1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sim and facebook contacts wont display. just google account contacts

I cant seem to display sim and facebook contacts. Just contacts synced with the google account. Am i doing something wrong? On my previous phone, a galaxy s i9000, i could choose whether to display, sim, phone, google, or facebook contacts

Default Re: sim and facebook contacts wont display. just google account contacts

Did you actually activate "sync with facebook" and everything? If not there are applications in the play store that can sync for you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: sim and facebook contacts wont display. just google account contacts

I tried auto sync and manually clicking sync. And still no contacts from facebook
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

On my previous android i could choose to display just contacts from the sim. But on the nexus 4 it doesnt display any from the sim
    Last edited by franz patrick Pilapil; 12-24-2012 at 02:10 PM.

For Facebook contacts, there's an app called Facebook contact sync (not sure if it came on the phone or if someone recommended it from the Play store). Use that to sync your FB contacts. Not sure what to tell you regarding your sim contacts. You probably need to just import them into gmail and sync them that way.

I don't know about "displaying" SIM contacts, but you can open People, tap Menu -> Import/Export -> Import from SIM card.

Does that help?
    EWY

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by franz patrick Pilapil View Post
    I cant seem to display sim and facebook contacts. Just contacts synced with the google account. Am i doing something wrong? On my previous phone, a galaxy s i9000, i could choose whether to display, sim, phone, google, or facebook contacts
    Moving phone numbers between SIM and Phone

I too have this problem. Take a look at this post. I downloaded an app call SIM Manager from Play Store and this would display the numbers on the SIM and enable to copy to and from the Contacts. This helps a little but there is no way to control how the numbers could be displayed on the phone contacts..
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
    For Facebook contacts, there's an app called Facebook contact sync (not sure if it came on the phone or if someone recommended it from the Play store). Use that to sync your FB contacts. Not sure what to tell you regarding your sim contacts. You probably need to just import them into gmail and sync them that way.
    I tried the app. Still cant see my facebook contacts. I thanks for the help anyway dude. U on nexus 4 too? Dont have the same problem?

I tried the app. Still cant see my facebook contacts. I thanks for the help anyway dude. U on nexus 4 too? Dont have the same problem?
    Yes, I have the Nexus 4 and I can see my FB contacts. The only other thing it *might* be is if you use facebook in secure mode (https), then that might block your contacts from syncing with your phone. I remember having some problems with my previous phone seeing pictures of my contacts in fb because of the secure setting.
    EWY

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

The app as the name implies manages the contacts on the SIM. It only manages the contacts between the SIM and the contacts on the phone.
    While in contacts. Click the 3 dots on the bottom right. There you see the Contacts for Display option. You can select the contacts in which accounts or all the display. There is a Custom option also. Facebook contacts is in there. My problem is I could not just see the contacts on the SIM.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Yes, I have the Nexus 4 and I can see my FB contacts. The only other thing it *might* be is if you use facebook in secure mode (https), then that might block your contacts from syncing with your phone. I remember having some problems with my previous phone seeing pictures of my contacts in fb because of the secure setting.
    I have managed to display facebook contacts using diffenerent contacts app. Thanks for the help

- - - Updated - - -

I have managed to display facebook contacts using diffenerent contacts app. Thanks for the help