No service after roaming

m.clizzle

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Today I took a drive to the States (from Vancouver). I had previously verified that 'data while roaming' is not selected and went on my way. When i returned to Canada I noticed I had no cell service. Typically when I come drive back it is a good 10-20 miles before my Canadian provider, Bell, kicks back in and takes over the device. Today, I arrived home and had no service, just wifi.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I needed to manually connect back to my 'preferred provider' in order to have cell service again. Finally then did my voice mails and texts start to arrive.

It is like the phone would not search back for a new provider when i returned to Canada. Very troubling.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have seen that many times, with many phones. Usually rebooting solves it; sometimes just switching to Airplane mode and back to normal works as well.

To reboot, turn phone on then press and hold power button until menu appears. Tap Power Off and OK. After phone shuts down, press and hold power button for five seconds until haptic feedback "bump" then let go. Phone will reboot.

m.clizzle

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
sadly this happened AGAIN! the airplane mode did not do the trick. I thought if i searched for my local carrier it might pick it up after turning the radio on and off, but no suck luck.

I travel outside my carriers boundaries a lot, and this could be quite troublesome.