?

If I invest money into a product, why should someone else have more rights than I? If I perceive an issue on my device, I will appropriately request a replacement. Everyone will get a Nexus 4 that wants one eventually, but calling out anyone for wishing to have a properly functioning product is absurd.

We are all making an equal financial investment here and everyone reserves the right to do with their investments as they please.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    You're really prioritizing peoples issues here?

If I invest money into a product, why should someone else have more rights than I? If I perceive an issue on my device, I will appropriately request a replacement. Everyone will get a Nexus 4 that wants one eventually, but calling out anyone for wishing to have a properly functioning product is absurd.

We are all making an equal financial investment here and everyone reserves the right to do with their investments as they please.
    I said there are legitimate warranty issues. Perception and really are two different things.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I said there are legitimate warranty issues. Perception and really are two different things.

And again, who are you to say what is legitimate and what is not?

I'm not sure why you're trying to point out that perception and reality are two different things. If one perceives there to be an issue, that doesn't mean there isn't an issue; if one thinks something is wrong, there is no reason not to request a replacement, contrary to your own viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by loosecannon6 View Post
    Holy run-on sentence.

No one is in the business of fixing broken stuff and sending it back. If you read a warranty for any device you'll see that they will either send you a new or refurbished device. After the warranty is over or if it's a non warranty repair (water or physical damage) is a different story.
    I'm saying they fix is and send that device to another customer so they don't lose money and more time isn't wasted on creating another device.