Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    I signed up with ST ATT on December 21st I did a little bit of padora, google music youtube. I used approximately 320MB of mobile data, and this morning I noticed my connection was really slow and I did a test and my DL AND UL speeds are ranging at about 300kps. I'm probably just going to switch to T-mobile's $30 plan. Does anyone know how I can get my account number from Straight Talk?
  2. #27  
    MERCDROID's Avatar

    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrplayer66 View Post
    I signed up with ST ATT on December 21st I did a little bit of padora, google music youtube. I used approximately 320MB of mobile data, and this morning I noticed my connection was really slow and I did a test and my DL AND UL speeds are ranging at about 300kps. I'm probably just going to switch to T-mobile's $30 plan. Does anyone know how I can get my account number from Straight Talk?
    Did you set up your account online? If so, you should be able to just see it if they have a "My Account" page.
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

    Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by MERCDROID View Post
    Did you set up your account online? If so, you should be able to just see it if they have a "My Account" page.
    Yeah I did sign up online and I've logged in to my account and I don't see it, I only see my name my phone number the nick name I gave my phone, the kind of plan I have and links to other pages.
  4. #29  
    MERCDROID's Avatar

    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrplayer66 View Post
    Yeah I did sign up online and I've logged in to my account and I don't see it, I only see my name my phone number the nick name I gave my phone, the kind of plan I have and links to other pages.
    Wow... I guess it couldn't hurt to give them a call. Maybe you don't have an account number, or maybe your phone number is your account number.
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

    Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    You might be right I'll give them a call later thanks for the idea!
    MERCDROID likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by blitz118 View Post
    Has the OP contacted Straight Talk to see if he was being throttled?
    No I haven't. I think I might.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lttlwing16 View Post
    10 days in, my DL speeds dropped to .25 Mbps. After about 8 calls, ST finally told me my number had been deliberately throttled. Last conversation I had with them, it would remain throttled until I paid another 45 dollars to restart my month. With 20 days left I just gave up and set up tasker to put me on WiFi at home and work. I used WiFi for most of my data use at that point. Yesterday (17 days in) I read that toggling mobile data and 2g on/off in settings might reset things. Sure enough, after that I was back to normal download speeds I experienced in the first 10 days. Weird. I guess ST/att showed me mercy since I had only probably used 60mb in a week over mobile network.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    How do you toggle mobile data and 2g? Also would setting up Tasker to automatically connect wifi at home and office conserve battery?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lttlwing16 View Post
    10 days in, my DL speeds dropped to .25 Mbps. After about 8 calls, ST finally told me my number had been deliberately throttled. Last conversation I had with them, it would remain throttled until I paid another 45 dollars to restart my month. With 20 days left I just gave up and set up tasker to put me on WiFi at home and work. I used WiFi for most of my data use at that point. Yesterday (17 days in) I read that toggling mobile data and 2g on/off in settings might reset things. Sure enough, after that I was back to normal download speeds I experienced in the first 10 days. Weird. I guess ST/att showed me mercy since I had only probably used 60mb in a week over mobile network.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    This morning I had the feeling I had been throttled I did the 2G thing and it worked or maybe it was a coincidence it's hard to say.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  9. #34  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeYou View Post
    If they did, then they would be able to charge as much as at&t does and so they would. There is a reason that these low/lower cost carriers charge less - they can't provide the same quality of services as the companies who charge more can because they don't have the profits to invest in their network to upgrade it as quickly/extensively.
    Nonsense lol in my area att and tmo sucks and att is charging my grandparents up the a-hole too bad my they are loyal to big blue smh

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    I'm so glad Sprint doesn't do that.

    from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
  11. #36  
    Lttlwing16's Avatar

    Posts
    767 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted AOSP

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    How do you toggle mobile data and 2g? Also would setting up Tasker to automatically connect wifi at home and office conserve battery?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Settings-more-mobile networks
    Settings-Data Usage

    Battery might improve, no guarantees. However using wifi primarily will keep you out of trouble with ST.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I am a product of my failures.

    It's not the law, just a suggestion..

    "Let's Flash Together" Bigjobber69.
    Thanked by:
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    I used 2.26GB of data from Nov 21 - Dec 20.
    Received a call from ST saying I was using excessive amounts of data and violating the terms and conditions.
    So I just switched to T-Mobile yesterday.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by mrplayer66 View Post
    Yeah I did sign up online and I've logged in to my account and I don't see it, I only see my name my phone number the nick name I gave my phone, the kind of plan I have and links to other pages.
    My account number was the number on the SIM card. I just ported from ST yesterday.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by bgs99 View Post
    I used 2.26GB of data from Nov 21 - Dec 20.
    Received a call from ST saying I was using excessive amounts of data and violating the terms and conditions.
    So I just switched to T-Mobile yesterday.
    did they threaten to cancel your account? was the call automated?
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  
    bobjohnson201's Avatar

    Posts
    845 Posts
    Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    what about net10? anyone had success with that? i know its the same parent company as ST, but its one of the few other ATT MVNO's (that I know of, at least)
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    did they threaten to cancel your account? was the call automated?
    I didn't answer the call. When I called the number back, it was automated. It told me I was in violation of the terms and conditions. It then started asking if I used the phone for business/personal, what applications I was using for data, etc. I hung up at that point. Since I was at the end of my service month, I decided to switch.
    Thanked by:
  17. #42  
    nickacs's Avatar

    Posts
    347 Posts
    Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lover1 View Post
    I was planning on trying out straight talk att to see how the speeds and coverage is compared to T-Mobile prepaid. Currently on the $30 monthly. Now though I'm not so sure if they're gonna be throttling like that...
    I WAS going to do the same. I'm into my second month of TMo $30 prepaid and it's been overall "good". But for some reason lately, at work, building penetration has blocked me about 98% of the time here at my desk where it wasn't last month?? And while I was coming back from my Christmas vacation down I-75 from MI to GA, I noticed zero data while stuck in traffic on the main interstate?? The latter isn't the biggest deal as we only travel like twice/yr, but having no data signal at work 5days/40hrs week definitely is.

    But now after hearing the ST "horror" stories here, maybe I'll just deal with it for now or maybe switch to Solavei, which doesn't throttle "as much" like ST.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    OK, I'm reposting this but I found it, not my work but it works flawlessly and takes only 20 min.

    Call 866-667-6472 save as st throttle
    This is st managers direct line just say your 3g is throttled and u used almost no data; say "I just use for email and fb nothing major" be nice don't ask why throttle, keep it short n sweet also use another phone than bing bang they fix. Been on st att since n4 and gotta call once a month. Works tho and get art 45 month just takes 20 min call. Don't call regular st # or transfers n holding 3hrs later u want to punch baby seals, if u know what I mean
  19. #44  
    Jennifer Stough's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,029 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have I been throttled?

    My husband and I had straight talk for the last two years, before the androids they were fine. Once they released android phones we got the LG optimus q for the both of us, we both recieved calls every month about excessive data when not even reaching 2 gb a month each. Bought ST SIM cards one att for an iPhone and one tmo for sidekick 4g and it was the same issue. Every month, calls with cancellation threats when we never exceeded 2 GB. Finally said screw it and got a contract with Verizon.

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Harmonia 3. Will we see it or have we been cut out?
    By cammykool in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 11:10 AM
  2. Rihanna - Where Have You Been Ringtone
    By 1fastmr2 in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and Themes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 08:51 AM
  3. Have I been hacked?
    By kmr296 in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 09:22 AM
  4. Mystery Battery App- can't find info- Have I been attacked?
    By cjrlauve in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 08:21 AM
  5. have there been any updates for the proximity sensor?
    By spencer0279 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 07:58 AM

Posting Permissions