Will Nexus 4 ever release the CDMA version?

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
It's too much of hassle for a nexus device on CDMA networks like Verizon, update's come months behind because of carriers which pretty much defeats one of the main advantages of having a nexus device, which is quick updates. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Why is there an option to enable it?

There is an option to enable LTE as well, though just because it grabs some sort of a weak signal does not mean the phone is an LTE/CDMA device. It's lacking additional hardware to run appropriately on LTE/CDMA networks; the N4 essentially has groundwork of the Optimus G, but nothing more i.e. amplifiers for the radios, etc.

Extremely unlikely we'll see a CDMA Nexus 4. I'd say "never ever ever ever" ...but one should never say never... but really, never.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Some (me included) feel that Google will release a CDMA Nexus 4 eventually, but not until spring. Sprint has received the last two Nexus phones, and even got their own custom version of the Nexus S that included WiMax radios. Sprint has also been pretty friendly with Google in the past, being the first US carrier to support both Google Wallet and Google Voice integration.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I agree with this. The rumoured device forums already have a thread on this started by Alex. Would be surprised if it went to Verizon but not Sprint. They have collaborated before on the Gnex and Nexus S. It will happen sometime this spring.

Some (me included) feel that Google will release a CDMA Nexus 4 eventually, but not until spring. Sprint has received the last two Nexus phones, and even got their own custom version of the Nexus S that included WiMax radios. Sprint has also been pretty friendly with Google in the past, being the first US carrier to support both Google Wallet and Google Voice integration.

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
for sprint, possibly. for verizon, good luck! after the nightmare that was the launch of the gnex last year, i don't think google will ever work with verizon again of their own free will.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
for sprint, possibly. for verizon, good luck! after the nightmare that was the launch of the gnex last year, i don't think google will ever work with verizon again of their own free will.

Agree with Sprint possibly getting it especially since it seems that Google has taken notice of Ting which runs in Sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2