Saying goodbye

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
No need to argue people. Both of these phones are so awesome. We have sooooo many choices now! There are 5 or 6 major high end devices that are great for anyone who chooses them. The Note 2 is paving a new path in technology but the N4 just gives the pure Google experience that can't be had anywhere else.

You certainly can't say that about an Apple device. It's like shopping for a car and every car on the lot is a Honda Civic.

Android fans are lucky.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Exactly, something for everyone. All these phones are great. One phone may not be a good fit for me, but it will be a perfect phone for someone else. It's all about having choices.

dr_m0x

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Although the Note II is wonderful, it is way too big for me to use as a daily phone. That's why I'm happy with the Nexus 4. But I think the best combination is the Nexus 4 for normal phone usage, and then the Nexus 7 for everything else. And the best part? Both of those together is cheaper than the Note II unlocked.

This. Loving my Nexus 4/Nexus 7 combo. Kind of wish I had of gotten a 3g Nexus 7 though ... Wi-Fi tethering isn't too good for the Nexus 4 battery, but I'll live.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

danimal62

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Was it the lack of acessories then?Cause u need a purse to carry around one of those. just saying...
Love my LG Nexus 4,but im going to list it on Craigslist. It was a toss up between this phone and the GN2 and after a month im going to go with the Gnote2.

Ill come visit you guys on this forum though, here's hoping you guys get a good case soon.

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
But I think the best combination is the Nexus 4 for normal phone usage, and then the Nexus 7 for everything else. And the best part? Both of those together is cheaper than the Note II unlocked.

Absolutely!

Sent from my amazing Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Although the Note II is wonderful, it is way too big for me to use as a daily phone. That's why I'm happy with the Nexus 4. But I think the best combination is the Nexus 4 for normal phone usage, and then the Nexus 7 for everything else. And the best part? Both of those together is cheaper than the Note II unlocked.
Never thought of that. Crazy value when you put it into that comparison.

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The Note's argument is not bigger = better. It's argument is it's size = more functionality.

I've messed around with the Note 2 and S pen a few days before I got my Nexus 4, and I was immediately torn. It was so amazing, and so functional.

I like my Nexus 4, but honestly, it just doesn't beat the Note 2. I keep finding myself asking if pure android is really a huge advantage, when Touchwiz actually isn't bad at all.

Touch wiz is hideous and makes the Note look like a throwback to the Gingerbread days. I won't deal with a non-Nexus device, there's no point. The crappy UI skins ruin Android. I won't buy an LG phone either, and surely not ones with a glass back like an iPhone 4. So I rock a Lumia 920 and use a Nexus 7 for my android fix.

Different strokes for different folks though...

ztmike

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I seriously don't understand these types of threads..no one cares. Go do what you please but don't make a thread about it. You trying to start a war or just troll?

I to thought about getting the note 2 but I didn't announce to the world about it..the major factor in my nexus 4 purchase was the very competitive price point and the features still out do what note 2 has and there is no development going on for the note 2..so your stuck with putting a launcher on it to get stock Android and even then all the menus won't look the same as the home screen. Plus..only way to get LTE is to sign a contract and pay out your ass per month ..no thanks I'll gladly go prepaid and have access to T-Mobiles 42mbps network for $30 month

Sent from my Nexus 4 16GB using Tapatalk 2

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I seriously don't understand these types of threads..no one cares. Go do what you please but don't make a thread about it. You trying to start a war or just troll?

If you don't care for the thread, then simply move on instead of posting. Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
there is no development going on for the note 2..so your stuck with putting a launcher on it to get stock Android and even then all the menus won't look the same as the home screen.

This is an uninformed statement as there is alot of development going on for the note 2.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Touch wiz is hideous and makes the Note look like a throwback to the Gingerbread days. I won't deal with a non-Nexus device, there's no point. The crappy UI skins ruin Android. I won't buy an LG phone either, and surely not ones with a glass back like an iPhone 4. So I rock a Lumia 920 and use a Nexus 7 for my android fix.

Different strokes for different folks though...

Touchwiz may have been a bad UI...But the one on the Note II isn't bad at all. Some could even argue that it's functionality is better than the pure android OS. It really all comes down to preference. I love my Nexus 4 and vanilla android, but I miss some awesome Touchwiz features.

Would it really be fun if every phone, from every manufacturer, in every phone size only consisted of a pure vanilla OS? That would be boring. You might as well get an iPhone.

taj7575

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I to thought about getting the note 2 but I didn't announce to the world about it..the major factor in my nexus 4 purchase was the very competitive price point and the features still out do what note 2 has and there is no development going on for the note 2..so your stuck with putting a launcher on it to get stock Android and even then all the menus won't look the same as the home screen. Plus..only way to get LTE is to sign a contract and pay out your ass per month ..no thanks I'll gladly go prepaid and have access to T-Mobiles 42mbps network for $30 month

That is such a subjective statement. With things like the S-Pen and some cool features of TouchWiz, how can that be possible? You have to give props for Samsung for taking the Android OS to another level, even if it dealt with having to use a TouchWiz interface.

Not everyone is looking for stock android. When people go to school or have a job, or just any task to be honest, having such a thing like an S-Pen and Touchwiz is really worth it. That would be rendered useless if you root it to get stock Android on it.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
You can't pay me to use TouchWiz. For me, its a deal breaker (not to mention that cheap-ass feeling plastic). :eek:

If it works for you, great but it sure as Hell didn't work for me. And say hello to getting updates 6 months after they're released... That is, if you get an update at all... :snicker:

I'm sticking with my Nexus 4/Nexus 7 combo and couldn't be happier.

Anyway, good luck with your Note 2. Enjoy :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I never understood why updates are so important to a phone's decision. My SGS1 never went beyond 2.3 and it still functioned and work fine. My HTC sensation got updated to ICS and I noticed some minute differences, but nothing that wowed me. Moving to 4.2.1 on the Nexus 4, it functioned just like ICS, but some new features added to it. It probably runs smoother, but nothing major that I've noticed. The only time updates are of importance to me is when they are security related updates.

I feel like phone updates are like windows updates. Whether you download em or not, they make minor differences to how you use the OS.

bruceleer0y

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

You say that, but then you post a paragraph :-\. Hmmm why i would be trying to start a war/troll, they're both great phones. it's not like im talking about a windows phone or an iPhone. Nice try. :cool:

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I seriously don't understand why people post things like this, if you don't care move on. By posting in here you just bumped this thread to the top. If this post was a so called "troll" you would be feeding the troll and that is just as bad.

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
With over 5M Note 2s sold the phone is here to stay, and will not be going away any time soon. I love my big Note 2, and other phones look and feel too small to me.

I'm not talking about the Note. I'm talking in general. It wasn't that long ago that 4.3 inch screens were considered huge. Now we're at 5 and larger with some, and I don't think we need to be advancing in that direction. My screen is 4.7 inches, and the phone itself isn't big. It feels good. Manufacturers should be focusing on battery technology and enlarging screens without enlarging the bezel along with it.

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I never understood why updates are so important to a phone's decision. My SGS1 never went beyond 2.3 and it still functioned and work fine. My HTC sensation got updated to ICS and I noticed some minute differences, but nothing that wowed me. Moving to 4.2.1 on the Nexus 4, it functioned just like ICS, but some new features added to it. It probably runs smoother, but nothing major that I've noticed. The only time updates are of importance to me is when they are security related updates.

I feel like phone updates are like windows updates. Whether you download em or not, they make minor differences to how you use the OS.

You're either severely downplaying the obvious advancements that Android has made, or you're just that guy who can't bother to be impressed by a cat operating heavy construction vehicles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad