Google Play Store Draining Battery?

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Last night I awoke to a dead Nexus 4. I watched it all day and found that the Google Play Store seems to be the responsible party for my battery. Has anyone else seen this? How do you stop the play store from doing this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-22-00-08-30.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-22-00-08-30.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 55

Kim_Nexus7

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, finally someone with the same problem!!! I did a factory reset yesterday, started from scratch again and really happy I'd done it. Battery life seemed much better, did not install FB app I blamed for earlier drains and charged and unplugged it last night before going to bed. So I wake up this morning, start my Nexus and it tells me to plug it in again as battery was at 8%! Checked battery stats, very similar to your screenshot. This is driving me nuts. Hubby bought a Nexus too after he saw mine but does not have the same problems, even though we have almost the same apps installed.

Question though, my Nexus gets really hot, even now when I'm typing this, does your battery have a high temp also? Around 35/36 C (95 F)?

Anyone has any ideas how to stop this?

rushtone

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Nexus 7.
It was fine for a while, but then I starting finding low or dead batteries, with Google Play Store taking credit for most of the battery usage.
Called Google tech support, who said "that's really strange" and sent me a replacement. Replacement was fine for a few weeks, but now it's doing the same thing.
Unit was fully charged this morning, used it for maybe 30 minutes (reading Flipbook and Google+) then set it down. About 8 hours later I picked it up, it was warm, and had 1% battery life left. Google Play Store had used about 75% of the battery.

David

Zach Hoskins

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Having this exact same issue! I don't know what to do. My Nexus 4 will get really hot while it's just sitting there, then the battery will be dead the next time I pick it up.

JimKin

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I get this occasionally. This morning just 3 hours after charging all night, I noticed that the battery was down to 18% and that the Google Play Store had used 61% of it. I plugged in the charger, and in just 30 seconds it went back to 100% charge.

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I get this occasionally, too. Usually I just kill it and then it's OK again.

But last night it happened again and killing it didn't help. It would just immediately started right back up and go back to consuming around 20% of CPU. help. (I use "OS Manager" app to monitor CPU and kill offenders.) Play Music was also showing around 5% (even though I can't even remember the last time I started that or played any musing). Tried killing them both together and they'd both come right back to life; I'm pretty sure they were working in tandem with each other. I eventually just gave up messing around, put it on my charging pad, and next morning it was OK again.

TheTitan1530

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
This is why im nervous about buying a nexus 4. Everyone seems to say its extremely fast with very poor battery. Only this i use with a smartphone is go on facebook, twitter, instagram and i surf the web ALOOT. How many hours do u guys think i can get on screen time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith