Have I been throttled?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
10 days in, my DL speeds dropped to .25 Mbps. After about 8 calls, ST finally told me my number had been deliberately throttled. Last conversation I had with them, it would remain throttled until I paid another 45 dollars to restart my month. With 20 days left I just gave up and set up tasker to put me on WiFi at home and work. I used WiFi for most of my data use at that point. Yesterday (17 days in) I read that toggling mobile data and 2g on/off in settings might reset things. Sure enough, after that I was back to normal download speeds I experienced in the first 10 days. Weird. I guess ST/att showed me mercy since I had only probably used 60mb in a week over mobile network.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mrplayer66

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I signed up with ST ATT on December 21st I did a little bit of padora, google music youtube. I used approximately 320MB of mobile data, and this morning I noticed my connection was really slow and I did a test and my DL AND UL speeds are ranging at about 300kps. I'm probably just going to switch to T-mobile's $30 plan. Does anyone know how I can get my account number from Straight Talk?

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I signed up with ST ATT on December 21st I did a little bit of padora, google music youtube. I used approximately 320MB of mobile data, and this morning I noticed my connection was really slow and I did a test and my DL AND UL speeds are ranging at about 300kps. I'm probably just going to switch to T-mobile's $30 plan. Does anyone know how I can get my account number from Straight Talk?

Did you set up your account online? If so, you should be able to just see it if they have a "My Account" page.

mrplayer66

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you set up your account online? If so, you should be able to just see it if they have a "My Account" page.

Yeah I did sign up online and I've logged in to my account and I don't see it, I only see my name my phone number the nick name I gave my phone, the kind of plan I have and links to other pages.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I did sign up online and I've logged in to my account and I don't see it, I only see my name my phone number the nick name I gave my phone, the kind of plan I have and links to other pages.
Wow... I guess it couldn't hurt to give them a call. Maybe you don't have an account number, or maybe your phone number is your account number.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
10 days in, my DL speeds dropped to .25 Mbps. After about 8 calls, ST finally told me my number had been deliberately throttled. Last conversation I had with them, it would remain throttled until I paid another 45 dollars to restart my month. With 20 days left I just gave up and set up tasker to put me on WiFi at home and work. I used WiFi for most of my data use at that point. Yesterday (17 days in) I read that toggling mobile data and 2g on/off in settings might reset things. Sure enough, after that I was back to normal download speeds I experienced in the first 10 days. Weird. I guess ST/att showed me mercy since I had only probably used 60mb in a week over mobile network.

How do you toggle mobile data and 2g? Also would setting up Tasker to automatically connect wifi at home and office conserve battery?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mrplayer66

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

This morning I had the feeling I had been throttled I did the 2G thing and it worked or maybe it was a coincidence it's hard to say.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If they did, then they would be able to charge as much as at&t does and so they would. There is a reason that these low/lower cost carriers charge less - they can't provide the same quality of services as the companies who charge more can because they don't have the profits to invest in their network to upgrade it as quickly/extensively.

Nonsense lol in my area att and tmo sucks and att is charging my grandparents up the a-hole too bad my they are loyal to big blue smh

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
How do you toggle mobile data and 2g? Also would setting up Tasker to automatically connect wifi at home and office conserve battery?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Settings-more-mobile networks
Settings-Data Usage

Battery might improve, no guarantees. However using wifi primarily will keep you out of trouble with ST.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

bgs99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I used 2.26GB of data from Nov 21 - Dec 20.
Received a call from ST saying I was using excessive amounts of data and violating the terms and conditions.
So I just switched to T-Mobile yesterday.

bgs99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

My account number was the number on the SIM card. I just ported from ST yesterday.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I used 2.26GB of data from Nov 21 - Dec 20.
Received a call from ST saying I was using excessive amounts of data and violating the terms and conditions.
So I just switched to T-Mobile yesterday.

did they threaten to cancel your account? was the call automated?

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
what about net10? anyone had success with that? i know its the same parent company as ST, but its one of the few other ATT MVNO's (that I know of, at least)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol