Buying questions

ErickMendez

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Are their any draw backs to the device besides non removable battery an micro SD card support. Also i would like to know if their is anyway i can port boost mobile # to tmobile. ALSO if you do a short review on why the device good and battery that would be helpful to me

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Biggest disadvantage is it not being in stock making the only purchase channels private sellers who want to make a quick buck.

Also without a case the phone can be very slippery in the hand.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You want unbiased opinions so you're asking an Android-based forum?

True enough but I mean Nexus 4 will be my first Android device that i've ever owned, i was only using apple so I think my opinion will be unbiased. Maybe... dunno, don't have the phone yet :D

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh thanks cus i was hoping on get the t-mobile unlimited 4g plan and thetherring

If you read various sources they say that T-mobile does randomly audit the data coming through their network and can tell if you're tethering so tethering on a non-tethering plan is at your own risk.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh i didn't know that, how strict are they with their random checks

Don't really know but the fact that you don't hear people on forums whining about being caught might be a clue.

From what I've read and heard it's about not abusing it. The reason they don't allow tethering on unlimited is that everyone would use it to supplement or replace their home Internet in turn degrading network quality for everyone.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I love the phone and it's the only one I would buy if I was shopping for something today. It's smooth, fast, has a great display, and will always be the first device to get Google updates. I'm on Tmobile and tether all the time with no problems. I should add that when I tether, it's just to get my laptop on the internet for a little browsing and work stuff...I'm not trying to stream movies all day long.