Saying goodbye

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Love my LG Nexus 4,but im going to list it on Craigslist. It was a toss up between this phone and the GN2 and after a month im going to go with the Gnote2.

Ill come visit you guys on this forum though, here's hoping you guys get a good case soon.

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
All the best it looks like there are some kinks to work out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I was ready to wish you a fare well, but instead I guess I'll have to wish you a welcome. Loving my note II

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Great choice. I have both Nexus 4 and Note 2.

I have to say Note 2 is one helluva device. To me, it's a "true" upgrade, but I like the Nexus 4 for other reason too. I'm digging vanilla android UI and looking forward to using google wallet, since you can use it on any other phones lol.

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Cool. I would never even think of using a "phone" that huge, and I hope the my bigger is bigger than your bigger trend comes to an end.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Cool. I would never even think of using a "phone" that huge, and I hope the my bigger is bigger than your bigger trend comes to an end.

With over 5M Note 2s sold the phone is here to stay, and will not be going away any time soon. I love my big Note 2, and other phones look and feel too small to me.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So not true. I remember 10 years ago in high school everyone was trying to get the smallest and thinnest phone. The phablet phase will end too.

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
So not true. I remember 10 years ago in high school everyone was trying to get the smallest and thinnest phone. The phablet phase will end too.

Small phones in high school 10 years ago were useless because we could text and the teacher wouldn't see our phones. Now taking out a 5 inch note will probably get you in trouble immediately.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I doubt this. I can't go back to anything smaller now. My Gnex feels like a toy an iphone feels like a joke. When the first note came out I would have agreed with you. But now that the note 2 is pulling in numbers like main stream sizes the numbers will grow with people who fell like me, that anything smaller just won't do.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
You'll see. History repeats itself. Trends come and go. Look at clothing trends. It may not be soon but it will happen. These flat screens people carry in their pockets will be seen as crazy. Don't worry though, you're cool for a few more years at least. Only in America are huge phone cool. The rest of the world still like the 4inchers. Read some statistics on what size people like most.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You'll see. History repeats itself. Trends come and go. Look at clothing trends. It may not be soon but it will happen. These flat screens people carry in their pockets will be seen as crazy. Don't worry though, you're cool for a few more years at least. Only in America are huge phone cool. The rest of the world still like the 4inchers. Read some statistics on what size people like most.

No you.

Asia loves the note 2 more than North America

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site

The Note's argument is not bigger = better. It's argument is it's size = more functionality.

I've messed around with the Note 2 and S pen a few days before I got my Nexus 4, and I was immediately torn. It was so amazing, and so functional.

I like my Nexus 4, but honestly, it just doesn't beat the Note 2. I keep finding myself asking if pure android is really a huge advantage, when Touchwiz actually isn't bad at all.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was messing around with the multi view feature, and it is pretty cool and makes the phone a true multi tasking phone. The 5.5 screen makes that feature work so good. I could not go back to one of those tiny four inch screen phones. Those phones feel like toys after using the Note 2.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
The Note 2 is an impressive device, but it isn't for everyone. Sure, it offers a great deal of functionality, but its portability is hindered by its size. I find the nexus 4 (and the Galaxy nexus before it) the ideal size for me. Big enough to do all my reading, watch videos, but small enough to grip it in one hand without making the hand tired. But that's just me.

There are always tradeoffs, and the reason we have different size phones is that much to Apple's dismay, one size does not fit all. Whatever fits your needs the best, you should use that.

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
The Note 2 is an impressive device, but it isn't for everyone. Sure, it offers a great deal of functionality, but its portability is hindered by its size. I find the nexus 4 (and the Galaxy nexus before it) the ideal size for me. Big enough to do all my reading, watch videos, but small enough to grip it in one hand without making the hand tired. But that's just me.

There are always tradeoffs, and the reason we have different size phones is that much to Apple's dismay, one size does not fit all. Whatever fits your needs the best, you should use that.

I agree. Although the Note II is wonderful, it is way too big for me to use as a daily phone. That's why I'm happy with the Nexus 4. But I think the best combination is the Nexus 4 for normal phone usage, and then the Nexus 7 for everything else. And the best part? Both of those together is cheaper than the Note II unlocked.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
No need to argue people. Both of these phones are so awesome. We have sooooo many choices now! There are 5 or 6 major high end devices that are great for anyone who chooses them. The Note 2 is paving a new path in technology but the N4 just gives the pure Google experience that can't be had anywhere else.

You certainly can't say that about an Apple device. It's like shopping for a car and every car on the lot is a Honda Civic.

Android fans are lucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze